Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2005, 05:52 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Ok...seriously...what the fuck?

So today my toilet started leaking. Not that kind of constant running noisy leaking...it's dripping water onto my floor. A lot of water. I know it's coming from the tank, but I don't know exactly where. Shutting it off from the wall is a no-go since it doesn't seem to have a shut off valve (there's a knob of sorts, but turning it has yielded no results). So as of now it's leaking, there's water all over my bathroom floor, several towels have been soaked, and it's still coming. Any ideas on how to stop this menace? I'm calling my landlord, but I'd rather my bathroom not flood before then. If I didn't know better I'd swear it was getting worse. The fucking tank doesn't even seem to be firmly attached to the bowl anymore (I put my hand on it to steady myself when I checked out the leak and the tank was all wobbly). Fucking indoor plumbing.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

go shit in a hole

but serisouly, i dunno, mine was dong that a few weeks ago and i just turned the knob in the backl all the way till it shut off and thye could come fix it

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

My damn knob under my toilet doesn't work either. Is it running constantly or just leaking water?

Since I'm not sure what kind of toilet you have, I'll make suggests based on my toilet.

Check around the water lines for leaks or cracks. Maybe flush the toilet, then hold the ball up (I stick a small screw driver in to keep the ball from dropping.) to keep the tank from refilling.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
CD5Passion

ummm...get a sealant? and seal any and all cracks in and around it?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
Kyle
elyK

Just turn the water off from outside and then call somebody...it'd be your best bet.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #6
AzCivic

if the tank is wobbling around then i guess the bolts that go through the tank are loose, which would let it leak since the bolts go throught the tank and attach to the bowl/base, they should have a little gasket on each bolt in the tank and under the tank there should be a nut, tighten them down and see what happens. becareful though if you tighten them too much it'll crack the tank.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:40 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

stop shitting so much. seriously i think the bolts that attach the tak to the toilet are loose.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Tried shutting off the water and then flushing it - emptying out the tank and not letting it refill?
Sounds like youre in need of a new seal and to check the bolts the connect the bowl/tank
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well I went out and bought a new shutoff valve after shutting down the water at the meter. A huge pain in the ass, I assure you. The tank is drained and not leaking anymore...now I'm just waiting for my bathroom to dry out. I called my landlords, but the guy is out of town (which in the part of the country means out of the area apparently since he's supposed to be by later) and his wife doesn't do many repairs. Man...I fought with this damn thing all night. The toilet won...but it was close. I didn't get to sleep until 6:30 this morning and then had to get up at 10:30 for class (I missed my first one while I was fixing the fucking valve). All in all a shit day so far.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:06 PM   #10
CD5Passion

aahahah poor steve