::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2004, 06:48 PM   #41
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Thinking about the Honda cbr 600cc's as a begginer's bike. Is it decent or is it a lil too powerfull?
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:54 PM   #42
GeneralDzur

Was wondering the same thing.

- Dzur
Old 04-19-2004, 08:51 PM   #43
ShagginJet

I don't think it's TOO powerful but the big has some balls. A well built 450 or 500 can take off on you. Sometimes when I nail that gas on my bike i'm holding on for dear life, fun as heck though.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:34 AM   #44
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

CBR 600.
Not bad!
I would get one for a first bike.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:57 AM   #45
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Older CBR600s like Shagginjet's Hurricane are better then the newer ones, but still not great beginner bikes IMHO. They arent near as forgiving as smaller bikes. They still push about 70-80hp and are kinda heavy.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:30 PM   #46
black95gs-t

RacingRice, I don't mean to step on your toes, but I really think the SV650 is a great starter bike. Everyone that I know that has started on one has loved it and recomends it to all their friends. I have ridden them and think the same. I agree that a 250 and 500cc Ninja are great starter bikes as well, but people get bored with them quickly. They are very agile, very forgiving, and confidence inspiring, but they have no go to them when you start to progress. IMHO it takes a little longer to out grow an SV and with limited resources, I think that is a better choice. I totally agree about the MSF. I have taken the beginner, and 4 advanced classes, as well as many track days and schools. The MSF is by far the most informative for street riding, and I always end up learning something new there. As far as where to get used bikes, cycle traders, www.cycletraderonline.com , ask around for a reliable dealer. If you ask a motorcyclist in your area, they should be able to give you good advice on where to go. I know here in SoCal it is a very close knit community where everyone knows everyone and someone can at least point you in the right direction. The Super Sports are definatly not fun to learn on. I don't remember who said it but they said a 600cc CBR couldn't have too much power, but think about this. An 88 CBR 600 F1 Hurricane (not dissin. this was my first bike and I loved it.) has roughly 75 RWHP, if I am not mistaken that is pretty close to a 95 DX Civic, but the Hurricane weighs roughly 500 pounds. Anyway, long story a little less long, Super Sport = bad first bike, lesser = better. Prefirably with no fairings, and definatly MSF course.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u

Last edited by black95gs-t : 05-13-2004 at 02:09 PM.
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:20 PM   #47
Kyle
elyK

I was actually looking for a damn sv650...i love the look of it and i've heard by some it's a good beginner bike...i'm calling tomorow to find out when the damn MSF course is...after i take that, i'll get my bike and be on my way!

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:07 AM   #48
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by black95gs-t
RacingRice, I don't mean to step on your toes, but I really think the SV650 is a great starter bike. Everyone that I know that has started on one has loved it and recomends it to all their friends. I have ridden them and think the same. I agree that a 250 and 500cc Ninja are great starter bikes as well, but people get bored with them quickly.

Its cool, I know exactly what your saying. It really boils down to the person and what they are capable of and comfortable on. For some people the SV650 still makes more power then they can handle, its torquey and can wheelie unexpectedly. I dont see why a person that has passed an MSF course couldnt ride one though. Thats the only reason I say its a borderline beginner bike.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #49
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Is the Yamaha R6 a good begginer bike. I found a sweet deal on one of them and i wanted to ask some one with experience if they had any idea.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
Old 04-29-2004, 10:40 AM   #50
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by MAXed Out
Is the Yamaha R6 a good begginer bike. I found a sweet deal on one of them and i wanted to ask some one with experience if they had any idea.

One word will some it up... No!

Didnt you read any posts in this thread? :o
Old 04-29-2004, 04:55 PM   #51
Kyle
elyK

if you guys want a good motorcycle forum for to www.sportbikes.net
lots of good info for beginners and a bunch of really nice guys/girls

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:41 AM   #52
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
One word will some it up... No!

Didnt you read any posts in this thread? :o

I did read the posts but not all 4 pages. The thing is i know i dont need a powerfull bike as a begginer but i dont want something smaller then a 600cc's. So help me out here.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:19 PM   #53
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by MAXed Out
I did read the posts but not all 4 pages. The thing is i know i dont need a powerfull bike as a begginer but i dont want something smaller then a 600cc's. So help me out here.

An R6 has tons of power for a beginner....and really good rider on an R6 could beat a rider on an R1...seen it happen!
Get a ninja...or something older...that way when you dump it..you won't be sad.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #54
black95gs-t

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
An R6 has tons of power for a beginner....and really good rider on an R6 could beat a rider on an R1...seen it happen!

Been there, done that.
My bike kill list is as follows.
1. 2003 GSX-R 1000
2. 2002 R1
3. 2004 ZX-10R
4. 2001 TL1000R
5. ZX-12R
6. 2000 GSX-R 750
7. 2003 CBR 954RR
8. 2000 CBR 929RR
9. 2002 Ducati 996
10. GSX 1300-R Busa
All done on a '99 R6. That happens when you have a big bike and don't know how to ride though. I've even seen an unmodded Z06 Vette smoke a Busa. I know what you are saying, "A Z06 is fast though." Not when compared to a Busa though.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #55
MegaDON

If you never even driven a dirt bike, you might want to look at an old 500 Ninja R.....its not slow but its not fast. You can still wheelie on it if you try though, but its an awsome begginer bike....600 and up are pretty hard to ride.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #56
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I have a 2004 Ninja 250R I will sell it to you for $2800. I would keep it and sell my Z if I had the Z paid off, but its not so... Im selling one of my bikes, and unfortunately its gonna be the 250R. It was originally for my wife, but she said she probably wouldnt ride it enough, and Id rather not have to keep two bikes running all the time. Im to lazy for that.

Heres the info..
http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showt...threadid=21346