::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

shaved doorhandles?

ok i read posts at hondastlye all the time and i see alot of questions about shaved door handles and i always wonder what that means. So what exactly does it mean?
thnx everyone
Old 05-05-2002, 11:22 PM   #2
4jacks

Thier Cool... you go to a body shop and they shave your handles... basicly it's an apperence thing... what it looks like is

Well it looks like your door handles are missing...
You look at the door and they took the door handle off and you can't tell where it was...

If your asking how do you open the door, you have to buy Solenoids (i hope I spelt that close to right) to pop the door open for you .. You push a Button on your alarm remote and your door pops open a little so you can swing it out and get in... And if your battery dies... your climbling through the trunk. !

Hope that helps

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 11:30 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Yup, what 4jacks said...

You basically replace the section where your handle was with sheet metal, paint it, etc. to make it look like it was never there. Same with shaving emblems, antennas, etc.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 09:05 AM   #4
diesel_uk

no disrepect but if ure fat then their is more chance in finding a virgin in britan than getting inside ure car.Is that what ure trying to say ... lol
Old 05-06-2002, 10:01 AM   #5
slowEJ6

a smart thing would be to move the keyhole somewhere else, not get rid of it. cuz if your back seats are up, how are you going to put them down from the trunk?
ahhh the more reasons to own a hatch
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 02:24 PM   #6
Honda_Gurl

and here's a pic for you, in case you wondered what it looks like:

Old 05-06-2002, 02:33 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
a smart thing would be to move the keyhole somewhere else, not get rid of it. cuz if your back seats are up, how are you going to put them down from the trunk?
ahhh the more reasons to own a hatch

My trunk has a pull lever inside it that releases the back seats as long as they aren't locked...

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 03:01 PM   #8
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

its also illegal in some states unless you drive around at all times with your windows down... some sort of safety thing because it would be so hard to get in with the windows up if there is an emergency... just varies by state though.
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 03:08 PM   #9
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

My trunk has a pull lever inside it that releases the back seats as long as they aren't locked...
civics are garbage, i dont think they offer that
Old 05-06-2002, 07:53 PM   #10
4jacks

Ok....

I don't understand the whole Fat comment.... The door still opens all the way, so if a fat man could get in before he can still get in... If your talking about a fat man climbing through the trunk, well then you have two options, Pay a skinny kid five bucks to climb through your trunk, or break your window.

And My 02 Civic, has little tabs to pull from inside the trunk to fold down the back seats.

If your doesn't and you dont wanna break a window then your really S.O.L.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 05-07-2002, 12:50 PM   #11
ddr_max

Quote:

they arnt garbage ,my civic coupe has a pull tag
Old 05-08-2002, 11:52 PM   #12
gee

how much does shaving the handles cost, approximately?
Old 05-09-2002, 12:34 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

can you lock them ? my key hole only pops the seat from the inside. it does not lock it

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 09:04 AM   #14
Honda_Gurl

cost obviously depends. you have to buy door poppers, and i think a good set costs you about 150 bucks. you can save cash and install them yourselves, or pay for installation. besides that you'll also have to pay for the actual shaving of the doorhandles, plus paint for both doors. personally i'm just going to shave them myself (probably, still looking into prices to see if it's worth it or not), and then get the whole car painted when i'm done shaving the whole thing... it'll probably cost you about 500 i'd say to take it somewhere to install/shave/paint. i could be off on that price, just depends on the shop.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:17 PM   #15
Mushroom

Quote:

Mine does. Pretty sure my '94 civic had them too. I also don't think I can lock them out (just use the key to pop the seats from in the cabin - although the valet key doesn't open the trunk from the inside or outside.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #16
FLAT_LINER

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
Thier Cool... you go to a body shop and they shave your handles... basicly it's an apperence thing... what it looks like is

Well it looks like your door handles are missing...
You look at the door and they took the door handle off and you can't tell where it was...

If your asking how do you open the door, you have to buy Solenoids (i hope I spelt that close to right) to pop the door open for you .. You push a Button on your alarm remote and your door pops open a little so you can swing it out and get in... And if your battery dies... your climbling through the trunk. !

Hope that helps

OK IF YOUR BATTERY IS DEAD U CANNOT TURN YOUR CAR ON
Old 05-09-2002, 08:10 PM   #17
slowEJ6

no but you can pop your hood and get a jump. w00t.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:01 PM   #18
gee

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
.. You push a Button on your alarm remote and your door pops open a little so you can swing it out and get in...

If I don't have remote keyless entry to begin with... what happens then? do i have to install that first, and then do the handle shaving? cuz once you shave the door handle, does that mean you also cover up the keyhole?

thanks,
gee
Old 05-09-2002, 10:17 PM   #19
insomniac_91

Quote:
Originally posted by FLAT_LINER

OK IF YOUR BATTERY IS DEAD U CANNOT TURN YOUR CAR ON
if you have a stick you can kick start it......

Gee as far as the remoteless key thing I don't know. But yes the keyholes won't be there...
Old 05-09-2002, 10:21 PM   #20
slowEJ6

you can move the keyholes to a different location - if you want.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:14 AM   #21
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by gee

If I don't have remote keyless entry to begin with... what happens then? do i have to install that first, and then do the handle shaving? cuz once you shave the door handle, does that mean you also cover up the keyhole?

thanks,
gee

you'll need to get door poppers installed before you shave your doorhandles/keyhole. you could also move the keyhole somewhere else as a back up plan, but it kinda seems like it'd be a lot of trouble and more money. just make sure you'll have a way to get in through the trunk JUST IN CASE something were to mess up with your door poppers. which makes me think... since i'm shaving both my doors and trunk, if something goes wrong...well...i'm screwed hehe
Old 05-10-2002, 10:49 AM   #22
H2OCivic95

Prepare for weird looks when you shave your doors, i get them all the time, sometimes people will follow me and ask how i get in! I got this sticker on the window that says "It's impolite to stare" for those people.
Old 05-10-2002, 03:28 PM   #23
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Uhhhhh......yup...hahaha...

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 06:53 PM   #24
heartbreakkid

wat would the cost for the door poppers and how much would it cost me if i want to shave all four doors on my sedan???
Old 05-11-2002, 07:25 PM   #25
Onyx
1st Gear

There is a discussion similar to this going on in the body mods forum someone is asking about losing batt power and I had an idea what do u all think about extending a batt connection to the under side of your car where you can connect jumper cables. This way you can pop your door. I am sure with a little ingenuity u could find a way to cover and secure them to keep them dry and from shorting together. it should be pretty easy the only problem I see is finding a place to locate them if your car sits real low
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 10:26 PM   #26
4jacks

Some car alarms offer the option of a back up battery, to keep the alarm blairing if it is broken into... A back up Battery for your door popping selonoids would be a cheaper easier method.

Happy Honda'ing