Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2002, 01:07 AM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

car starts only when it wants

my brother's 92 integra ls starts only when it wants. i mean he tries to crank the car, but it won't turn. my brother sais that it made like a click, but the starter won't turn. He and my dad replaced the starter and nothing happened. the battery was replaced too, and still won't turn, so they put the old parts in and the car started just fine, then after few tries it started doing the same thing again. i have't gotten a chance too look at it because i was on vacation. any ideas ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
crxpower

check the connection between your positive and negative battery terminals..... they're probably worned out and just needed some sanding......
Old 09-01-2002, 08:31 PM   #3
90'RS

I would check all the grounds on the car to make sure they are tight and if that's not it then I would check into your ignition system.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:21 AM   #4
crx swap

I would check the ignition too..mainly the ignition switch....my best friend had that same problem with his gf's 95 civic hb...we took the ignition switch out and sure enough it was wore out, after alot of brainstorming, we figured out why it wore out....his gf had alot of keys on her key ring..and from the vibration of driving and shit and the weight of the keys yanking down constantly....it just wore it out....with that info we contacted our "hookup" at a local honda dealship and they agreed that that actually does happen...so..maybe thats what happened in this situation...who knows...either way....it might have just worn out...don't necessarily need a ton of keys...that just speeds the process.....well theres my 2 cents.....ok maybe 10...
Old 09-06-2002, 02:03 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

actually i forgot to check back on this post. my dad told me that the terminals had some shitty stuff on them and they cleaned them up and i haven't heard of any trouble since

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote