.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2001, 12:37 PM   #1
94SiSQO

plz help - turbo muffler on N/A (future plans for FI)

hey guys i'm really sorry to keep bothering ya'll with this... i got the apexi N1 universal muffler (for N/A with 90mm and small ass canister). first impression when i saw it installed is that it looked too small. now i look everyday and now i wish i got the turbo version (the muffler that comes with the full catback) at least... or the whole catback instead but too late now.

i'm thinkin of takin it back , changing it for the turbo one (115mm tip and bigger canister), but one problem, it comes with an 80mm inlet.

would this cause any problems being welded onto my existing custom 2.25" catback piping?

what would be the affect on sound?

thanks guys
Old 09-15-2001, 04:25 PM   #2
Boosted3g

You could get a header reducer flange from Summit Racing and install it backwards. Then just use flanges and weld it all up. Piece of cake. As for sound I cannot say for sure but my guess will be that it will probably sound deeper.
Old 09-15-2001, 09:52 PM   #3
94SiSQO

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
You could get a header reducer flange from Summit Racing and install it backwards. Then just use flanges and weld it all up. Piece of cake. As for sound I cannot say for sure but my guess will be that it will probably sound deeper.

great thanks for that
will this cause any reduction in power? probably no difference?
Old 09-17-2001, 09:37 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 94SiSQO

great thanks for that
will this cause any reduction in power? probably no difference?

The turbo version has a smaller inlet? That sounds a bit backwards. Usually turbo exhausts are larger. But likely no power difference between 10mm.
Old 09-18-2001, 03:20 AM   #5
94SiSQO

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

The turbo version has a smaller inlet? That sounds a bit backwards. Usually turbo exhausts are larger. But likely no power difference between 10mm.

nono, the turbo has the bigger inlet. turbo version has an 80mm inlet (roughly 3") and the N/A version which i have is 60mm (which is roughyl 2.25").
someone told me about losing backpressure with the turbo muffler. will it make that much difference? i thought my 2.25" piping + resonator + cat is enough to keep enough backpressure?

thanks guys