::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #1
ASTS123

Del Sol

Is there any way i could mod my del sol so that the window in the back is slanted like a integra? I would really like it if i could make the back window slanted instead of the way it came.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:18 PM   #2
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Anything is possible with enough money so I'm sure it could be done. I'm also sure that it would cost you a small fortune to have the work done at a good bodyshop that would perform a quality transformation that would last. I think that's one thing better left alone unless you have tons of money to throw away. For the price of the swap you are asking about you could build a 300+ hp B16 and drop it in your sol.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:31 PM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
Anything is possible with enough money so I'm sure it could be done. I'm also sure that it would cost you a small fortune to have the work done at a good bodyshop that would perform a quality transformation that would last. I think that's one thing better left alone unless you have tons of money to throw away. For the price of the swap you are asking about you could build a 300+ hp B16 and drop it in your sol.

Yeah man that would be hella expensive....I don't think it would be worth it To be competely honest if your going to do something like that I would just get the transtop for the sol or build up an engine....or even a body kit..

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 02:33 PM   #4
ASTS123

i can afford a b18 so should i go with that or go with the b16? and what is a transtop?
Old 12-09-2002, 07:54 PM   #5
Sol's Eye

Transtop is like one of the coolest mods for the del sol. It was a factory option in the european del sols, I think. The CRX VTi. It is an automatic targa top retractor. It pops up the trunk and draws the targa top into its holder, then goes back into the trunk. it is really cool.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:30 PM   #6
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

The transtop is an awesome looking mod, but you better have the power to haul that sucker around. I believe it adds around 250 to 300 lbs to the weight of the car.

Oh and B16 or B18 no matter which one you choose you can extract good power. I personally have driven both and I like the B16 over the B18 any day. Plus the B16 is easier to swap into a sol since some sols came with them stock so you can get the correct halfshafts and mounts, trans equip. etc.. fairly easy with no guesswork.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:40 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
The transtop is an awesome looking mod, but you better have the power to haul that sucker around. I believe it adds around 250 to 300 lbs to the weight of the car.

Oh and B16 or B18 no matter which one you choose you can extract good power. I personally have driven both and I like the B16 over the B18 any day. Plus the B16 is easier to swap into a sol since some sols came with them stock so you can get the correct halfshafts and mounts, trans equip. etc.. fairly easy with no guesswork.

I can get a JDM b16a for $500..with wiring and ECU...no tranny though...and it's head gasket is leaking...so i might buy it and then work on it over winter

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote