::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2002, 05:23 PM   #1
InfamousCrx

Help Me.........

Does anyone know of a CrX forum or a site devoted strictly to Crx's?????If so let me know ....
Thanks,
Juan
Old 09-08-2002, 12:36 AM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Not really bro...I would just stay here....there is alot of knowledge here....I mean the CRX and Del Sol forums were seperate at one time.....but they are pretty much the same car. So we just merged them together....this will pick up....and be the BIGGEST..hopefully.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 10:57 AM   #3
InfamousCrx

Crx Forum.....

I hope it will....I just need help with technical aspects of my car and No one here really has CrX's so I mean they cant really help me...But I dont plan to go anywhere's I was just looking for the other forum to ask about My "Putting" Problem...
Thanks,
Juan
Old 09-08-2002, 12:08 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what problems do u have ? we had a CRX forum but it went down because the lack of traffic. we can always help. just ask

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 12:40 PM   #5
InfamousCrx

88 CrX

I have a puttin problem......I changed the spark plugs,wires,I Looked at the fuel filter yesterday but It didnt look to bad...
I dont know what else to do...The new plugs made my car not putt constantly but when U pull up too a stop sign or redlight it putt's and then when u go it putts but when u get it going and u let up off the gas it drives great I mean excellent...I just dont know anymore...
Lemme know what ya think...
Juan
Old 09-08-2002, 12:44 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm did u check the distributor rotor and the cap ? try cleaning up the fuel injectors. if everything fails it might be uneven compression in the cylinders, which sucks

Old 09-08-2002, 12:52 PM   #7
InfamousCrx

88 crx

O yea forgot to mention that i looked at the distributor cap its brand new so it cant be that....I dont know what the fuel injectors are or look like i took the housing off the carburator that says fuel injection i dont know if thats it...I dont know to much about foreign cars Im a chevy driver Gone Import....Any help i mean if u wanna explain to me what the Fuel injectors look like i would apreciate it alot...And the whole un even pressure in the cylinders My father inlaw said it could be something like that how would I fix it?I have a 1.5 4 banger...
Thanks alot guys I deff appreciate any help or suggestions you guys give me..
Juan
Old 09-08-2002, 01:00 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

if it is the uneven compression you could get a US engine restore formula, and pout it in when you change the oil, or you could tear the engine apart and hone the cylinder walls and add new rings to it. that's better, but also you will need to have the crank reground, new main and rod bearings, and have the rods balanced. as for the fuel injectors i'm not sure what system your car uses.

Old 09-08-2002, 02:26 PM   #9
crx swap

sounds like your MAF(mass air flow) sensor or IAC(idle air control) sensor...both will cause "puttin" problems....the only way to really tell if it is either of those two...is to go to a garage and have them run a diagnostics on your car.....good luck
Old 09-08-2002, 06:53 PM   #10
InfamousCrx

Puttin 88 CrX :(

That sux man....Im just gonna save up a lil money and take it to a garage....Thanks for everyones imput well taken..
Thanks,
Juan
Old 09-09-2002, 12:12 PM   #11
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Your car is carbeurated right?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 09-09-2002, 08:06 PM   #12
InfamousCrx

puttin 88 CrX

Yes it is Carburated.......Y whats up??????
Help
Old 09-11-2002, 02:22 AM   #13
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Well my girl friends 89 carburated honda accord did the same thing and it was her fuel pump.

Old 09-11-2002, 06:16 PM   #14
InfamousCrx

Puttin 88 CrX

OK well I went to autozone today and got my Fuel Filter Because someone said something about it maybe that...Well It wasnt It doesnt matter tho because my goal is to little by little replace every Peice on the motor and so on....Then I had my father In Law Look at it he said it sounds like The Carburator isnt rite..I dont know exactly what he said but basically he said it sounded like the carb is *Missing* I dont mean like gone I mean like a heart beat...LOL!How much am I looking at for a new Carburator and Does this sound at all possible I mean I dont wanna Change it Yet if its not possible I could use the money to fix what it is........Well thats the low down on the *Puttin 88 Crx* O yea And I get my Z3's this Week cant wait When I put em on if theres a way to put pics on here I will...
Later,
Juan
Old 09-11-2002, 07:49 PM   #15
crx swap

Sounds like nows a good time for a motor swap.....can i get a Second on that????
Old 09-12-2002, 12:40 AM   #16
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by crx swap
Sounds like nows a good time for a motor swap.....can i get a Second on that????
wo0t

Old 09-14-2002, 09:59 AM   #17
crxb16hybrid

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU PROBALLY HAVE A BAD FUEL PUMP OR IT COULD BE A VACUM SEAL ON YOUR TANK OR JUST BAD GAS...ITS REALLY HARD TO TELL WITH OUT A DIAGNOSTIC TEST....IF YOU NEED HELP WITHA REX I OWN ONE AND CAN HELP WITH MOST THINGS ...LIKE ONE PERSON SAID IT MIGHT BE TIME FOR A MOTOR SWAP...GOOD LUCK
ty
Old 09-14-2002, 03:24 PM   #18
InfamousCrx

Puttin But Looking Very Pretty 88 CrX

Yea man Im gonna try the fuel Pump....I found a parts car but the guy is never home....So for now I will keep saving for a fuel Pump...Then The Carburetor,then whatever else I Guess..
Later
Juan