::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2002, 09:58 PM   #1
TruHeel142

Hmmmmm?????

Just ur opinion, i'm at a point where I need to choose which route i'm gonna take with my car....I can't make up my mind, so what would u do to a 97 integra???
-h22a
-b18c1
-b18c5
-turbo my b18b1

and this would include considering the following:
a)which costs less(everything included)
b)which would be the easiest to fit
c)which would need the least money to maintain
d)which would give me the best performance

Pls help, I'm gonna do one of these things, i just don't know which will cost less, run better, fit easier, and cost less to maintain

PS: I know how much each engine by itself costs, but what about the other necessities???
Old 02-21-2002, 10:34 PM   #2
OneDopeTeg

b18b turbo....cheapest....most power....tuneable
Old 02-22-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
slowEJ6

turbo needs upgrade mods to other components of the engine....it could cost about the same price or perhaps a bit more after you have all the necessary electronics and tuning as an H22A swap....but would yield you more power. B18C1/C5 are worthless swaps for the car. if i were you id go turbo or H22A swap
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 09:21 PM   #4
OneDopeTeg

the B18C1 isnt a worthless swap....if ya threw that in and built it up for a turbo it would kick ass!
Old 02-23-2002, 01:13 AM   #5
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
the B18C1 isnt a worthless swap....if ya threw that in and built it up for a turbo it would kick ass!
for an integra, i dont see the GSR as being a worthwhile swap because the chassis can handle a prelude engine. turbo H22A would be sick. and the H22A is noticeably cheaper than the B18C1.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
turbo needs upgrade mods to other components of the engine....it could cost about the same price or perhaps a bit more after you have all the necessary electronics and tuning as an H22A swap....but would yield you more power. B18C1/C5 are worthless swaps for the car. if i were you id go turbo or H22A swap

Thats what i thought, basically. I won't be able to turbo my car anywayz till tax return time next year, so I don't have to worry about that yet. I'll probably change my mind about a 1000 times between then, so I'll just be set with intake and exhaust for now.
Old 02-23-2002, 10:27 PM   #7
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
for an integra, i dont see the GSR as being a worthwhile swap because the chassis can handle a prelude engine. turbo H22A would be sick. and the H22A is noticeably cheaper than the B18C1.

H22a turboed on a teg......we can all dream can't we? lol

That'd be a beast. Wow that could end up being close to 500 hp if ya do it right.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #8
Badcar22

no steven u are wrong if u put it in my car that would be a beast not your thats my idea if u steal my idea u will die punk
Old 02-24-2002, 08:37 PM   #9
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by Badcar22
no steven u are wrong if u put it in my car that would be a beast not your thats my idea if u steal my idea u will die punk

not ur idea, actually read above and you'll see its hybrid's i'm talkin bout
Old 02-25-2002, 02:05 PM   #10
Badcar22

it was still my idea about the h22a in my car so if u steal it u will die
Old 03-15-2002, 11:49 AM   #11
JaY D. Em

It really don't matter cause i'ma have a turbo'd h22a before ya'll! hahahaha
Old 03-15-2002, 11:52 AM   #12
JaY D. Em

nah but seriously, i have a friend that did the h22a swap in his integra (intelude) and ran 14.20's with a severely slipping clutch... With turbo you could hit that fairly easily there just comes the sleepless nights. Wondering everytime you take off in your car if you broke something. I know, i used to have a turbocharged 93 prelude si... It's alot of fun, the only thing is i didn't feel very secure. It's really up to you... Either way costs about the same. There's trade-off's with everyswap...