::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2002, 11:29 PM   #1
spoogenet

Need new tires: recommendations/reviews

I've got the stock 195/65/15 Michelin MXV4 tires on my ride right now. The only thing worse than their dry traction is their wet traction. They are expensive and well-rated, however all the people I've talked to around here who enjoy driving that own them hate them with a passion.

So I'm considering getting some Yokohama AVS ES100 wraps for my stock steelies in 205/60/15. These are supposed to be a UHP directional tire that will hopefully provide better performance than the MXV4 rubber bands that are around my beautiful non-custom steelies.

Any other recommendations for a reasonably priced tire that will deliver better than stock performance for dry, wet, and noise? I'm not as concerned about treadwear since I do hope to get some 18" with a drop eventually, but these need to hold up for a good 15-30k just in case.

b
Old 11-30-2002, 12:51 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i just got a set of dunlop GS2 HR. yeah they are rated at 130 mph and supposedly didn't go well in the snow. oh yeah ? i've been in snow 3" deep with them and never made the car go sliding.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:47 AM   #3
spoogenet

Not that anybody appears to care about this thread (but thanks anyways Stefan), I just ordered a set of AVS ES100's in 205/60/15 for my ride. Hopefully I'll like them. I'll post my comments after I get back from the holidays. I plan on driving home with them in a couple of weeks so it'll be 2k miles round trip.

b