Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
CivicSlug
1st Gear

Does anyone know about axles?

I've had quite alot of work done to my 97' SOHC motor I know its not a great motor for large hp gains, but I'm happy with it. List of mods to long to post, but I am sitting at 198whp @ 6psi. w/ JR supercharger. Still I know its not alot of hp, but what do you expect.

My question is; with this much hp, everyone says my axles will not hold up to the strain? Hearing this, and not wanting to hurt the car, I have never droped the clutch. This results in bad off the line starts. Is this true about my axles? What is a good brand to buy?

Keep in mind, I'm still doing mods for hp gains. By this fall I will be boosting 12psi., I don't know what my total whp will be after that.
CivicSlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:14 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

thats a WHOLE lot more whp than you should even be close to having w/ a jrsc @ 6psi.......Have you dyno'd this? Id like to see a graph, if youve got one. What other mods? Nevermind...it doesnt matter. Theres no way youre making that much unless youve got a big n2o shot. And at that point you can't claim it since its not average.

This is from jacksonracing.com. Their graphs are notorious for claiming more than what you will get....and its still way below your claim - by 50hp.
Im calling you out on this one.

BUT...Your stock axles will be fine. And if they break...they break, no big deal. Just get new ones from raxles.com if they do (but dont waste your money until they do)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:36 AM   #3
AzCivic

Liars make baby Jesus cry
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:21 AM   #4
Honda_Tengoku

i agree with pdiggs here. It sounds like u are seriously over exagerating the HP here. I personally have never been impressed with JRSC. Anyways on to your question. When u start making more power than what the axles were designed for then it comes down to shock to your drivetrain, as well as your traction. If u run on street tires u should be fine even at 12psi. If u decide to bolt on some slicks and boost it up to 12 PSI then I would start to worry a bit. As far as aftermarket axles go I have hasport/driveshaft shop axles in mine. I would reccomend them but I have had a horribly time getting good axles from them. I am on my 3rd set now in my H22A hatch. To be honest I am not happy with their axles, not to mention I have paid shipping back and forth 3 times now. Definately not cool. Anyways u might want to look at Avid axles. I have heard nothing but good things from them. Their stage 1 axles are good to 400 WHP (unlike driveshaft shops which are only good to 225WHP) and they will set u back about 350-400 dollars.