Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #1
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

2001 ex vs 2000 si

I been doing some research and I regret buying my 2001 honda civic ex coupe with 40k mileage for 9 gs.
I shouldve just went with the 2000 si. Does anyone know if I could get much for my car and get an si without spending more money?
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
JDMFantasy2k

reguardless you got a good deal on your ex. I paid $8900 for my 2000 ex w/32xxx. I suppose if you really want, get rid of it, otherwise go all out and swap it.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:06 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

from the condition of your car, regardless of mileage, you made a mistake.
It would have been wiser to buy an em1 si, yes. Any car in better shape wouldve been wiser...IMO.
I know Ive said that before.

People tend to ask more than what the em1 is worth because its concidered "rare". Which I guess is true, since they only made them for 2 years and limited quantities.

You may be able to get more than what you paid for your civic if you fix the problems for cheap and sell it to the right person.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
soundspeed

It may be hard to find an si with low miles but you may be able to find one. Just keep in mind that the car will have been driven hard so make sure the motor is in good condition. Hey Pdigg what's an em1 si?

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg

just the chassis code for 99-00 si
its less typing for me initially

technically...I shouldnt have to write "em1 si" since em1 is the only si 99-00 - like ej8 is the ony 96-00ex
Old 08-09-2004, 12:25 AM   #6
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

sorry pdigity, I may not be like you where you buy salvage title cars for 1 grand or so and fix it up like new. I definately got a good deal for my car. Speaking of problems, what problems are you talking about that will affect my cars price range? the shocks are ok buddy... are you possibly talking about the seat moving back and forth?
everytime u say something its always disagreeing or a negative opinion.... besides the car I bought was fully stock so Ill know the guy wasnt a racer or maybe even put something to force the engine. I dont know how you can say my car is in bad shape when you dont know half the car.
What I meant by making a mistake was I shouldve got a si because the stock si s have 33 more hp. EVerything else besides the power and dohc engine I like the 2001+ better because they look 100% times better.

THERE IS NO SHOCK PROBLEMS BECAUSE THE GUY SAID IT WAS ALL IN THE HEAD AND BESIDES MY BROTHER HAS A 2004 CIVIC LX AND HIS RIDE IS BUMPY AS HELL. I WAS TOLD THAT COUPES ARE MUCH BUMPIER THAN SEDANS

Last edited by Civic_RedLine : 08-09-2004 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:51 AM   #7
pdiggitydogg

1) youre always the one who complains about a problem
2) I never said buy a salvaged title car and fix it up...most insurance companies wouldnt even cover you
3) sedans are NOT more smooth riding than coupes...they have the exact same parts. My friend also has a 2k4 sedan and her mother owns a 2k3 coupe...both ride the same

Youre right that I always have a negative opinion - its because youre always making posts about "my car is broken here/there/everywhere and what cheap piece of crap should I buy to fix it?" Then when you find an honest piece of information from someone who knows what the hell theyre talking about, you say "no...I dont like that idea".

If all you like about the em1 si is the power just buy a damn motor swap and be done with it.
Jesus kid...what kind of answers were you looking for?? You want people to reassure you that you made a good choice in buying a civic that isnt all that great??? All you do is complain about it!

Forget it...there is no helping you. I dont know why Ive tried this long. It completely obvious that whenever you make a post about anything, youve already made up your mind on what to do before anyone posts a response.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:46 AM   #8
soundspeed

Good call pdigg, I've read all the responses you gave him to try and help him, but he always tries to find a cheap sollution, which may not even result in fixing the problem in the first place.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

your not the one who sits in the back. If you sit in back of a coupe and sit in the back of a sedan you can tell the difference.

most insurance wouldnt cover me. Too bad I got AAA that would cover me.

its not that easy going asking to trade car for car when I know mine is in good condition while I will never know what happend to the other. I found someone who was willing to trade but he has turbo etc. I want it most stock it can get.

Boo WHoo dont tell me I never went with your idea. I did get a catback cuz u told me too. And Ithanked you afterwards and you still made a negative opinion.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:52 PM   #10
IALuder

i feel hostility.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #11
AkimboStylee

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_RedLine

most insurance wouldnt cover me. Too bad I got AAA that would cover me.

last time i checked AAA wasn't an insurance company, and you cant even be a member of AAA if you dont insurance, just my .02
Old 08-09-2004, 06:01 PM   #12
pdiggitydogg

whatever dude
I didnt give you any negative crap about the catback...that you must have imagined.

forget it. Im not responding to any more of this...its childish. Hopefully the other members can offer you insight from this point forward - you will get no more help/insight/aid/comments/etc from me (depeding on how you look at that it can be good or bad)
Old 08-10-2004, 01:41 AM   #13
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

I have triple a as my insurance. I been with AAA for years now. They are very good, they will even pay for my accident if I was driving another car. My insurance is full coverage but I got like good student discounts so its cheaper + they give me 3 times of roadside assistance a month...
Old 08-10-2004, 02:48 AM   #14
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:54 PM   #15
cashizslick

Well, if i may put an end to this . . . Civic Redline, ur car sux and its slow so just drive it. BTW, my car also sux and is slow - and its faster than a Civic SI . . . . . . . go figure
Old 08-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #16
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

im sorry no disrespect or anything, but your car is ugly and wont last long.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:29 PM   #17
cashizslick

well, the body does have some minor rust on it, but in relation to your comment about being upset that you have a slow honda . . . . . we all have slow honda's.

BTW, mechanically my car should last a very long time - it has a JDM 99 Del Sol B16 motor.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:20 PM   #18
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

an engine that you dont know where it came from is never safe.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:50 PM   #19
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
mechanically my car should last a very long time - it has a JDM 99 Del Sol B16 motor.

Read my post (i know where my motor came from). For your info, the motor has 51,226 miles on it, i had the vin # checked.