::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2002, 09:05 AM   #1
Integra221

Ls/vtec

Some time in the next 6 mounths I am planing on going LS/Vtec with my 93 teg ls...I was wondering how i can get higher rpm's out of this hybrid without hurting my engine. Also if anyone knows what type of cam shafts and cam gears would be the best for a b16a head on an ls block. Also i am not to sure on how stroke ratios work or if they can be changed, however i do know that 174 is the ideal stroke ratio and my ls block is 154 so if there is any way to raise my r/s ratio could someone please help me out with this.

-Also if anyone has any good sites or information about ls/vtec in general please let me know

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-31-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
TruHeel142

Go over and ask our Hybrid guys, they'll know what to do with ya
Old 02-03-2002, 12:45 AM   #3
OneDopeTeg

you can easily run higer rpm's with the right kinda money Honda cranks are strong so thats fine to keep stock, you may want to upgrade the pistons and connecting rods....as far as cams for the B16A head I am a big fan of Crower cams but Toda cams and Jun cams are awesome choices but a bit pricey. You just gotta make sure that if you get some aggresive cams that they work in conjunction with the pistons you get in order to avoid piston to valve contact one thing to help that would be upgraded valve springs which are a must with the aggressive Toda's and Jun's as well as some of the Crower's. When choosing a cam gear dont go for anything with less than 4 adjusting screws/bolts....DC's or Skunk2's are good choices. Good luck!