.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2002, 08:22 AM   #1
solanog

Timing LX Accord 1990

How do I adjust the timing in my 1990 LX Accord? It says something about the blue connector under the dash. I found the connector but don't know what to do. What should be the idle speed for this adjustment? Can someone explain the whole procedure.

Thanks
solanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 08:38 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

normally the idle should be about 700-750 rpms with the iacv connected and 500-550rpm with the iacv valve disconected. you have to let the engine warm up to normal operating temperature (the fan come on at least once), then turn off the engine, short the 2 terminals in the blue conector. have all the power accesories off, start the engine, loosen the distributor so you can move it with the hand and with a timing light adjust it. it should be like a red line showing up where the timing should be. also the stock setting should be 15 degrees of advance.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 08:47 AM   #3
solanog

Thanks, I have a regular timing light (no degrees adjustment) I thing the flywheel has a 15 in it, doesn't it? Would it be a noticeable difference adjusting timing without shorting the connector, it has just two terminals, am I right? What is the IACV valve? Should the IACV be connected or disconnected if I disconnect it will I get and ECU code?
solanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 09:06 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yes you will have to have the IACV valve conected. if u disconect it the ecu will throw codes. if u don't short the terminals the ecu might try to adjust the timing if u over ajust it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote