.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2002, 11:27 AM   #41
Dosferatu

OK...Can you check out this ebay link and let me know what you think about this intake? I know it's cheap. But can I put it in my car on a trial basis to see what the impact is without causing any damage?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...666987&r=0&t=0
Old 03-05-2002, 12:51 PM   #42
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

That intake is fine for a generic under hood intake, but I'd go with a cold air intake (sucks air from bumper) if I were you.

To answer your questions, I think you lose somewhere between 10-15% power through the drivetrain, leaving you with approx. 125 to the wheels.

You absolutely will not see 10 hp per mod. I think I am very close with the 10-15 hp for all three of those things. Just so you know, when people go get their cars dynoed to see how much hp they are pushing, the number is always to the wheels. So in general, people are talking about hp to the wheels.

You will notice a little difference, and your car will sound very nice, but that's about it. I'd still do it if you don't have plans to ever swap though.

Also, you'd be doing well to see a 5 hp increase after swapping your header, so go with the I/E first and see how you like them.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:01 PM   #43
Dosferatu

Thanx for the advice 94_AcCoRd_EX.

I just want to use the cheap air intake to "test" the results. If I'm happy, I'll get the AEM cold air intake. Can you recommend any specific exhaust mods that I could get done? I actually would prefer something that doesn't make a whole lot of noise.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:06 PM   #44
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Exhuast: If you don't want to make a lot of noise, get an Apex'i WS or at Thermal R&D stealth, both cat-backs.

Intake: I'd save a little bit of money and do it right the first time. AT www.groupbuycenter.com you can get a new AEM CAI shipped for around $170. That's better than first wasing $50 on a no-name CAI IMO. If you don't want to do that, just get some generic CAI off of e-bay I guess.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote