::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
ShEaNy

Ignition

K Over this winter i want to upgrade my ignition..cause i want to run nitious soon..and i just want a little bit more power (i know its not Much at all) but it all goes together right:P i dont know what to buy..i looked at Nology but they dont have anything for my year...I have taylor wires right now but thats it..i was thinking getting the external coil..maybe newer better wires..plugs..maybe one of those amp boxes that controls it all...MSd makes good ones? what names should i go with and what EXactly should i buy? i want it allll
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The MSD stuff is kind of spotty...unless you get the digital systems. I've gone through 2 6A boxes in as many years simply because the analog boxes can't handle heat very well. The best solution is to splice the wires longer and mount it in the cabin. MSD actually has a digital setup for imports/sport compacts...the Digital 6 SCI. You'll have to figure out which wire operates the tach (if you have one) since the tach should be hooked into your factory ICM and won't work if you don't cut the tach wire out of the harness and connect it to the MSD box's tach output. A pain in the ass...but it's worth it. I'm not sure how the digital stuff handles rev limiter, spark retard, etc., but MSD has always had an amazing online library of tech info.

Hmmm...so I caved into curiosity and checked the box out. Apparently it has a holeshot rev limiter built in and even a spark retard for nitrous use. So apparently it looks pretty sweet.

http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/pn6350.pdf
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:24 PM   #3
ShEaNy

sweet...ill check it out..thanks
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:37 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

msd is good enough. i had the 6a on my car and never had a problem. also the box was installed in the engine compartment.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote