::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2002, 07:10 PM   #1
Who Needs VTEC?

Power...

Ok, I know this is going to be a tough question to answer, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate. SO, here it goes. I have a 91 Ex (130 hp stock). I have put an AEM CAI on it and it had just a 5" muffler on it when i bought it. Here's the hard part. Im planning to add: Venom 400, Crane Ignition with Coil and plug wires, Denso plugs, UR underdrive pulley kit, an AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel pressure regulator, high-flow fuel pump, and larger fuel injectors. How much hp do you think I'll be pushing after these mods are done? Any response is welcome. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

First of all, Welcome to HS

The power estimate will be a rough one...

Before you do any of the fuel mods, make sure you either have custom 2-1/4" piping to your muffler, or get a full cat-back system. Also, I'd get a good header. Now your airflow should be doing better.

If you're dying to spend all of that cash on the fuel delivery system, AEM makes good components, but I'm not sure you'll need all of that (anyone else want to comment?)

Have you ever conisdered an H22A engine swap instead of dumping all of this money on your current engine?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
Who Needs VTEC?

Yeah, I can't really afford an H22 right now. I work doing fast food and I'm 30k in debt because of school so I cant charge one. The mods are really all i can afford right now. And on the the Fuel compnents what would I need? Is all of that necessary? And is there much difference between buying a muffler and getting custom exhaust built and just shelling out the cash for DC catback?
Old 02-15-2002, 08:49 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Well, since you're on a limited budget, like the rest of us , I'd start with the basics.

So do you have custom piping to your muffler, or is it just a muffler stuck on stock piping? If you like the muffler you have, go down to Midas and have them put on 2.25" piping for a few bucks; make sure its mandrel bent.

Next, I'd buy a high-flow cat, and stick that in, along with a new header.

Those will cost you a few bucks, so get those put on, and see if you like way things are going. You might decide that it is a deadend road to mod your F22 and you'll want to save up for an H22A.

Old 02-15-2002, 08:53 PM   #5
Maxvla

none of my business but it doesnt seem like you can afford to do anything...
dont yell at me.. just my $.02.

though rough estimate stock 130 modded to say 150-170. i know thats not very specific but those parts all change hp differently with different parts so its very very hard to be accurate. i do know you'd get at least 150 from all that. if your lucky 170.

>>Later>>
Old 02-15-2002, 09:35 PM   #6
Smitty90acc

You might dyno 130 hp, which would be a decent increase from the 112-120 that most 4th gen F22's pull.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:06 PM   #7
Maxvla

at the engine the 4th gen ex's have 130 stock.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:31 AM   #8
Who Needs VTEC?

The guy before me just put a muffler on it... no piping or anything. So, should I go ahead and get the full exhaust before all of the other stuff?

And the only reason i have this amount of cash is income taxes.

Oh, and was there much difference between a DC catback and custom piping with a good muffler?
Old 02-16-2002, 01:05 AM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Who Needs VTEC?
The guy before me just put a muffler on it... no piping or anything. So, should I go ahead and get the full exhaust before all of the other stuff?

And the only reason i have this amount of cash is income taxes.

Oh, and was there much difference between a DC catback and custom piping with a good muffler?

Yes, I'd get the custom piping since money is an issue, and you won't see much of a power difference between that and the DC.

Just some friendly advice though... if you're really 30k in debt, spend the money getting out of debt... your Accord won't get "fast" with the mods you listed.

Old 02-16-2002, 01:47 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i really don't know what to say to u but the accords are heavy ass cars. their engine is was never meant to be fats but it more for fuel economy since is a family sedan. Plus no matter the mods the tranny is gonna hold you back. it was geared for fuel economy too. Want the most power for the buck ? TURBO

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 03:16 PM   #11
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Ya dude, really you should pay off your debts first..

Try to realize how much you are losing..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 06:41 PM   #12
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
Try to realize how much you are losing..

Yeah, remember that the money put into modding your car is pretty much lost, as you won't get that back when you sell it.

Old 02-16-2002, 09:45 PM   #13
Maxvla

someone else who shares my opinion... nice to see.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:55 AM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

Yeah, remember that the money put into modding your car is pretty much lost, as you won't get that back when you sell it.

why would you sell a car that you already put yopur soul into it. IMO modding is something for you, and not to bring any gains. just my $0.02

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 02:30 AM   #15
Maxvla

we're just saying that if we were 30,000 in debt... modding our cars wouldnt be the first thing on the list to pay for.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:35 PM   #16
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
we're just saying that if we were 30,000 in debt... modding our cars wouldnt be the first thing on the list to pay for.

Exactly...

But if you are set on spending on your car, we are here to help!

Old 02-17-2002, 07:54 PM   #17
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

When I said that, I meant it in 2 ways.. One was mentionned above..

The other, is the interest you're paying on your loan.. I'm studying in finances.. Its all about numbers for me..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 11:02 PM   #18
Who Needs VTEC?

OK, quick explanation. I am 30k in debt from school. I don't have to start paying it back until another two years from now. Well, the board has discouraged me from building my current motor, and i can't afford an H22 or a turbo. Shit, I guess 'll just mess with the looks. Thanks for the feddback anyways.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:35 PM   #19
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

We don't mean to discourage you, but it really is a waste of money to do too much to the stock Accord motor. Just finish up the I/H/E, and you should be pretty happy with your setup. Then you can do some stuff to make it look nice.

Old 02-18-2002, 11:41 PM   #20
Maxvla

what about putting that money in a savings account so when you do start paying you can pull out a nice wad to start paying it down?
btw... we dont mean to discourage you we just want you to consider your options more carefully. its very easy to say "I have money in my pocket! Lets mod the car!!" its hard to realize you need to save it. i am in the same boat right now though my debt is only about 800 bucks so far (college freshman) which i wont start paying on for several more years.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:11 AM   #21
Who Needs VTEC?

Yeah, well im glad that you said what you said. It opened my eyes to the truth. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:13 PM   #22
onebad90accord

i agree, I love my accord , but I do pay all of my bills before i go out and get parts for the car i am doin all body which is cheeper until i get enough saved up for the h22a swap!! next year for tax returns i found a chep deal for 2,600 it comes with the axels and everything cause i have an auto...soon to be manual