::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2002, 08:32 AM   #1
MacRulzMan

Suggestions for 1993 Accord LX

I've just moved up from my 1983 S-10 Blazer into a 1993 Accord LX that's beeen babied and has about 90,000 miles. I'm open to suggestions as to anything I could do to the car in general. Anything exterior would need to be classy looking, and installing a mod that will shred my engine in 10,000 miles is not an option . Any suggestions are welcome
Old 02-02-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well how far do u want to go with modding the car ? What exactly is your goal ? for the engine i would say go I/H/E. for the looks get some clear corner lights, clear bumper lights, red/clear tails, some hondastyle stickers

welcome to HS bud. Hope you will stay here for a while

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 10:36 AM   #3
MacRulzMan

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
well how far do u want to go with modding the car ? What exactly is your goal ? for the engine i would say go I/H/E. for the looks get some clear corner lights, clear bumper lights, red/clear tails, some hondastyle stickers

welcome to HS bud. Hope you will stay here for a while

Well, I'm on a somewhat limited budget, so anything astronomically expensive is out of the question. I'm not a big fan of decals in general, but perhaps a hondastyle sticker could be an exception

Seriously though, I would like to get a little better performance out of it than I currently get from the V6 in it. I don't plan to race it, but I would like to be able to put the pedal to the floor and get a rush Exterior mods like clear headlights are OK, I like them. Is there a good place on the 'net to shop for such things?
Old 02-02-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by MacRulzMan

Well, I'm on a somewhat limited budget, so anything astronomically expensive is out of the question. I'm not a big fan of decals in general, but perhaps a hondastyle sticker could be an exception

Seriously though, I would like to get a little better performance out of it than I currently get from the V6 in it. I don't plan to race it, but I would like to be able to put the pedal to the floor and get a rush Exterior mods like clear headlights are OK, I like them. Is there a good place on the 'net to shop for such things?

wow do u have a v6 in a 4th generation ? I don't think they made a 4th generation with a v6. You have a f22a1 engine (the same that i have which makes 125 hp and some 140 ft-lbs of torque not sure about torque thou)

As for the limited budget the i/h/e will be enough, from the header itself you will get 15 hp, then exhaust up to 9 hp, and up to 8 hp from the cold air intake.
here are some links that you my wanna look at:
www.groupbuycenter.com and tell them hondamaniac sent you
www.priceindex.net
www.coximports.com

Also try www.ebay.com for stuff.

Old 02-02-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
MacRulzMan

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
[b]

wow do u have a v6 in a 4th generation ? I don't think they made a 4th generation with a v6. You have a f22a1 engine (the same that i have which makes 125 hp and some 140 ft-lbs of torque not sure about torque thou)

Actually, I don't know why I thought it was a 6. I just went outside and looked at it and it's a 4. Do you happen to know the specs for that?
Old 02-02-2002, 02:15 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

Actually, I don't know why I thought it was a 6. I just went outside and looked at it and it's a 4. Do you happen to know the specs for that?

yep.

it's a 2.2 liter engine (2156 cc) non-vtec
125 hp
140 ft-lbs of torque
it's made mostly for gas economy, very long lasting (i saw cars with 215kmiles on board, and 320 k miles) What else do u wnat to know ?

Old 02-02-2002, 03:53 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

You could also add 17" rims.. A mild to moderate bodykit.. And lower the car.. Like hondaman said, replacing all the yellow lens with clear will do you a lot of good.

is it an auto or stick?
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 04:17 PM   #8
MacRulzMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
You could also add 17" rims.. A mild to moderate bodykit.. And lower the car.. Like hondaman said, replacing all the yellow lens with clear will do you a lot of good.

is it an auto or stick?

It's auto, though stick would be nice. How much do the lenses (assuming I want to replace all of them) and the things you suggested run, do you think?
Old 02-02-2002, 04:40 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

It's auto, though stick would be nice. How much do the lenses (assuming I want to replace all of them) and the things you suggested run, do you think?

front bumper lenses mostly $25 www.ebay.com , www.procarparts.com , www.autodynamic.com .

Corner lenses $25 same sites as above

red clear tails tops 200 same sites

bodykits i really don't know and it depends

Rims you are looking at $800-1200 from any site on the net

AEM CAI $180-240

Headers $150-400 most of the sites. prices depend on brand

Exhaust $250-650

Also i suggest energy suspension motormount insert kits from www.summitracing.com . it will eliminate wheel hop and prolong the life of your exhaust. I could explain this now but i gotta go to work. I'll post it later.

Old 02-02-2002, 06:35 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I got my clears+bumper lenses for $35 total, and my red/clears on ebay for around $50 shipped FYI.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #11
synical_accord

u from charlotte too? where are you at?
Old 02-03-2002, 10:17 PM   #12
MacRulzMan

I'm in northern Charlotte, near Metrolina Expo and about 15 minutes southwest of the speedway.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:02 PM   #13
baby91

hey-- im from jersey and i have a 91 accord EX -- i have the biggest engine that the 4th generation came out with -- its not a v6 yet its not ur regular 4 cyl. === it is a 4 cylinder but its got a bigger engine which makes it more powerful then ur regular 4 cyl. -- power of a 2.0 or 2.2 i think

i added an intake and put a full header to exahust system on it --- it helped it a lot - made it peppier --- but it will cost u maybe $1000 at the most or less with just like universal upgrades - if u go for dc sports parts expect to pay a lot more than that.

but its a great little car

have fun with it -- if u have any questions feel free to ask me.... and if u wanna check out my car its on the spotlight feature on the opening page of hondastyle.com ---- click more specs to see what i have done. if u dont see it there then just go to members and look for my member name and ull find my car

another upgrade i did was strut bars (front and back) that helped a bit with controlling and handling

but enjoy the car -- i have 118,000 miles on it and its in perfect condition -- thats only cuz i fix everything that goes wrong with and put tons of money into it -- but its worth it cuz it will be a show car when im done down the road!

christine
Old 02-05-2002, 02:26 PM   #14
synical_accord

anyway............im in the univercity. glad another accorder is in the hood, get me. tired of these little civics and celicas thinking that the rule the show. ..............Christine............do you have some thing you would like to tell us? for the USDM 4th gen accord only one, count them one, displacement was put out. 2.2l
the were however the two different head types, the a1 and the a4. the a1 comming in both the dx and the lx and the a4 coming in the ex. i know i have one. Please remember to check your info before posting. especially to someone who is new to the import game. Just a thought though. thanks for the time to vent!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:26 PM   #15
baby91

ok well dont take ur ventin out on me -- so i dont know the right wording for engine types and stuff -- yes i have the a4 -- so i named it something else by accident -- my bad!!!! ok well i knew my info but i didnt know the right terms for it -- SUE ME!!

and next time u wanna vent -- vent to someone else about their wording!!

sorry but i just found what u said rude

christine
Old 02-05-2002, 10:44 PM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by synical_accord
anyway............im in the univercity. glad another accorder is in the hood, get me. tired of these little civics and celicas thinking that the rule the show. ..............Christine............do you have some thing you would like to tell us? for the USDM 4th gen accord only one, count them one, displacement was put out. 2.2l
the were however the two different head types, the a1 and the a4. the a1 comming in both the dx and the lx and the a4 coming in the ex. i know i have one. Please remember to check your info before posting. especially to someone who is new to the import game. Just a thought though. thanks for the time to vent!

ok it looks like you are out of it too. there are 3 engines for the 4th generation accord. All of them are f22, they say it's 2.2 liters, in fact it's 2156 cc that 2.156 l

the F22A1 came in all the DX and LX trim models (125 hp)
the F22A4 came in the EX models for 90 and 91 (130-135 hp)
the F22A6 came in the EX and SE models for 92 and 93. (there is no SE model for 92 ) (140 hp)

also the F22A6 variant came in the 4th generation preludes

Note: the biggest loss of the A1 variant is the use of a die cast manifold instead of a welded header.

Old 02-06-2002, 12:44 AM   #17
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice job clearing that up hondaman

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 01:20 PM   #18
synical_accord

true, i humblely stand corrected. you were correct i forgot about the a6 in the later generation.(i.e.- the 92-93). i was just basing it on the 91's. my apologies to all who were involved.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:09 PM   #19
baby91

Quote:
Originally posted by synical_accord
true, i humblely stand corrected. you were correct i forgot about the a6 in the later generation.(i.e.- the 92-93). i was just basing it on the 91's. my apologies to all who were involved.

apology accepted i didnt really care about the info that was talked about -- it just bothered me the tone i got from reading it and how u were ventin at me towards something really trivial- i knew what i was talking about i just didnt know the correct names of things
thank u
christine
Old 02-07-2002, 05:10 PM   #20
MacRulzMan

Can anyone recommend a good body kit for the 93 accord? I'd like a body kit, some aztecca (or whatever) lights, and some rims.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:34 PM   #21
baby91

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good body kit for the 93 accord? I'd like a body kit, some aztecca (or whatever) lights, and some rims.

either extreme or black widow looks good on the car, rims and it depends on ur preference
Old 02-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

the lights are called altezza, but they are ugly (that's my opinion) unless you have the 1st generation and they are cf on a black car. as for the bodikit i don't know too much. i like to go more for cornering than anything else.

Old 02-11-2002, 07:34 PM   #23
JudoAnt
1st Gear

Sorry to be off the subject

Sorry not to post anything about the question but, I have to commend this web-site and the people who write here.

I noticed when I look for answeres on other message boards people start to fight and act like little kids, and people seem to think that the know it all.

I really commend you guys on appologizing to each other. And remembering why these board exist. To Learn!!!
JudoAnt is offline   Reply With Quote