Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2001, 11:34 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Will 235/45/17 fit ?

i saw this tires on a beemer and i was wondering if the same size will fit my accord. I know i won't have any issues with the rear, but i'm worried about the front. Also what width should the rim be ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 07:52 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Why would you want to do that??

It'll be sticking out.
& it'll put tremendous stress on your power steering..

You just want 235 for the way it looks?
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 10:29 AM   #3
urbanlegend21

you cannot do that without spacers and extended studs. Plus the width would look funny as shit. Yes you would have aproblem in the rear. I can fit 225's on my Accord with Kosei K1 wheels but not anything bigger. Plus that is going to slow your car down so much more than you can ever imagine, added weight plus wheel size means more power to turn the wheel. That means more wear on your cluthc and transmission. Very bad idea all around.
Old 12-14-2001, 03:25 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Besides not fitting well or at all, it would extremely funny and would slow you down. Stick with standard sizes and you'll be much happier.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 02:36 AM   #5
azn_nite_ryder

you will for sure rub..... 225 45 series wont even fit at all....even with a 1.5" drop it will still rub.. trust me on this one... i've seen it with my eyes..... definite no no..... best bet is 215-40-17 or 215-45-17.....
Old 12-16-2001, 08:08 AM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Ditto.

You should go with the sizes specified by azn_nite_ryder..

Old 12-17-2001, 12:00 AM   #7
azn_nite_ryder

actually im gonna add something else i forgot to mention....it is possible to put those sizes on... *BUT* the only way that will be looking normal is *IF* you have a wide bodykit or fenderflares on the cars... that way they wont rub at all..... but then aain you're looking at $$$$$$..... but for stock sizing then 215 is max you wanna go....

so answer to your question is yes but only if the body is modified to take it....

Hope that helped:P
Old 12-17-2001, 01:58 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ok i think i'll stick with my z-racing 14" then

Old 12-17-2001, 08:34 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

14's huh?!

Why not still go with 17's?

215/40/17 is a problem for you to get??

Old 12-17-2001, 10:32 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
14's huh?!

Why not still go with 17's?

215/40/17 is a problem for you to get??

Yeah, just get these instead and they will be way better than 14s...

Old 12-17-2001, 11:32 PM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well 17" are too much for me. Not for me but the roads here.... it will mess upo my suspension. i think it will be cool and safe with 16" tops.

Old 12-18-2001, 02:43 AM   #12
azn_nite_ryder

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
well 17" are too much for me. Not for me but the roads here.... it will mess upo my suspension. i think it will be cool and safe with 16" tops.

16's will be too small.. i hope you have coilovers cuz the gap is gonna be huge.... if the tire is what your concerned about hitting the roads... get the 45 series... you wont have problems... just dont hit ne thing at like 100 KPH / 55MPH
Old 12-18-2001, 07:06 AM   #13
urbanlegend21

Quote:
16's will be too small.. i hope you have coilovers cuz the gap is gonna be huge.... if the tire is what your concerned about hitting the roads... get the 45 series... you wont have problems... just dont hit ne thing at like 100 KPH / 55MPH

I think you guys are very lost.............
Old 12-18-2001, 01:32 PM   #14
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

C'mon urbanlegend21 be nice!!

It's not that we're very lost, we just like to look good.

If hondaman-iac isnt racing or anything he'll be fine with 215/45/17.. We have shitty roads over here (cause of winter), thats why I went for the extra rubber..

Havent had any problems.

Old 12-18-2001, 02:13 PM   #15
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

If hondaman-iac isnt racing or anything he'll be fine with 215/45/17.. We have shitty roads over here (cause of winter), thats why I went for the extra rubber..

That's probably what I'll end up with too (when I do get wheels). The roads here are really bad, and I need the extra protection. With 45 series rubber, I don't worry about having 17s though. 16s look way to small on an Accord IMHO.

Old 12-18-2001, 02:58 PM   #16
azn_nite_ryder

Quote:
Originally posted by urbanlegend21

I think you guys are very lost.............

And explain to me why we are lost????
as far as im concerned... everything that was said on here by everyone is pretty accurate.. so pls prove us wrong...
Old 12-18-2001, 03:42 PM   #17
urbanlegend21

I was speaking of the logic behind the tire width size I guess, didn't mean to come off as a dickheaded statement. The comment was made that wider tires wouldn't not fit without a body kit or fender flares. That didn't make any sense.
Also in the snow tire patch means very little. In the rain and on the street wider is better, but too wide is bad. 225 is the max size I would go for an Accord, but without the right offset they will rub. Saying 16" are too small for the Accord is kind of a biased statement also. Why would Honda put 15" wheels on the car if it looked so shitty? I understand it looks better in the show car sense but is somewhat impractical in the efficency sense. I would get into explaining rotational mass and accelleration but it doesn't matter at this point.
14" wheels=acceleration but gear runs out to quick for street and highway
15" wheels= optimal for stock transmission's becuase it allows for optimal torque through the gears and enough gearing to be efficent on the highway
16" + wheels= the larger you get the longer the gearing and slower the accelleration, non-efficent
you also need to be aware of things like performance rating and treadwear ratings if you are an aggressive driver, plus how much braking do you do? braking wears tires as much as everyday driving.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:10 AM   #18
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

That's probably what I'll end up with too (when I do get wheels). The roads here are really bad, and I need the extra protection. With 45 series rubber, I don't worry about having 17s though. 16s look way to small on an Accord IMHO.

Ditto..

If you maintain a high high pressure in the tire, you'll be more than fine..

Old 12-19-2001, 09:22 AM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

Havent had any problems.

ok i race only grocery getters Usualyy i don't race iunless they blow me with ricer fly bys, or rev up at me with a pice of shit car. I really like to keep up the honda name.

Old 12-19-2001, 12:50 PM   #20
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:

ok i race only grocery getters Usualyy i don't race iunless they blow me with ricer fly bys, or rev up at me with a pice of shit car. I really like to keep up the honda name.

Lol

that I understand.. SO if your car is on grocery duties, & if you're planning on getting mages, 215/45/17 is the coolest/safest.

Old 12-19-2001, 02:16 PM   #21
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

Lol

that I understand.. SO if your car is on grocery duties, & if you're planning on getting mages, 215/45/17 is the coolest/safest.

no no no no... my car is not on grocery duties. My car is mostly like a SUFS (sport utility family sedan). You should see her offroading. She gives class to those Exploders, and Grand Cherokees :P

Old 12-19-2001, 05:40 PM   #22
azn_nite_ryder

Quote:
Originally posted by urbanlegend21
I was speaking of the logic behind the tire width size I guess, didn't mean to come off as a dickheaded statement. The comment was made that wider tires wouldn't not fit without a body kit or fender flares. That didn't make any sense.

Why would Honda put 15" wheels on the car if it looked so shitty?
14" wheels=acceleration but gear runs out to quick for street and highway
15" wheels= optimal for stock transmission's becuase it allows for optimal torque through the gears and enough gearing to be efficent on the highway
16" + wheels= the larger you get the longer the gearing and slower the accelleration, non-efficent

just to clear up what i meant about having a widebody kit or fender flares was that you can/should go wider like (for example 275) to make up the added space..... granted tho if you were to add those widths successfully it wouldnt look rite... so i said that unless you had a wide bodykit of flares then it wouldnt look rite... besides that you would rub....

As to why honda wold put on 14-15's on the car... well first off...yes it is more economical.. but what you have to remember... these are the sizes that majority of car owners have..plus the availability of those sizes are much more affordable..... do they look ugly?? yes they do.. but it serves it purpose... theres more stuff to write but im just lazy rite now...

now to speak realistically.. when people talk about losing speed and efficiency.. its becomes so minute... speed wise you lose what.. a couple hundreds of a second?!? its not everyday that let alone at all, drag racing the car as a job.... so yes you do lose it... but does it make a difference between nite and day?? no it doesnt.... it gives you more of an excuse to up the power under the hood.... more bottom end power to get those bad boys goin

All in all.... he just asked if those tires would fit.... its a yes and no answer... simple as that..... dont get me wrong here... im not bashing on you at all or think that your a d!ckhead... im just merely explaining the reasoning behind wheel/tire sizing.... you may have different preference as to what you like on your ride... and everyones different... but if someone asks a question about it, then they will get different answers from all the other members... some may agree and some not.... but thats just the way the ball rolls..... Just wanted to give my personal 2 cents as to his question....

Like i said.. its all good between us.... i was never flaming on ya..:P :P
Old 12-19-2001, 08:55 PM   #23
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:

no no no no... my car is not on grocery duties. My car is mostly like a SUFS (sport utility family sedan). You should see her offroading. She gives class to those Exploders, and Grand Cherokees :P

SUFS..

you had me thinking for a second!!

:o