Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
Fawkes

Track or the Street

Hey all,

Recently my friend had jus finished working on his car (rx7 twin turbo) he finally had finished all the modz he wanted and went out racing one night. Well he left with a grand and came back in a cab, he raced a guy who had friends with him and beat him up after the race. What happend was they started off side by side while some one counted down. Well the guy he was racing jumped the gun and my friend went after him, since my friend raced after him they said he lost, little did he know that half the people watching were friends with the guy he raced against. They broke all the windows on the car tore off his wing dinted his body kit all to hell and popped his tires after beating in his rimz then beat him down and took all his money. Ever since then i had to question street racing and i think ill more than likely keep it on the track. People like that give bad names to anyone who rides the streets in a car that gets attention, i dont understand it. Thats why its so hard to try and race anywhere but the track, cops have to worry about shit like this from ass hole people. Its just not right...
Old 03-03-2003, 09:59 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah that's not right, that's one of the reasons you keep it on the track. this will go better in OT

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:12 PM   #3
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Christ, I need to carry a gat.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:18 PM   #4
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
Christ, I need to carry a gat.

JESUS MAN, im at a loss for words here, i agree with teriyaki.

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 05:56 PM   #5
Wren57

man, that sucks... I can't believe something like that would happen!
good to hear your friend made it out with his life. Will insurance cover the car?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:28 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im at a loss of words, i wana say thats what happens when you street race, but thats so ****ed up that his car got all ****ed up. its sad that i feel someone could have or will die in this instance, because people will take shit too far. i will not street race, and even if i did, i would never go to a street race meet up thingy like that. its things like this that make me want to get out of the car scene all together.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 06:30 PM   #7
ShEaNy

that sucks bad...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 09:11 PM   #8
RU_Teg

damn that really sucks...shouldnt go street racing by urself...
Old 03-04-2003, 09:30 PM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg
damn that really sucks...shouldnt go street racing by urself...

you just shouldnt street race. its hard to feel bad for people who street race. i only feel bad for this guy cause he was robbed. if he wrecked his car, well.. i would have said thats what he gets

Old 03-04-2003, 09:41 PM   #10
Leets
2nd Gear

ya, it's gotten pretty f*cked up... like whatever happened to people who could handle losing with dignity?
Old 03-05-2003, 03:27 PM   #11
Fawkes

I just wish everyone would race to see who can tune the best. I mean i wish that was all it was left up to and after a race you can swap ideas or help, and pat on the back and go on to the next race. Has anyone here every been chased by the cops?
Old 03-05-2003, 04:27 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawkes
I just wish everyone would race to see who can tune the best. I mean i wish that was all it was left up to and after a race you can swap ideas or help, and pat on the back and go on to the next race. Has anyone here every been chased by the cops?

do NOT run from the cops. they can track you down. i know a cop on another board, and he's told us about cars trying to run, and the amount of trouble they get in for doing it. your better off pulling over and cooperating. not to mention the peoples lives you put in danger by running

Old 03-08-2003, 05:37 AM   #13
Zanza

I will get crap thrown at me for this, but I prefer street. I don't go to the whole huge meet up things, just late, late, late, late at night if someone happens to want to race me I race them. I don't go looking for races, and I don't do anything to make them think I want to race.

Although I'm pretty safe about it, I only race in areas that I'm very, very familiar with plus if theres any other cars then I guess I'm not racing and I'll accept the defeat by the other guy.

I'm mean the odds are as long as its a random race you won't be caught, its a what 17 second race at its worst whereas a big ole' event like that is a hell of a long time. I just do it for fun, not for money or anything.

Imo its like sex with a condom, hell of a lot safer and smarter but just doesn't feel right.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:40 AM   #14
Zanza

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawkes

I just heard a story from friends. They were driving on the street, speeding, cop started to come over to their lane, they jumped on freeway when they saw him. Supposedly he has a just about everything done to the engine bay Del Sol and we'll somewhere at 140-160 all they could see is some light in the background.

Running is stupid, but at last in California a cop can't chase you if your driving too recklessly to escape. Usually after 100 or so they back off and try to get a heli in, if your gone before that then hey. If you were close enough for the little camera to see your plates then enjoy them knocking on your door two days later.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:45 AM   #15
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Unfortunately i agree with zanza on the street thing, runs at the track for me are far and few between, (funny i should type this today when im going to the track in like 30 minutes). and to satesfy (sp?) the urge i usually end up just scoping out the 25 light and doing a little 0-100 run there. ever since ive been racing at the 25 light (light then pure highway) i HAVENT gotten a ticket, if you choose a prescoped place, race with no traffic, and shut it down at a reasonable speed (LOL) then chances are you really arent gonna get caught, before racing there and scoping it out i actually had over 12 tickets prior and 3 times over 100mph.

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #16
oc civic

been street racing for year and a half been going to them for years.. seen ONE fight ever... between two drunk girls... so i guess its all about where you are doing it and who you are doing it with..
Old 03-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #17
Shot 2 Hel

ill do the random race every now and then, and i always Lose oh well must be time for a new car, eh?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:48 PM   #18
keystone

I would highly suggest not having a gun with you, cops get kind of poopy when you have a firearm when they pull you over. A CO2(carbon dioxide) fire extinguisher works wonders as a self-defence tool, spray that shit in an attackers face and you will be amazed with what happens. I learned this once when I was in Denver, Co and some one tried to jack my truck, my fire extinguisher was the only thing I could get my hands on, and it saved me and my truck.
But I think races should be held at the track, but I know that people are always going to do it on the street, but just be smart about it.