.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #1
cutiepy701

Is it possible to fall in love overnight? (kinda long)

Okay, I really need as much advise as I can get, this is a long story so bear with me......

I was with my x for 1 yr. We lived together and it was pretty serious. It was good for the most part but we fought alot about dumb stuff. Well we broke up 3 months ago. I was torn apart. But I did alot of thinking and soul-searching. I decided not to get into another relationship until I truly knew what I wanted.

See when we were together I wasn't happy with myself. I honestly wasn't ready to be in a relationship. but we fell in love and things just progressed. After we broke up and these last 3 months is when I took a look back and realized this. So what I did was just go out and have fun with my friends.
Just kickin it. I've had more fun since we've been broke up then I've had in a long time

So, now this is where my question falls into place. I have talked to a couple different guys in the last month. I realized that I am happy with who I am and I know what I am looking for. Nothing got serious with any of the guys, but we just hung out.
Then came along dude....thats what I'll call him. I was actually talking to dudes friend, but realized we were just good as friends. So now me and dude are talking for about 2 weeks.

He is just so perfect for me. Everything I have ever wanted or needed in a man I have found. He is perfect and we are so good together. I almost want to say that I am in love with him. I feel so crazy talking like this, that is why this is so weird.
Now I know some of you might say that its just puppy love, and normally I would tell myself the same thing, but in this case I can't.
I have been in 3 serious relationships. 3 yrs, 3 yrs, and 1 yr. And I never ever felt the way I do now with any of them. And I was engaged to be married to my x. With my last two relationships, something inside me always knew that it wasn't gonna work out, even at first, but for some reason I still stayed in the relationship. I guess hoping that I would change my mind, but the truth lies in your heart. I always new that it would never work out long term. Now, the only thing I feel with dude is that it will only work out. There is no doubt whatsoever that he is the one for me. Nothing, nada, zilch......
He makes me feel like a teenager, and this is my first crush, except I am not a teenager. He makes me all giddy and tingly inside, which I might ad also never happended in my previous relationships.

I honestly can say that he is the one for me. This is the person that I was meant to be with. I can't even say that i "think" he is the one for me. I know that this is it. no more games, no more trying, this is where is ends. He is the one for me.

Is this possible? Can you fall in love with someone at first sight? Can you fall in love overnight? And if this has happened to anyone and you are now married, please please give your two cents...
Old 07-22-2002, 03:37 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

never happened to me. well i'm kind of cold with others so...

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i think its possible. ive felt that way before, ride with it, see if you feel the same way in a month. if so, then your right.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 06:37 PM   #4
insomniac_91

I feel that anything is possible you know, but just be careful you don't want to jump in it and get hurt. Cause it has happen to me before. Good luck!!
Old 07-23-2002, 08:40 AM   #5
Mushroom

Since you asked for my 2c... No. At least, I've never known it. I will acknowledge, however, that after one night or a couple weeks I can really dig someone, and know that the potential for a LTR is there, and have lots of fun with and be excited about someone. But, can anyone know themselves well enough to fall in love with someone overnight? Not in my book.

My rule of thumb for rebounds - if you're with someone for a year then break up, don't take your feelings toward anyone new too seriously for the next six months.

Don't mean to sound pessimistic, though; just take it easy and good luck with "dude"...
Old 07-23-2002, 09:03 AM   #6
cutiepy701

yah, I know where your comming from. This is definitley not a rebound though. Thats something I told myself I didn't want to do, so I waited till I was completely over my ex until I started talking to someone else.
I hear what your saying mushroom. Me and dude actually talked last night about everything, and a LTR is definiley there. We both feel exactly the same way towards each other, so I will see where it goes, and hopefully this is it
Old 07-23-2002, 10:14 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

OT: what is LTR ????

Old 07-23-2002, 10:40 AM   #8
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
OT: what is LTR ????

GIGGLES.....LOL.....
baby, that is Long Term Relationship
Old 07-23-2002, 10:40 AM   #9
mt.biker

cutiepy701 when you posted this were you really going to listen to what people said? because it sounds like you've gone and done something without listening to what people have to say.IMO

There is no such thing as love at first sight, its not possible to love someone you dont know and no 2 weeks doesn't count as getting to know someone. what you're feeling isn't love! You want to be in a relationship like most of us do, maybe you need to sit back a little longer and look things over. 3months after a 1 year relationship isn't long enough in my books to say you've found the perfect person for you.

your mind is messed up about alot of things right now and you shouldn't be rushing into a relationship with dude. Personally i see alot of things wrong with this that i think would come across harsh if i said it online, all i'll say is this. Be very careful about sharing your heart with someone after what you've been through, you never know whats wrong with you or dude.

mt.biker's 2cents

if your gonna dive into this relationship fine by me but be warned chances are very high it will end badly. i hope i'm wrong about all this but I dont think i am :(
Old 07-23-2002, 10:45 AM   #10
cutiepy701

You are entitled to your own opinion, and I appreciate it, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. No one can understand the situation but me. Im not "rushing" into anything. I just feel that I have found someone who is perfect for me. Someone who I know I would be happy with for the rest of my life.

As for 3 months isn't a long enuf time to get over someone. Well that is Bullshi*. It all depends on the person and how the relationship was. I still care about my ex, but he has done too many things to push me to the point that I do not want anything with him ever again.
I don't think anything will end badly, because Im not rushing or expecting anything from dude right now. We just both feel the same way about the situation, and whatever happens in the future will happen whether its good or bad.

BTW, I do appreciate your 2cents......just had to say that!!
Old 07-23-2002, 04:57 PM   #11
mt.biker

fair enough
Old 07-24-2002, 07:44 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I dont know if I completely believe in love at first site, because I believe the true beauty of a person usually shines through at the darkest hour. Only you know what feels right. Your old enough to know what you want and need. I would try not to rush into it to fast, because if something was to happy thats just even more it would hurt. Take it slow, spend lots of time talking to eachother and getting to know each other.

Youll know whats right and whats not. Just make sure its going 2 ways.

Good luck I hope everything works out well for the both of you.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:04 AM   #13
quik

I've got to vote "YES" on this one. It's possible. It happen to me over 10 years ago and I still think about her from time to time. BUT, DON'T RUSH INTO ANYTHING. That's the best way to kill a relationship very quikly. Take your time, get to know him for who he really is and let him know who you really are. Good luck.

Quik
Old 08-09-2002, 11:23 AM   #14
SilverCoupe2K1

I agree with RR in saying that you don't really know someone when times are good, it's seeing how they handle the bad times that really tells a lot about them.

Please don't get me wrong, I HOPE that dude is "the one." That would be great, and you'd be one of the lucky few. However, I can attest that coming out of a serious relationship, no matter how or why it ended, takes a toll on you that you cannot imagine. It's sort of like White Eclipse 99 said in her post, she saw her high school sweetheart, year down the line and the feelings came rushing back. I doubt that'll happen to you, but I've found we don't know how we REALLY feel until something triggers it.

I'd agree with most of the posts on this board in saying that you should be very careful. If it's right, it will still be right in a few months, let it settle down and see how it is. In that time, you'll probably be thinking a lot clearer too...

Just my three cents (I'm Canadian, so I thought I'd account for the exchange rate... )
Old 08-09-2002, 11:35 AM   #15
spoogenet

"Do you believe in love at first sight? How about I walk past you again?"
-- anonymous

Anyhow, jokes aside. I've known so many girls who have found that "perfect man" just to realize she isn't happy with him, she was happier with the ahole, or the abuser, or whatever. Girls are in the head. Hope you're not one of them! Not to be a pessimist, but people generally don't truly understand what they want. Talk is cheap and there's always a lot of it. You want what you want regardless of what you say or try to convince yourself.

Of course I'm not talking about you specifically, know what I mean, Vern?

Anyhow, I say give it a whirl and good luck. I know some people who swear they have found their soul mates, I dunno how much I believe in that stuff, but one couple has been married for some time now and they both vow that they are married to their soulmate. Guess it can happen, just hasn't happened to me, obviously. Best wishes and I hope it works out for the best for both of you.

b
Old 08-09-2002, 12:07 PM   #16
cutiepy701

Well, update

Things are going great. I am taking things slow, and we are spending alot of time together getting to know each other better. So far so good.
It almost seems too perfect, which scares me, and is actually making me push away right now.

But Id rather push away, then get all close and say things I don't really mean.........ya know

He treats me better than any guy I have ever dated which is all new to me so I don't know how to react. It almost feels like he should be mean to me sometimes, but he is too nice. I mean he actually opens up my car door all the time
Im used to getting treated like crap, so this might take some adjusting, but in a great way. I hope this one is the last one?!?!?!
Old 08-09-2002, 12:17 PM   #17
incubus86

cutiepy701...quick question...how old are you?
Old 08-09-2002, 01:57 PM   #18
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86
cutiepy701...quick question...how old are you?

I am 20...........
Old 08-09-2002, 02:34 PM   #19
incubus86

wish the best for you.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:35 AM   #20
bootstrap

he's got a big dick, doesn't he...
Old 08-15-2002, 08:25 AM   #21
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
he's got a big dick, doesn't he...

LOL....I've seen bigger, so the answer is NO.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:35 PM   #22
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Ouch, lol.....
Don't diss on the mans twig and giggleberries now...

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:30 PM   #23
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN
Ouch, lol.....
Don't diss on the mans twig and giggleberries now...

Im not dissin on his package, My point to bootstrap is that it ISN"T the sex that is why I feel so strong, his goods are the least of my concerns, and it just so happens that he isn't that "blessed" shall we say.....lol

Although its not the size of the wave (at least not all the time), but the motion in the ocean
Old 08-15-2002, 09:22 PM   #24
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepy701

Im not dissin on his package, My point to bootstrap is that it ISN"T the sex that is why I feel so strong, his goods are the least of my concerns, and it just so happens that he isn't that "blessed" shall we say.....lol

Although its not the size of the wave (at least not all the time), but the motion in the ocean

LMAO

Old 08-15-2002, 09:28 PM   #25
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepy701

I am 20...........

LOL, really??

and you've been in 3 serious realtionships??

dang, thats.. well.. good..

I'm also 20, and was with a girl for 2 years (while I was 16-18), and that was it..

Its been to years.. and still I havent found a girl that I'd totally give myself to.. Probably caus the 1st time around things got really painfull..

OK, I'll shut up now..

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 09:36 PM   #26
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man

LOL, really??

and you've been in 3 serious realtionships??

dang, thats.. well.. good..

I'm also 20, and was with a girl for 2 years (while I was 16-18), and that was it..

Its been to years.. and still I havent found a girl that I'd totally give myself to.. Probably caus the 1st time around things got really painfull..

OK, I'll shut up now..

dude i'm with you on relationships

girls are like tornados, they're wet and wild.. and when they leave they've taken your house and your car hehe i just had to slip that in.

But honestly girls are so hard to read, i'm a straight shooter.. call it how i see it type person and for the most part i just want to have a good time. try to find a girl that can hear it how it is and still wants to stick around. HA have yet to see one yet.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:44 PM   #27
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

dude i'm with you on relationships

girls are like tornados, they're wet and wild.. and when they leave they've taken your house and your car hehe i just had to slip that in.

But honestly girls are so hard to read, i'm a straight shooter.. call it how i see it type person and for the most part i just want to have a good time. try to find a girl that can hear it how it is and still wants to stick around. HA have yet to see one yet.

You know I'd so love to have a girl thats serious about this stuff.
You know the type of girl I could make my wife.. I know that sounds nuts, but I'm sick of all this crap..

Always *lets go to a club* * lets go to this party, or that party*..
Its so superficial that at times it feels artificial.

I dream of the day that I find a chick who wants more than just fun and f***ing. Dont get me wrong, thats good.. But there is soo much more to a relationship.

Damn, I guess I've just showed you guys/girls how hard I fell the first time around..

:o

Old 08-15-2002, 09:56 PM   #28
mt.biker

Quote:

You know I'd so love to have a girl thats serious about this stuff.
You know the type of girl I could make my wife.. I know that sounds nuts, but I'm sick of all this crap..

Always *lets go to a club* * lets go to this party, or that party*..
Its so superficial that at times it feels artificial.

I dream of the day that I find a chick who wants more than just fun and f***ing. Dont get me wrong, thats good.. But there is soo much more to a relationship.

Damn, I guess I've just showed you guys/girls how hard I fell the first time around..

i hear you mate. I to am sick of the falseness that dating brings to a relationship. Its like your pretending to be something your not. I want to do something other then see a movie, goto a club or go clubbing as well. These things seem like typical dating spots.

Whats wrong with takin a girl to a nice place and have a good meal where you talk about stuff important in your life? What about getting to know a person well before "dating" them? Do you have to "date" a girl to spend time with her one on one? Whats wrong with just "hanging out" and going biking (granted i like going biking, but put in any other activity then)

I dont have any girls i would call "friends" i never understood how to just be "friends" with a girl. I'm trying to learn but everything in sociaty tells me i need to date her and f*ck her brains out that night. Well i'm wondering who started all that? because i dont think thats how things are ment to be, let me say that again.. i know things aren't ment to be like that. But meeting some down to earth girl is harder then it looks. Most girls my age have been around the block and back many times.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:00 PM   #29
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:

AMEN to that

Old 08-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #30
SilverCoupe2K1

Wow. I completely agree. I can't believe there are four GUYS (that have posted) that feel this way and agree about it. Good to know I'm not the only one...
Old 08-16-2002, 12:07 AM   #31
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

holy crap! Biker, what you said is 100% accurate.. that is exactly what I think..

How creepy is that?!

Well my brothers, you are not alone.. So lets stay strong, and our time will come!

Old 08-22-2002, 06:11 AM   #32
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverCoupe2K1
Wow. I completely agree. I can't believe there are four GUYS (that have posted) that feel this way and agree about it. Good to know I'm not the only one...

Why is that hard to believe? EVERYONE, from the biggest ***** to the toughest mobster wants to be happy.