.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2002, 08:04 PM   #41
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
I just can't express my emotions very well...I've never been very good at that.

theres never a better time then now to start..... just say whatever crosses your mind, then learn to control it so you stop making a fool of yourself ..

mt.biker .02
Old 09-01-2002, 11:54 PM   #42
msvtec14

I was always good at expressing my feelings. Until I got f*cked over nine ways to Sunday.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:00 PM   #43
cutiepy701

Talk to her, and be completely honest. Without good communitcation, nothing will work. Don't let it be false or only half truth what each of you say, make it clear you want her to be honest, even if it means hearing something you don't like. All will turn out for the best in the end. Please just go talk to her!!!! If you don't tell her how you feel, some other dude could be going up to her right now bustin game and you could lose the opportunity, just look at it that way. GOOD LUCK
Old 09-03-2002, 03:10 PM   #44
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
I was always good at expressing my feelings. Until I got f*cked over nine ways to Sunday.

what does nine ways to Sunday mean? i know its a saying but what does it mean?
Old 09-03-2002, 04:36 PM   #45
DsBlu01CivEX

basically she got f**ked over...thats the short definition....and it's not all emotions I can't express. I just haven't figured out a good way to tell a guy that I am interested in something more than a friendship with him without getting screwed over. I'm gonna go through life just having a bunch of friends!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:03 PM   #46
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
basically she got f**ked over...thats the short definition....and it's not all emotions I can't express. I just haven't figured out a good way to tell a guy that I am interested in something more than a friendship with him without getting screwed over. I'm gonna go through life just having a bunch of friends!

nah ya wont
Old 09-03-2002, 10:49 PM   #47
msvtec14

I'm pretty sure that I will get over my issues eventually. I'm sitting here, giving people advice about doing things and not to be scared to. It's not that I am scared. I'm just not in the mood to deal with the emotional ups and downs right now of trusting someone and being in a relationship. And I think it would be beneficial to let my scars heal from this past relationship before I go getting into another one. I've had a lot of time to myself to do what I want, go where I want to and not have to worry about anyone else. I have a lot of fun with my friends and being single and there are times that I guess I would like a relationship. It's just like how you can be in a relationship and sometimes think about how fun it is to be single.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:57 AM   #48
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

update

as you know i was supposed to talk with her on saturday morning, but i had to work and second my parents have some big issues right now. i wasn't in the mood, nor i could talk to her, but on sunday night i realized how good of a friend she is. She was the only one on whose shoulder i could cry. i just love her, more than i love myself.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:09 PM   #49
mt.biker

Re: update

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
as you know i was supposed to talk with her on saturday morning, but i had to work and second my parents have some big issues right now. i wasn't in the mood, nor i could talk to her, but on sunday night i realized how good of a friend she is. She was the only one on whose shoulder i could cry. i just love her, more than i love myself.

dude you think you'll be able to tell her that one day?
Old 09-04-2002, 01:12 PM   #50
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

maybe. what sets me back is the fact that we had the same talk last year, and i don't think i will be able to be rejected the second time.

Old 09-04-2002, 01:17 PM   #51
msvtec14

Hondaman, you should never love another person more than you love yourself. If you don't love yourself, then it makes it hard to love other people. I learned that from my X. Like we've all said, don't NOT do something because you're scared. You don't want to wake up one day and wonder what if? You said that she was acting as though there was some feeling there, right? Did she do that that first time all of this came about?
Old 09-04-2002, 01:19 PM   #52
mt.biker

Quote:
Hondaman, you should never love another person more than you love yourself. If you don't love yourself, then it makes it hard to love other people. I learned that from my X. Like we've all said, don't NOT do something because you're scared. You don't want to wake up one day and wonder what if? You said that she was acting as though there was some feeling there, right? Did she do that that first time all of this came about?

maybe its just me but its possible to love someone more then yourself.. its the same level of love that pushes a parent to die for their child.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:23 PM   #53
msvtec14

Ok, I do agree with that but that's different. But in the same respect as much as it scares me to say it, I would save my parents over myself. They gave me life. That doesn't necessarily mean that I love them more than myself. Scary subject.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:25 PM   #54
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Did she do that that first time all of this came about?

i'm afraid i don't get your question. she started acting warmer few weeks before going to college, then during the first week of classes she was quite cold.

Old 09-04-2002, 02:55 PM   #55
msvtec14

Quote:

i'm afraid i don't get your question. she started acting warmer few weeks before going to college, then during the first week of classes she was quite cold.

The first time that you decided to talk about your feelings with her was she being warm to you? Or, is that something that just started hapenning recently?
Old 09-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #56
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

she was a bit warm, but not qute like she is now, and i went ahead with my gut

Old 09-04-2002, 03:11 PM   #57
msvtec14

Hmmmmmm. Tough call. Here's an idea. Instead of sitting her down and telling her all that you feel, why don't you ask her what motivates HER to act so warm to you and then so cold the next minute and see what she has to say about that. See what she does while answering that one.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:15 PM   #58
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i asked her once why she was so cold, and she kind of avoided the question.

Old 09-04-2002, 03:19 PM   #59
msvtec14

Quote:
i asked her once why she was so cold, and she kind of avoided the question.

Well, I don't like that and if I were you I would NOT put up with that. That's crap. There's a reason behind everything and if you treat someone a certain way, I feel that they deserve to know why.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:41 PM   #60
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well when i asked that it was late at night and she was a bit tired, so that's why she must have avoided the question

Old 09-04-2002, 03:53 PM   #61
msvtec14

Quote:
well when i asked that it was late at night and she was a bit tired, so that's why she must have avoided the question

Come on, STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR HER! She was tired? Was she just not talking at all? Did she have a sore throat? Was she thirsty? Sorry I just don't think that's acceptable. Don't be an enabler! Get on that! I'm serious. You should have asked her the next day. I really hope you know that I'm not yelling at you Just at the situation. Rather than you sharing your feelings this time, really REALLY try and get her to share hers. And if you think asking her late at night will have some bearing over if you can get a straight answer out of her, ask her in the day.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:56 PM   #62
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

good point.

Old 09-04-2002, 03:58 PM   #63
msvtec14

Stand you ground. Just looking out for you. Girls are ignorant. Don't get trapped in the game, K?
Old 09-04-2002, 04:05 PM   #64
mt.biker

Quote:
Stand you ground. Just looking out for you. Girls are ignorant. Don't get trapped in the game, K?

AMEN TO EVERYTHING YOU"VE JUST SAID! in this post and above.. go get her hondaman-iac, pin her down and get out of her everything that you wanted to hear!
Old 09-04-2002, 05:21 PM   #65
DsBlu01CivEX

One rule in life is....you're never truely able to love another person until you love yourself. And as for the whole parents dying for their childern and vice versa it's a love and a respect thing. It's what you do for family....the love is there instantly from the time the child is born. I don't think that you can love another person more than yourself, but you can only love them as much as you love yourself.

But yes...I agree with Missy...find out exactly how she feels and why she's bein playin the hot/cold game with you. Don't pester her...let her know that you've felt confused lately with her actions and that you really need to know what she thinks and how she feels and that you'll wait for her answer, but that It's really important that she answer you questions.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 08:49 AM   #66
msvtec14

Yeah, definitely don't pester her. Don't seem like you care that much either. Address it with more of a curiosity perspective. If you're really scared that what hapenned last time is going to happen this time at least you won't putting putting that much of yourself out there. Your interest in her feeling is genuine but I would just be more careful about how I go about showing interest. I know I'm all anti-games and stuff but if I had been down that road once before, I would just take a different route.