.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2002, 09:22 AM   #1
msvtec14

Help me out guys.

These are some questions that I have about why guys do the things they do. What motivates some of these things? Just curious. An obvious one - How come a guy will be totally interested, get a phone # but then never call? How come you guys will see that there is no toilet paper left and instead of taking the cardboard tube thing and throwing it away, you will just leave it there and place a new roll on top of it? Seriously, what is wrong with asking directions? Yeah, maybe you'll feel more manly by not asking but you'll just look like an idiot driving around with this dumbfounded look on your face. How come you're all scared to cry? We're not going to think any less of you if you do. How come you'll finish the juice but leave the container in the fridge? Why would you do that? It just upsets me when I get all exited because I think there's some Tropicana Twister left but I discover there's really none there. That's all I can think of for now. I was just thinking about this on my break.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:39 AM   #2
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

# wise, i dont know, i wouldn't do that..

Toilet Paper thing.... that damn plastic thing in the middle is a pain in the ass..

Asking directions.. i figure if i get lost and find my way out, ive learned the area better

Alot of guys are afraid to cry because their dads told them not to when they were young, remember "What are you crying about? Stop crying!" heheh

lessee

the juice.. ive never done that.. so i dunno

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 09:41 AM   #3
Kyle
elyK

lol...hmmm...i dunno about the toilet paper thing...because i do that...I've got no problem with asking directions...hmmm...i think most guys are afraid to cry because america/the world has set the image of men being strong...and people don't wanna break that image...or they just don't wanna look like pussies...lol, j/k..The only time i cry...is when i fight with my parents then it gets all stupid and stuff...and i don't leave empty things in the 'fridge...and about he phone number thing...people are just dicks...they're trying to get you're number to impress their buds or somethin...or maybe they were just too drunk to remember?...i personally would call you.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 09:43 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
How come a guy will be totally interested, get a phone # but then never call?

This could be several things..
A. He's scared.
B. He's a player and he just collects numbers for the hell of it.
C. He lost it.

Quote:
How come you guys will see that there is no toilet paper left and instead of taking the cardboard tube thing and throwing it away, you will just leave it there and place a new roll on top of it?

This is an easy one. Its just laziness.

Quote:
Seriously, what is wrong with asking directions?

Have you no sense of adventure?

Quote:
How come you're all scared to cry?

This doesnt pertain to all men. Only the ones that are afraid to show they have a soft side.

Quote:
How come you'll finish the juice but leave the container in the fridge?

This goes back to the toilet paper question.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:45 AM   #5
Kyle
elyK

gj rr

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 08-28-2002, 09:53 AM   #6
msvtec14

I have a sense of adventure. I don't think that driving around in circles and getting frustrated because I'm late and lost really constitutes as an adventure. I think it falls under the road rage category. The whole # thing pisses me off. Or how come you will wait like a month to call? Would it be uncool to call a week later or something?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:54 AM   #7
Kyle
elyK

Why don't you get THEIR number?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 08-28-2002, 09:57 AM   #8
incubus86

I cry...
I never get a number to begin with, and if i did, i would call...(reminds me of a story, i'll start a post)
I can't stand empty containers. My younger brothers do it.
I change the tolet paper roll.
I'm a human road map so I don't need to ask directions.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:58 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
Would it be uncool to call a week later or something?

By rule, you should wait about week any longer then that will just piss a person off. I can honestly say, I never got a number that I didnt call within a couple days. You shouldnt call the next day because it makes you look desprite. A couple of days will leave the girl wondering just enough that she is happy to hear from you.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #10
msvtec14

You want to know what's even worse then calling the next day? When they pretty much ask you to sleep over on the second date. And they call everyday to ask you.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:33 PM   #11
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
You want to know what's even worse then calling the next day? When they pretty much ask you to sleep over on the second date. And they call everyday to ask you.

*Note to Self*

No more asking to sleep over on the 2nd date.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:35 PM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

good question.

why i don't call ? cause i don't get any phone numbers

why don't i change the toilet paper roll ? cause i'm too damn lazy or stinks too much in there

Why don't i cry ? becuase i don't have too many reasons to and if it happens i'll do it alone in my room where others can't see me.\\

Directions ? What for ? I have mapquest

Empty container in the fridge ? The garbage can is too full and i wait for my brother to empty them

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

*Note to Self*

No more asking to sleep over on the 2nd date.

you dating ? i thought you married in may

Old 08-28-2002, 12:47 PM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

you dating ? i thought you married in may

No I dont date any more, I was just playing.. I always waited till the third date.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:54 PM   #15
mt.biker

sounds like your talking about asshole guys

me i dont fall into any of these typical guy problems.. well everything but the directions but thats because i like driving
Old 08-28-2002, 01:11 PM   #16
msvtec14

Here is another one...You will know that our birthdays our coming up. How come you wait until the day before or even worse the morning of birthday??!!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #17
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
How come you wait until the day before or even worse the morning of birthday?

Procastination at its finest!!!

Just be lucky we didnt forget.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:03 PM   #18
msvtec14

HA HA. Work better under pressure?
Old 08-28-2002, 02:29 PM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
HA HA. Work better under pressure?

Yeah totally! I mean if theres no pressure, then I dont feel as if its very important.. Example, I have two days left till I go on vacation. And I have a huge list of stuff to get done before I leave. Now I could have done this stuff weeks ago, but whats the fun of that!
Old 08-28-2002, 03:38 PM   #20
msvtec14

Because, for the next two days you will be running around all frustrated for a better portion of the time like a chicken that just got his head cut off and it's running around in desperation. Trying to fathom everything that is going on and needs to get done.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:54 AM   #21
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Because, for the next two days you will be running around all frustrated for a better portion of the time like a chicken that just got his head cut off and it's running around in desperation. Trying to fathom everything that is going on and needs to get done.

No way.. Ive got it all planned out. Now I just have to do it all.
As a matter of fact, Im half done already..
Old 08-29-2002, 08:04 AM   #22
incubus86

guess he told you miss,
He is on the stick
Old 08-29-2002, 08:28 AM   #23
msvtec14

To be honest with you all...I have the biggest procrastination problem ever. And the above description about the chicken with it's head cut off is really how I feel sometimes. Like this morning. I got out of bed 15 minutes before I had to leave for work. I couldn't find a shoe and that just really messed everything up. I had those 15 minutes planned accordingly down to the last 30 seconds. But, one of my shoes felt the need to hide under my couch. Then, when I went to Mobil the guy carded me and I had to look for my ID and that just threw me off even more.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:38 AM   #24
incubus86

its an "organized" thing.

Some people walk around with there little planners having everything planned out for the day....I say F*ck that. I am organized. I know where everything is. If you were to walk into my office and see my desk you would think that i am an unorganized, but really i know where everything in this company is and I know what is on every pc that i have. My mind is my little planner.

So yeah, if 10 different things where to hit me at once, I would have to run around like a chicken with my head chopped off, but i'd know what i was doing. I guess what i'm saying is...is there is a difference in my opinion, between running around having no idea what is going on and running around and having everything straight.

Perfect example. I use to be a chef. And i worked the saute side of the line. ALWAYS VERY BUSY. I would have 10-15 different dishes due up at the same time. I always had the ability to clear all the tickets within thirty seconds after i started to dish the first one. I'm just that organized in my head.....wow do i feel like i just rambled for 10 minutes about nothing.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:09 AM   #25
msvtec14

I'm pretty organized. I just have an issue with waiting to the last minute sometimes. I don't have a little planner thing but I do tend to write down what I am doing on certain days so I don't forget and double book. I think it's totally rude to blow people off so I just play it safe and make a little note. I'm pretty neurotic about clutter too. I hate it. My desk can't be all scattered with randon papers. My car is always clean. It's hard to keep the exterior clean with the rain and stuff but the interior is always clean.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:12 AM   #26
Kyle
elyK

i procrastinate procrastinating...nobody can own my skillz

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 08-29-2002, 10:40 AM   #27
msvtec14

Well, at least I can say that when I do procrastinate the little amount of time that I have left is quite organized and all planned out.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:45 AM   #28
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86
...Some people walk around with there little planners having everything planned out for the day....I say F*ck that...

HAHA!! thats not me.. I dont keep planners or a PDA or anything.. Im not very organized. But when it comes to doing stuff I just think about how Im going to do it, and in what order and I can usually get it knocked out really fast once I start. Im so unorganized, I lost my organizer..
Old 08-29-2002, 10:46 AM   #29
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

about the organized things: if my room is a whole mess i can find anything with closed eyes, but if it will be to make my room nice and shiny i won't be able to find anything. and having my time planned, i plan on leaving late to have some reason to put those 4 pistons in the 3500 rpm range.

Old 08-29-2002, 11:21 AM   #30
msvtec14

In terms of what other people do with thier rooms, that's none of my business. If everything in my room is a mess and there's endless piles of clothes I will just make a bigger mess tearing through it all trying to find a shirt or something. My room is pretty much a living room and I always have all these people over and I just can't sit there and hang out in clothes mountains. It'll get to me and I'll start putting stuff away. I can go to someone elses house and sit in a pile of trash and not really care because it's not my turf, ya know? I don't really sit in trash btw, I was just kidding about that