::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
97CivicBoy

too much power to sub????

yeh hey i jus got a 700 watt 10" subwoofer and it is being powerd by a single chanel 1000 watt amp..i was jus wondering if this will blow out the speaker...and if i should jus run it on teh dual channel of 500 watt...and how would i do this if i have to...lemme kno it bumps good as is...i hope its ok...
97CivicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:22 AM   #2
sc0rch

be carefull.....is 700 watts peak or RMS power....and i usualy never go over 100 watts RMS of the sub.....so if its 700watts RMS i'd go with an 800 watt amp...see my logic....

what kinda sub is it....how many voice coils does it have...how many ohms are the voice coils....what kinda 500 watt amp is it.....and what kinda 1000 watt amp is it
Old 03-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
97CivicBoy

yeh...

heres the url for the package off of ebay...lemme kno....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=14 98

lemme kno thanx bro
Old 03-05-2003, 01:37 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

ok, its all PYLE.. which means..
umm lets see..

the numbers that are given are much more than peak. And the amp is even more overrated than the sub.. Beware its not exactly quality stuff, so at the slightest hint of distorsion turn it down.. And do expect it to overheat if you push it hard.

Anyways, you can run all "1000 watts" to the sub. but be careful, if you hear any noise lower it.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:28 PM   #5
sc0rch

i dont even know how to hook it up cause it doesnt say how many voice coils there is..i assume 1 4 ohm VC.......soooooooo

here is what you do...bridge it.....run the positive from the right to negative on the left......and keep the gain down...turn the volume to where you usualy listen to it...like the loudest.....mine is always at 25 out of 60..........

ok now.....adjust the crossover on the amp to about a quarter of the way up.....now turn the bass boost or whatever its called to the middle...........now slowly turn the gain up.....keep going untill it sounds kinda equal to the cabin speakers........now adjust the crossover either down or up but no higher than the middle.........and now adjust the bass boost.......assuming you know what shitty bass sounds like...you'll want to pay close attention to the sub to hear a change.........try and pick a song with a good continuous bass line that changes a bit.......up and down in frequency.........maybe pick up a bass test CD........and keep playing the song that hits the lowest over and over untill you figured out where to set everything so that you dont have any problems..........any questions just ask
Old 03-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #6
97CivicBoy

what?

what u mean man..i'm so confused there...i dont kno much about subs my friend put it in for me...but umm..the guy above u said its ok...so what do u think..its doin good rite now i guess??
Old 03-06-2003, 01:40 AM   #7
sc0rch

it should be ok.....just becarefull to hear if it bottoms out...like when a really deep bassline drops and the sub sounds like its farting then you wanna adjust the amp to make it not hit that low
Old 03-06-2003, 09:33 AM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by sc0rch
it should be ok.....just becarefull to hear if it bottoms out...like when a really deep bassline drops and the sub sounds like its farting then you wanna adjust the amp to make it not hit that low

And if the noise (thd) level increases drastically..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote