Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Masamune
1st Gear

Exclamation bose radio code...

check it out guys. I just got a very immaculate 93 Accord SE (leather and everything baby ). I'm so freakin psyched right now I just can't tell you. anyways, my bose radio is locked for some reason or another. I have the code and it has a "0" in it. one problem. there's no 0 button anywhere. my question would be does anyone know where the 0 is indicated? I called honda and they have no idea what I'm talking about and tried to tell me my code was only 4 digits. that's b.s. cause the instructions specify that it's 5 digits. (no the instructions won't tell me where the 0 is.) help is great. thanks guys.

Out
Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:22 AM   #2
blind34_1

i'm not for sure on this, but i think that your accord doesn't normally come with a bose system. This would explain the code lock on it, and the fact that honda knows nothing about it.

Chances are somebody switched stereos on you before you bought it, maybe.

are you you sure the zero is not 6? or a 9?
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
AkimboStylee

yeah, if anyting you would ahve to pull the radio and get the seriel code, and master code form bose, sorry but that aint free, i would just buy a different deck cause bose makes good speakers but thier in car hu's suck
Old 08-31-2004, 10:49 PM   #4
Masamune
1st Gear

I know for sure that the radio is from honda. it says honda right on it. I even looked this up on the internet and the 93 accord SE came with bose sound including 6-cd changer. that, also, has honda written right on it. It's not aftermarket and total there are 8 numbered keys. any idea's yet?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:16 AM   #5
blind34_1

hmm, i was wrong. sounds like honda doesn't know what they are talking about. there are services (beyond your dealer) that will tell you what the code is, but like krwheeler said, it ain't free.

unless you are really set on keeping the bose, or if honda can figure it out, then I'd say go with another stereo (better).
Old 09-01-2004, 10:17 AM   #6
AkimboStylee

you can find a new hu that has cd changer control if you want to the cd changer
Old 09-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #7
Masamune
1st Gear

the only thing I need to know is where the hell the "0" key is. I've been searching non-stop for what seems like forever and can't find jack I have 0 dollars right now and plan on keeing the bose for awhile. I just need to unlock the damned thing.

Out
Old 09-01-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
AkimboStylee

i think it is where you push a button (left arrow or right arrow, look above or below the number and you will see > or < and use those to scroll through the numbers <unless you have an analog style (no digital readout))
Old 09-01-2004, 08:36 PM   #9
Masamune
1st Gear

called honda again. They said that bose has never used a "0" anywhere in any of their codes. I give up. I'm taking out the radio and getting that damnedable serial #. Car work can never be just simple 5-minute things for me... :o oh well, thanks ayways guys. BTW, I tried every frickin combination of numbers and buttons and nothing. every three times I'd disconnect the battery for about 15 sec., reconnnect and try again. jeez... figures

Out
Old 09-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #10
AkimboStylee

do you know the code, or are you trying to figure it out. if they dont use "0" then i would try to find out what the code would be from honda by getting the seriel #,

EDIT: i just got off of the phone with my friend at the shop, in melbourne, fla, and he said that you need to contact bose and find out if they can give you the master code, he said that they wont charge as long as you have the model #, seriel #, and he siad sometimes they ask sometiimes they dont ask for it, but have you vin # ready, just incase they want to make sure if it is legit.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:30 PM   #11
Masamune
1st Gear

hey guys,
took the inside apart and got all the numbers off of the sticker. Gave honda a call, they gave me the code. Code worked and life is good. Thanks a whole bunch guys.

Out
Old 09-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #12
AkimboStylee

later!
Old 09-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #13
blind34_1

was the code close to what you had, or was it different altogether?
Old 09-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #14
Masamune
1st Gear

the code the guy gave me was totally wrong. Not even close. Bastard