User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Post How to fix your windows

I know on older hondas some of the windows are going slow, way to slow. Today it was pretty nice outside so i decided to go out and have mine fixed.

Tools and stuff that you need:
- philips screwdriver
- 10mm socket with rachet
- one big tube of superglue ( make sure it dries fast)
- box cutter
- tape of any kind (clear, packaging, ducttape)
--lots and lots of patience
- 3M adhesive remover
- paper rugs

Procedure:
- start by talking your mirror off the car
- roll the window down
- take down the door panel (carefully not to break something) on my 92 accord it is hold in place by 3 screws and some plastic pins
- after you remove the door panel try to get the white insulation off (if the car it's old it will be too dry and it will break so i decided to cut it)
- get the 10 mm socket and unscrew the window screws then take the window out.
- start removing all the window track (sometimes it may be sticky so the box cutter comes in handy now)
- remove the speaker and the lock module (if equipped)
-Place the window track back in place aligning it at the rear upeer corner of the door, and apply some super glue to it.
- now start sliding the track in place starting from that corner first going towards the front of the car, then from the corner down.
- check for the alignament of the track inside the door (that's where all your problems started from .)
- put the window back in and screw it in place.
- put some superglue all over the track where it's hidden by the other rubber stuff or the door and roll the window up. leave it there for 1 minute. meanwhile start glueing the track inside the door. Roll the window down, then up then down a few times, just to make sure the track is in it's correct place, so it won't bother the movement of the window.
- now you are ready to reassemble (now you gotta find all those screws that are allover the floor . A beer might be helpful too. )
-After putting it back toghether get some neigbours and show them some work of art that you did.

Comments
Congrats you just saved yourself $300. The time spent on it ? 2.5-3 hrs depending on how many beers you had

Fine Print

This mignt not be appropiate for all the vehicles. It was performed a 92 accord. I am not responsible for any damages that you have done to your car yada yada yada. you get it

Closed Thread