::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
BrandonClaps

Quick! My car goes to honda tomorrow!

I'm bringin my car to honda tomorrow cause my heat doesn't seem to get hot, and there is no air coming outta the center console (right vent) Anyone else experience this problem? They said it won't be covered under warranty if the problem is caused by installing a cd player. GRR
Old 10-24-2001, 08:17 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Quick! My car goes to honda tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
I'm bringin my car to honda tomorrow cause my heat doesn't seem to get hot, and there is no air coming outta the center console (right vent) Anyone else experience this problem? They said it won't be covered under warranty if the problem is caused by installing a cd player. GRR

I mounted my cd player down in the tray above the cupholders, but why would the CD player cause your heat not to work.. It should work as long as everything is still hooked up...... Shouldnt it..?? Have you checked to make sure your vents are still hooked up? (sounds stupid, but its a thought.)
Old 10-24-2001, 09:12 AM   #3
BrandonClaps

they said if a wire was kinked. when i braught it today, they said i most likely have leaves in the motor and my thermostat may possibly be open constantly
-Brandon
Old 10-24-2001, 09:42 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
they said if a wire was kinked. when i braught it today, they said i most likely have leaves in the motor and my thermostat may possibly be open constantly
-Brandon

Thats very possible.. I thought about the Thermostat... Did you buy it used or new.. Ive seen people take the thermostats out which will cause you not to get any heat at all.. But if you had it since it was new youd know... I just thinking..
Old 10-24-2001, 09:51 AM   #5
BrandonClaps

it's got 4,300 miles on it. it's a 2000. it was stored for about 8 months though. i baught it used from someone local. yea 4k not 40k
-Brandon
Old 10-24-2001, 10:44 AM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

To be safe maybe you should put back the oem radio.. You know how they can be d!cks!!

Other than the thermostat it may be the heater core..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 09:51 PM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Just argue if they try to tell you it was the radio. There's pretty much no way the radio caused it. Talk to the service manager that works best. If that doesn't work contact Honda. They actually care if the service dept takes care of ther customers.

I had an issue with my radio when I got my 98 ex. They tried to tell me that because I had RCA cables & a power cable ran that it blew out my factory radio. Mind you the the cables weren't connected to anything.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:07 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Just argue if they try to tell you it was the radio. There's pretty much no way the radio caused it. Talk to the service manager that works best. If that doesn't work contact Honda. They actually care if the service dept takes care of ther customers.

I had an issue with my radio when I got my 98 ex. They tried to tell me that because I had RCA cables & a power cable ran that it blew out my factory radio. Mind you the the cables weren't connected to anything.

*LOL* Thats a neat trick..
Old 10-26-2001, 05:28 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

*LOL* Thats a neat trick..

Worked for me.....

Keep us updated....
Old 10-26-2001, 06:09 PM   #10
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I was talking to my brother about this and he is a professional installer and we were thinking that a stereo won't make your heater stop werking?
maybe were wrong though.....well yeah.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 06:45 PM   #11
BrandonClaps

look at my fallow up post...

http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=856