::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #1
AkimboStylee

since it is a civic motor

what motor is this, and is it worth the price (can't beat free shipping)

http://www.japanesestarmotor.com/eng...VTEC-OBD1.html
Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

probably a d16z6, but the hp is off
I wouldnt pay mor than 500
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
AkimboStylee

yeah its not for me, a friend blew the head gasket and drove around untill the motor ciezed(not too car savy) and wants me to find a replacement for his(93 eg coupe) car. but with free shipping, since i can not find a suitable replacement locally, it seems okay, and i only need the engine, because everything else was pretty much replaced or repaired(radiator, transmission/clutch)
Old 05-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
IALuder

its actually rated at 135hp and 114 tq. we dynoed my friends he bought from hmotors.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

just do a b18 ls swap. it's only 200 more

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by IALuder
its actually rated at 135hp and 114 tq. we dynoed my friends he bought from hmotors.

explain? Thought D motors only put out numbers like that at the crank...
Old 05-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

^ he never said WHP... just hp which in general refers to crank hp.

Regardless... That'd def. be a z6. only thing that's odd is the hydro tranny type... I'm guessing they're talking about the clutch actuation... which would be the case for a z6. IE not a cable clutch car.

Depending on the milage that's not a terrible price... also how long it's been sitting.

Damn though 4300 for an OBD1 type R motor with tranny and ECU... that's a pretty sick price isn't it?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
nonovurbizniz

Those have DEFINATELY sat in the rain for a LONG time before getting shipped to the US...

Those pulleys look like ass... you'd almost def. have to replace those which IMO is the least of your worries buying an engine that's sat out in the rain. You could have TOTALLY rotten rings in 2 of the cylinders. Alt. could be bad. could've had lots of water down the intake and the P/S pump... And the harness/misc shit looks like it wasn't cared about too much... That's the main thing that pisses me off about "Junk" yards... that shit wasn't junk till the dumbasses who pulled it neglected it.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Buy from someone who has a good rep.. hmotorsonline.com has a pretty good rep. with swaps.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

If youre looking for a d16, I'll probably be trying to unload mine at the end of summer...
( = Road trip!)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
AkimboStylee

he sold the car and bought a fucking fit! im jealous and pissed (i think its ugly, but it is the 'sport' version and is preety quick, but pissed cause he won't let me drive it.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:37 AM   #12
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkimboStylee
he sold the car and bought a fucking fit! im jealous and pissed...
Heh!

I told ppl, two years ago, that the Fit/Jazz was coming to America, and they thought I was Looney Tunes!

Example: http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=17

Has your friend checked this out yet?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...65262608055260

BTW, the '07 Fit Sport weighs 2471 lb. which is 100+ lb. more than my '00 CiViC HX, but still pretty trim!

By comparison, a '06 CiViC EX is now tipping the scales at 2700+ Oink! Oink!

That might not sound like much, but it's kinda like draggin' a 230 pound anchor around...

Quote:
Car and Driver magazine conducted a comparison test of the new crop of subcompacts, and guess who ranked best? The Honda Fit Sport outperformed the competition...

The editors noted that the Fit had superior quickness to 60 mph, better speed in the quarter-mile, the most supportive seats and the most expensive-looking interior. And there's more: "What truly set the Fit apart was its handling—not a pretense of handling but the real deal, with springs and struts that allowed one gentle rebound and no more, the only car here that felt happy storming the switchbacks."*

*Car and Driver, May 2006
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 05-24-2006 at 04:17 AM.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:16 AM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDeuceCoupe

Pretty cool video.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:18 AM   #14
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
Pretty cool video.
I don't mean to put you on the spot, but out of curiosity, did you get anything from it... other than entertainment value?
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:15 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
I don't mean to put you on the spot, but out of curiosity, did you get anything from it... other than entertainment value?
First, I didn't really look into the FIT prior. So everything I saw was new to me.

The first thing that struck me as interesting was the placement of the fuel tank. Dead center. It seems like an odd idea, but when you think about its makes sense. You should get much better balance with that type of placement.

Second thing I found interesting was the floor & roof structure. The floor on the FIT is apparently very rigid whereas the roof is more apt to flex. That goes against my original thinking (having dealt with convertibles) of wanting a stiff chassis all around. The design of the chassis itself is completely different from that of any other Honda vehicle. To me, the way it is assembled is impressive. Multiple types of sheet metal with different tensile strengths joined with a frame reinforcement is pretty impressive.

And lastly, I know now that no matter how good your air suspension is it will be bouncy.

Guess I should look into these cars. I just kind of passed them off at first.

Last edited by Addict : 05-25-2006 at 07:19 AM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

FWIW....

I submitted some requests to Honda dealers in the area for quotes on the Honda FIT Sport MT. I will likely be going this week to go test drive one. That video got me hooked on these things. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.