::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2002, 12:26 AM   #1
drumsy

Do Not Do Business With ProCarParts.com

I have grown tired of dealing with them, and to partly satisfy my pent-up frustration and partly warn potential customers of receiving the same poor, despicable, and putrid service I did, here is what I have to say.

I originally ordered a set of White/Clear taillights for a 2000 Accord 12.21.01 on www.procarparts.com. I used my Visa check card, as I was sure the transaction would process.

I received a phone call a couple of days later, informing me that the transaction could not be processed. I explained that I had used my debit card, and would forward a PayPal payment ASAP. On 12.28.01, I PayPaled ProCarParts a payment of $137.90.

On 12.31.01 I received this email:
Thanks for your payment, but you didn't include the ebay item # with
it.

Please let us know the item # you are paying for, and include the date
you
paid paypal, amount and your name.

Thanks.

I replied back immediately, copying my confirmation email (which contained my item description, part #, and order #) that I had received on the 12.21.01.

Do you know that on 01.03.02, I received the exact same email again? And again I replied back to them, copying my confirmation email in hopes to expedite the arrival of the lights, which were intended as a christmas present.

I received a reply email from them on 01.04.02 and it states as follows:

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will ship it out on Monday. Thank you.

Wouldn't you know it, but about two weeks later I received the package, which contained (get this) a set of clear tailights for a 94-01 Dodge Ram Truck. I was stoked!!! I immediately attempted to call them via the number on the shipping labor, but received busy signals repeatedly. It wasn't until about three days later when I was able to speak to someone. His name was Mark, and he asked me to please fax him some photos of the items, to ensure they were in excellent condition, and he would send me a packing label. I explained that I would do my best to get those to him.

It took me approximately a couple of weeks to lay my hand on a friends digital camera (I didn't want to pay extra for film and development). After getting the pictures taken, uploaded, and printed out, I was finally able to fax them around the 8th of February.

On 02.12.02, guess what email I got??

Dear customer:

We received your fax today, but your did not inlcude your item or order
number on it. Please email us your order or item number so that we will
know what item that you are referring to.

Thank you.

(Sigh)I replied back immediately with all the necessary information. The next day, 02.13.02, I received this email:

Dear customer:

If we send you a wrong item, we will offer an exchange within 7
days,and
we do not accept any refurn for refund. If the item has not been
installed
you would like to return, we can made an exceptionp; however, you will
be
deducted of $20% restocking fee.

Before we can issue your a return authorization code. Please email us
the
pictures as it is not clear on you fax.

Thank you.

This is the email I fired back:

To whom it may concern:

I spoke to Mark directly regarding this issue and have
been waiting a call directly from him.

The issue is I ordered red/clear tailights for an
Accord. I was shipped tailights for a Dodge Ram.
This is not my fault, this is ProCarParts fault. I do
not own the Accord anymore*, otherwise, I would request
an exchange. Since it's ProCarParts fault that I was
not shipped the correct item, and since I no longer
own the Accord, I refuse to allow the 20% restocking
fee. Maybe you folks should have paid a little
further attention to what you were shipping. I will
not pay for someone else's mistake.

I demand the full $137.90 be paypaled back to me at
drumsy99@yahoo.com immediately.

You have inconvenienced me by asking for more
pictures. I do not own a quality digital camera and
the images I sent you are the best that I can do. The
lights were not installed, since I do not even own a
Dodge Ram. Remember, they were the incorrect item to
begin with.

Daniel

*I no longer wished to give the gift, it was too late and pointless.

A couple of days pass, no responce, so I send back requesting further information and my money.

Three guess as to what I got today?

If we send you a wrong item, we will offer an
exchange within 7 days,and
we do not accept any refurn for refund. If the item
has not been installed
you would like to return, we can made an exceptionp;
however, you will be
deducted of $20% restocking fee.

Before we can issue your a return authorization
code. Please email us the
pictures as it is not clear on you fax.

Thank you.

Now, as most of you might feel, I am really, REALLY tired of dealing with this. My latest email to them restates my case, and also includes the link to this post in our For Sale Forum, as well as the links to all the other sites I will be posting this on.

For your sake, please do not do business further with them. Their customer service and quality of service is bar none, probably the worst I've seen of any online retailer.

If you have any questions regarding this issue, you can reach me at drumsy99@yahoo.com. I'm not sure what my next course of action will be, if they do not cooperate. Let's hope they do.

Take care folks!

*If you have similar experiences with them, please post it in this thread: http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...threadid=91330
Old 02-20-2002, 12:50 AM   #2
SiSpeed2000

holy shit dude thanks for letting me know that...sorry to hear that...damn now i know not to deal with them...
Old 02-20-2002, 12:51 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Whoa Drumsy, that is truely a horrible experience. Strage since I ordered my red/clears from them off of e-bay and got them right away. Your next course of action (whether the issue is resolved or not) would be to contact the BBB and file a complaint.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
Maxvla

for the uninformed... bbb is better business bureau. you might hafta contact the branch in their home state however.
good luck... your going to need it.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:14 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Thanks for sharing that with us Drumsy, Ive copied and pasted this into the Fraud Squad Sticky so that it doesnt get lost in the shuffle. And noone else is ripped off by them.

Goodluck, hope everything works out ok for you.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:16 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i know i dealt twice with them and the first time i had problems with my credict card, not going thru, but they called me and i gave them another creditcard #. the order came in fine after 5 days. then i got a strut bar from them, thru ebay and that one came in fine. anyway the quakity of their products sucks. one of the corner lights that i bought from them used to fog up, but i fixed it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 09:23 AM   #7
Bartkat

I had a similar experience with Import Salon on a Weapon R intake that just plain would not fit. The unit was too tall to close the hood. Once I made it clear that I was not going to pay any restocking fee, they refunded my entire purchase price.

I did buy a set of OEM Civic type fog lights from Procarparts and they were shipped on time. UPS took their good time delivering but they arrived and are exactly what I ordered. I think the member's bad experience may be an exception. If you look at Procarparts feedback on Ebay it is in the vast majority, positive. I don't think a boycott or whatever is called for based on a few bad experiences out of thousands of sales.

The author did not include his order number on ALL correspondence, according to the post. This would have saved probably half the trouble.

Please note that at least Procarparts was returning emails. There are some online dealer that never even reply to emails.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:02 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Your right, everyone does have a bad experience every once in a while. But it seems to me like they are just giving him the run around and havent done anything positive to fix the problem. Atleast most companies [decent ones anyway] will attempt to fix their mistakes. If they do it to one person chances are pretty good they will do it to someone else, especially if they get away with it. Not just this company but any company like them. Thats why its good to make other people aware of these types of things, not necessarily to boycotting or whatever, but atleast some acknowledgment that there maybe a chance that stuff like this can and will happen. Not just with ordering online. But going and buying something from a store as well.

We appreciate you sharing your feelings tho..
Old 02-20-2002, 10:35 AM   #9
Bartkat

I again point out that the writer did not include his order number on correspondence on more that one occassion. That IS necessary in order for the company to know what the complainer is talking about. Things would have/might have gone much smoother if all the info had been provided each time. It would be interesting to hear this and some other stories from the other side of the deal.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:23 PM   #10
grumblemarc

For future reference if something like this happens while using Paypal you can get a refund through Paypal as long as it has been 30 days or less from the initial payment. I'm sure you will have to provide Paypal with OTHER info but you must file a CLAIM with them before ANYTHING will/can be done.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:40 PM   #11
Bartkat

Quote:
Originally posted by grumblemarc
For future reference if something like this happens while using Paypal you can get a refund through Paypal as long as it has been 30 days or less from the initial payment. I'm sure you will have to provide Paypal with OTHER info but you must file a CLAIM with them before ANYTHING will/can be done.

You can do that with any credit or debit card also. You have to go to the bank or call the then fill out a form and the bank will back charge the offending vendor.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:18 PM   #12
JunoMech

Quote:
Originally posted by Bartkat
I again point out that the writer did not include his order number on correspondence on more that one occassion. That IS necessary in order for the company to know what the complainer is talking about. Things would have/might have gone much smoother if all the info had been provided each time. It would be interesting to hear this and some other stories from the other side of the deal.

Does this person work for the offending company?
Old 02-20-2002, 04:23 PM   #13
Bartkat

Why the repost?
Old 02-20-2002, 04:26 PM   #14
Bartkat

Quote:
Originally posted by JunoMech

Does this person work for the offending company?

Read the first post in this thread very carefully. Do you expect that the compan could do anything without the proper information.

As far as who I work for, it's none of your damn business and I take some offense that you would imply what you did that I might work for that company.

If you aren't too lazy, go to EBAY and check out the Procarparts feedback record. It's about as good as any.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:54 PM   #15
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

WOW man that is just insane...I 'm sorry that you had to go through that and thanks for the heads up on there service ad what they stand for...
Old 02-20-2002, 06:10 PM   #16
90civiclxryder

i got a strut bar from them, it came with one end stripped i sent it back they said it wasnt stripped and never sent it back to me
Old 02-20-2002, 06:20 PM   #17
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
i got a strut bar from them, it came with one end stripped i sent it back they said it wasnt stripped and never sent it back to me

Yep.. Sounds like a quality company to me..
Old 02-21-2002, 01:25 AM   #18
azninside

Quote:

you mentioned "according to his post" in one of your earliest responses....yet I'm not too sure that you actually read it. You also said to "read the first post in this thread very carefully" and I'm not sure that you did either.

He never said immediately that he did/didn't include all of the information...cuz it wasn't necessary. But...when he mentioned the first email that he got back, on the 31 (three days later) that he didn't send all the information....this is what he said:

"I replied back immediately, copying my confirmation email (which contained my item description, part #, and order #) that I had received on the 12.21.01."

so apparently, he DID send that information in the beginning, specially if it says so on his Paypal confirmation. Maybe you should read a little better before you jump to conclusions too.

Like was already said (I know cuz I read it ) of course every company will have a few bad experiences, and of course some will be even worse than others. If a company has a thousand great transactions, and then gets sloppy and doesn't try anymore, and then all of a sudden has two hundred bad transactions in a row, are they still a great company to deal with?! He was just tellin us his negative experience so that we can be aware of it as well.

In these times, so many companies (especially on the Internet) offer the same products for the same prices or better, and it is important to know which ones have good and bad records, even if they only have one bad transaction. It's still nice to know, so that we can choose another company that has the same exact item for the same exact price, yet has a better customer service record. I thank you for your example.

-AZNinside
Old 02-21-2002, 09:28 PM   #19
Bartkat

First problem:

I received a phone call a couple of days later, informing me that the transaction could not be processed. I explained that I had used my debit card, and would forward a PayPal payment ASAP. On 12.28.01, I PayPaled ProCarParts a payment of $137.90.

Second problem:

it.

you
paid paypal, amount and your name

Now if the guy just wants to tell his story, then why is this thread titled as follows?

Old 02-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #20
azninside

Quote:
First problem:

Second problem:

it.

you
paid paypal, amount and your name

Now if the guy just wants to tell his story, then why is this thread titled as follows?

I'm sorry....you have failed to read my post. Please re-read the above post before posting another ignorant reply!

PS: maybe you should read the bold parts...they tend to stick out better!

-AZNinside
Old 02-22-2002, 12:27 PM   #21
Bartkat

The specific parts of the posts that I have quoted have been properly replied to. If you thought you were writing something diffferent than what I read, then there is a breakdown in communications. How you can think the guy is just venting his frustration when a good part of the delays were on his side of the deal, and then he titles the thread as it is, is not understood.

PS: I won't even mention your tiresome and insulting tagline and list of ricey parts you add to every post. Quite boring and space consuming.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:22 PM   #22
azninside

Quote:
The specific parts of the posts that I have quoted have been properly replied to. If you thought you were writing something diffferent than what I read, then there is a breakdown in communications. How you can think the guy is just venting his frustration when a good part of the delays were on his side of the deal, and then he titles the thread as it is, is not understood.

PS: I won't even mention your tiresome and insulting tagline and list of ricey parts you add to every post. Quite boring and space consuming.

much like you
Old 02-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #23
Bartkat

So you cannot refute what I have said?

Attacking the post is one thing. Attacking the person is quite another.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:30 PM   #24
Chief
Banned

Okay kids, am I going to have to separate your seats?
Old 02-22-2002, 09:41 PM   #25
azninside

Quote:
So you cannot refute what I have said?

Attacking the post is one thing. Attacking the person is quite another.

no....I jus don't care....why?! cuz

so pick up your medal and go home.

-AZNinside
Old 02-22-2002, 09:48 PM   #26
Bartkat

If you didn't care why did you take the time and trouble to try and prove me wrong, then when you couldn't do that with facts, you make a personal attack?

That's just not the way to do things. Maybe you'll learn something from this and be better prepared next time.

As someone said once in a movie, "Take a lesson fron that, son".
Old 02-22-2002, 10:31 PM   #27
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:

Umm... funny but it looks to me like you just metioned it.

** 2000 Honda Civic HX **
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:55 PM   #28
Bartkat

Old 02-23-2002, 01:27 AM   #29
slowEJ6

well then, after reading this ive come to the conclusion that i wont do business with procarparts.com ever. its not worth it to take the chance imo, but then again many people say asylumms has horrible customer service when i myself have had nothing but pleasant experiences dealing with them. so to each their own, shop where youd like. and be sure to kick some ass if you get screwed over
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 12:45 PM   #30
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Thanks for the heads up, Drumsy!! Sorry about your misfortune.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 05:51 PM   #31
Boosted3g

Well after reading this if come to 2 conclusions

(A) Bartcat works for or is very close to the guys at ProCarParts.com

(B) Drumsy is not getting a refund in this lifetime
Old 03-03-2002, 12:37 AM   #32
drumsy

Quote:

Read the first post in this thread very carefully. Do you expect that the compan could do anything without the proper information.

As far as who I work for, it's none of your damn business and I take some offense that you would imply what you did that I might work for that company.

If you aren't too lazy, go to EBAY and check out the Procarparts feedback record. It's about as good as any.

Bart, for the record, my first post is a pared down version of what's taken place for the last couple of months. I have emailed them a total of probably five times with just my part number. Even as it is now, I've resent that message to them three times now, and only the other day was prompted for (guess what) a part number. I've since emailed them back with the necessary information, including my home address and telephone number. No contact any further. If you do work for PCP.com, I'd encourage your management to take a fresh outlook on their idea of quality customer service, as it POORLY lacks!