.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
GirlRacer

ok ladies-help me out

So, ok:

There's this guy that lives near me that I really like...BUT he's in the armed forces. He thinks he'll only be here for another 3 months, but he could get stuck here till November (of '03). I would like to get into a relationship with this guy and he would like the same..... but I dunno if it's worth it to get all wrapped up in him and then have him be like "O, I'm leaving today, byeeee". That would suck.

What do you girls say?
Old 07-23-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I'm not a gurl...BUT...I say forget it....I honestly think that it wouldn't be a good idea....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 11:42 PM   #3
mylittlecivic

well iguess you should just enjoy him while you can, my b/f is leaving in less than a month and im already going crazy:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:28 AM   #4
GirlRacer

ya but Anna, yours is coming back, - this one may not...
Old 07-24-2003, 08:22 AM   #5
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Hmmmm, sounds like he might be a player and is using this excuse to his advantage, meaning he could get "shipped out" when things get old. I know he may or not BE a player but you should only go out with him if you think you could handle getting close to him and him leaving. Judging by your hesitation, meaning by asking US for OUR opinion, I'm not sure you would be able to let him go easily. I used to wear my heart on my sleeve and always got hurt all the time because I got too close too soon. I just don't want you to get hurt this way too. IMHO, don't. No one EVER said being with someone in the service is easy due to the risks involved, ie losing them permanently. It takes a strong person to be with them and if you can do it, more power to you girl!! I know I wouldn't, for sure. Ok, off the soapbox now.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:23 AM   #6
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

That's a tough one. I agree and think you should enjoy his company while you can because if you were to invest too much of your time or emotions into the relationship, you may just be setting yourself up for a big heartbreak in the end and no one likes that.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:12 AM   #7
ohiochica

god quin i wish i had that answer! it's tough but honestly i think its possible, depends on if in teh long run you are willing to move also. if you cant see yourself moving every 4 years then dont even think about it.

hmmm.........

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:20 AM   #8
ShagginJet

This may seem mean and harsh but it's something that has worked for me. When you're getting into a short term relationship with someone you have to realize the final out come before it happens. IE. If you know he'll be gone in 3 months. Think to yourself about what's going to happen when you break up, how things are going to be, and all those details. Once you're OK with that, then when it happens it'll be a lot easier to go with. Makes you stronger as a person too. Can be very hard the first couple of times.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:42 PM   #9
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by ohiochica
hmmm.........

*gives Ohio big hugs!* I'm glad you put your $.2 in here.

ugh-this sux.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:24 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

I'm a dude but hear me out real quick....

A relationship with anybody in the military really sux for both parties, not just on the side of the person who is NOT in the military. Trust me, I've been in the NAVY for 11 yrs. I've been through this. I've seen my friends go through crazy stuff, even close to committing suicide. It takes a lot of patience, understanding, and trust...... just like any other relationship.

My advise is to understand your situation and all the risk involved. Once you understand it, it is up to you to accept it and all its consequences. I'll tell you now, this is the hardest part that I've ever had to deal with in my life...... not the war...... not the car......... not the bills...... but the fact that, my significant other is worried about me. It takes so much us and consumes our precious time arguing whether or not our relationship would last. In the end.........I have never told this to anyone except my closest friends including Chief.......... my wife and I parted to end our 6 yrs of marriage upon returning from a 6 month deployment. It really f*cking sucks! I never cheated on my wife and neither had she. But the fact that she could not handle me being away for so long and the thought of "war" is just too much for her. We are still friends.

I'm not gonna sit here and tell you not to fall in-love or not to get too involved. We are human. Sometimes those things just happen. The only thing that we can do is understand and accept.
Remember, sometimes you have to grow apart to keep growing together.........
-Arnel

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:56 PM   #11
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16

My advise is to understand your situation and all the risk involved. Once you understand it, it is up to you to accept it and all its consequences. ...
I'm not gonna sit here and tell you not to fall in-love or not to get too involved. We are human. Sometimes those things just happen. The only thing that we can do is understand and accept.
Remember, sometimes you have to grow apart to keep growing together.........
-Arnel

I'd have to agree with him Quin. If both of you are willing to make it work, then it will...but the effort has to be made by both parties. You also have to think about your goals and what you want in the future...He obviously knows what the next (at least) couple of years holds for his life, but are you willing to see yourself part of that. If not, then I agree with the others saying enjoy the time the 2 of you have together now, knowing what will eventually come and it'll be that much easier when that time does come. And remember, you may change your mind down the road away....you never know what's going to happen.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:15 PM   #12
GirlRacer

Thank you guys for the advice, and thermal-I'm very sorry about your wife.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:53 AM   #13
V8killimports

Girlracer.. you are hot enough to have your pick of who ya want.. decide if you want a sexual fling.. if not I would probably move on.. you will get over him eventually and there are thousands of guys I am sure waiting for a chance at you.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 06:27 PM   #14
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
......... and thermal-I'm very sorry about your wife.
I just gotta move on..... I've done everything else I can. Thanks.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-28-2003, 06:51 PM   #15
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
Girlracer.. you are hot enough to have your pick of who ya want.. decide if you want a sexual fling.. if not I would probably move on.. you will get over him eventually and there are thousands of guys I am sure waiting for a chance at you.

thank you!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:51 AM   #16
V8killimports

Quote:
thank you!

Why the face? You know you are a hottie =)
Old 07-29-2003, 07:14 AM   #17
GirlRacer

I do not, silly!
Old 07-29-2003, 09:54 AM   #18
V8killimports

Quote:
I do not, silly!

That's too bad. Cause I would bet you there are tons o guys wanting you.. a girl that works on cars, gets all greasy.. that stuff is in penthouse lol Anyways, listen to the guys here.. they would go out with ya.. I would.. I will leave ya with that
Old 07-29-2003, 12:29 PM   #19
GirlRacer

thank you

that's very nice of you. You have made me smile today. I need that from time to time!
Old 07-29-2003, 12:56 PM   #20
ohiochica

roflmao..............quinn knows how she looks, she is just being moddest. aka fishing for compliments!

smile quinn

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 04:11 PM   #21
thermal
Banning Machine

yeah....she is pretty......got anymore pics....he he he he

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-29-2003, 05:19 PM   #22
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by ohiochica
smile quinn

I have TONS more pics, lots of my butt that I didn't realize were being taken... just need help posting them!

There are about 60 in all.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #23
thermal
Banning Machine

Send me a couple of small ones and I'll post it. My email is thermal99@cox.net

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 08-21-2003, 02:36 PM   #24
skysthelimit

I'm new but ill give it a shot. If you really like him go for it, you only live once and if you dont there will always be to many what ifs. hey you might live happily ever after or you might not but atleast youll no the outcome instead of just wondering what couldve happened. Either way best of luck