Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Teins and rust...

Hey guys, I'm seriously thinking about getting a set of Tein HAs for my car in the next couple of months. I'm a little worried about some things I've heard about Teins having rust problems. Part of the year I live on the Oregon coast, and I don't want to deal with the rust.

On a side note, does anyone have anything to say about these coilovers? I know they might be a little overkill, but I want the damping adjustability.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 04:25 AM   #2
'00EX5-turbo

they are really nice! they are really stiff(i even think they're too stiff), since roads are really uneven here, i m using the softest setting(rear 16, front 12).

i had them on for months now, no sign of rust yet. i know that the tein type flex(the newest type) has anti-rust coating on them, so they are the best. but i dont know about HA
Old 09-08-2002, 12:54 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Glad to hear from someone who actually owns them! I hadn't heard about the flex until you mentioned them, but @ tein.com they don't list them for 5th gen Accords.

So you think that they are too stiff for everyday driving? If that's the case, I might just step down a notch to the Apex'i WS damper (even though they aren't adjustable ) The roads around here aren't great either.

Old 09-08-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

why not get some KYB/Eibach or the Koni/eibach setup. it's cheaper and the ride is a lot better than stock

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 01:19 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
why not get some KYB/Eibach or the Koni/eibach setup. it's cheaper and the ride is a lot better than stock

I want the height adjustability. Right now I'm rollin' on stockers, and don't want to drop it as far. When I get wheels in the future, I'll drop it more, and raise it up and put the stockers on each winter.

Old 09-08-2002, 01:24 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah i know it's easier with coilovers, but to change the springs it's a 2 hr job. i'll put the stock springs in novemeber.

Old 09-08-2002, 03:16 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
yeah i know it's easier with coilovers, but to change the springs it's a 2 hr job. i'll put the stock springs in novemeber.

In all honesty, I was going to let the shop install them. I don't know what I'm doing and none of my friends can help me either. I know I should just try it out, but I don't really want to mess with my suspension.

Old 09-08-2002, 04:04 PM   #8
crx swap

i have Ground Control coilovers with Tokkico 5-ways...i am really happy with the setup...the ryde quality is excellant and the install was easy....and..Ground Controls come with Eibach springs so you know you are gettin a quality product....for info...i would contact Ground Control directly...they are really good people
heres their contact info...

web:
http://www.ground-control.com/

Phone:
1-530-677-8600

hope that helps ya out...oh and i checked their app. guide..they got them for your accord...
Old 09-08-2002, 08:00 PM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

crx swap, thanks for the info. Awhile ago, I was set on GCs and Koni yellows, but decided to go with true coilovers for a number of reasons. The GC/Koni combo costs as much as a cheap true coilover system. I change my mind a lot though, so who knows?

Old 09-08-2002, 08:14 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah i change my mind a lot too. in the spring my car is gonna go down another 1.5"

Old 09-08-2002, 08:31 PM   #11
crx swap

no prob....i dont like konis or kyb's...they are too hard to adjust...my tokkicos are easy..the adjusters are right inside the engine compartment in the front and under two flip up plastice covers in my rear....i like the coilover/strut system because you can mix and match your suspension....just my 5 cents though
Old 09-08-2002, 08:50 PM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by crx swap
no prob....i dont like konis or kyb's...they are too hard to adjust...my tokkicos are easy..the adjusters are right inside the engine compartment in the front and under two flip up plastice covers in my rear....i like the coilover/strut system because you can mix and match your suspension....just my 5 cents though

i don't know about konis but my kyb's are adjustable from insiode the engine bay for the front ( top of the strut) and from the wheel well for the rear. it's like a 30 second job for adjusting them all, and let's face it we don't change shock setting everyday.

Old 09-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #13
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

i don't know about konis but my kyb's are adjustable from insiode the engine bay for the front ( top of the strut) and from the wheel well for the rear. it's like a 30 second job for adjusting them all, and let's face it we don't change shock setting everyday.

Yeah, Koni yellows are the same way. Easily externally adjustable, front and rear.

Now back on topic...

Old 09-08-2002, 09:45 PM   #14
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by '00EX5-turbo
they are really nice! they are really stiff(i even think they're too stiff), since roads are really uneven here, i m using the softest setting(rear 16, front 12).

i had them on for months now, no sign of rust yet. i know that the tein type flex(the newest type) has anti-rust coating on them, so they are the best. but i dont know about HA

This is the first I've heard of Teins and rust. Have you heard anything of the SS that will fit a 6th gen Accord?

b