::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2003, 12:42 AM   #1
Limester

93 Supra sMoKeS 3000gt

well this is Monday Eve, i got off work and heard some serious Raceing was Going down at Jenkins Ferry i went out and 2 heats were lined up i just parked and got out walked around looking around i wasn't about to make myself look stupid trying to race the cars i seen.

I step up to the line this blonde haired 17 year-old i guess was standing there i asked him whos up...
he pointed to the back of the crowd a Grey Toyota Supra the hood popped sitting aside a 3000GT the 3000GT's hood was Not popped. I walked up he had a Stright Six pushing some kind of new headers and i noticed the Decal on his Rear Glass it read "Speed of the south" well i kept looking saw a Venom NOS kit Fogger Wet System and i noticed a Turbo with a Intake Extended it looked, didn't know the type. i asked him how much he was pushing on the turbo he said 35 i was like HOLY SH*t he told me when easing out of 1st he has to almost baby it or it will stall. Which made me wonder.
i walked over to the GT looked it up and down nothing special the Driver wasn't even around it all stock it looked ,Leather ,5 speed only thing i seen was Rims nothing else not even a Added Stereo Deck still Factory. i got beside the crowd as i watched a long haired guy about 20 get in his GT and the driver of the Supra hop in .they eased up to the mark the supra Just crawling ... very slowly up to the mark at first i thought he would get killed at the Launch cause he said it woudl stall unless he just eased it out slow. the flag dropped and the GT got a shitty launch the Supra did to almost like two Dump trucks taking off. the GT finally caught a grip and started to pull away the supra hung a good 3/4 from him and then the supra pulled aside him very quickly i bet only 20 yrds he was beside him. i couldn't hear his turbo at all or the pressure mark. then he down shifted pulled away from him and i guess hit the Nos cause the GT lost a good 2 car lengths i asked him after the race (the driver of the Supra) how fast he finished he said "dunno my speedo's stuck at 70 MPH" i laughed and came home and here i AM! woot Go IMPORTS!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:47 AM   #2
V8killimports

So lemme get this straight.. a 3000gt, was pulling on a supra boosted to 35psi? Ok, well no. 35psi = boom. Even if that was true that 3000gt would have to have a lot of shit to even kave a chance... sooooooooo...

V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm confused too. I'm running around 12#s of boost on a built-to-hell motor and the most I'd EVER go is 18#s. I don't know much about Supras, but I don't see any way that a stock blocked motor could handle 35psi AND nitrous. The last time I saw a car running boost that high was a WRC Subaru that was at 40psi and it ended up sucking the K&N through the turbo. He may have unhooked the turbo (you know...left the wastegate open all the way)...cuz any turbo putting out 35psi would be ungodly loud. But it's much more plausable that he was lying his ass off. He must have been if the race was anywhere close.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #4
Civickid0to60

I'm thinking his engine would be behind him after it fell out if it had 35 psi. Maybe the rest of the PSI was from his system! LOL JFWY.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:36 PM   #5
Limester

lol @ civic Kid gotta rub it in huh? lol i don't know much about turbos but the most i had ever heard of was about 9-12 PSI when he said 35 as i said it made me wonder.... but hell he won... and i doubt that he was pushing 35PSI by the sound of all of you.... oh and he didn't have a system!...
Old 08-27-2003, 11:53 PM   #6
Wren57

it was most likely a NA supra and he was BSing you. You would DEFINATELY hear a supra under boost, and/or the BOV. Some supra engines have taken around 30psi, but 35 is pushing the limits of forged internals. was the 3000gt a SL or vr4?
Old 08-28-2003, 12:12 AM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

35 is close to impossible.. Someone I know has an MKIV supra with an engine that is close to bullet proof.. He's running on 2 HKS ball bearing turbos (gt2835/twins).. At the moment the max feasible boost limit is 28 psi (@ which he makes 700+ rwhp using 104 octane race gas, on a warm summer day..) The turbos can go as high as 35psi, but things will start to go wrong.. Like a failing cylinder walls .. Hell as it is the drive shaft is having a hard enough time..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #8
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I'm confused too. I'm running around 12#s of boost on a built-to-hell motor and the most I'd EVER go is 18#s. I don't know much about Supras, but I don't see any way that a stock blocked motor could handle 35psi AND nitrous.

Your right about the 35....but i always thought that a stock supra engine will take up to 18lbs of boost before anything major to the engine needed to be done to prevent that ever present danger of explosion.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:51 PM   #9
MAXed Out
6th Gear

sounds like a good race but i'm a little confused.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 08:50 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
Your right about the 35....but i always thought that a stock supra engine will take up to 18lbs of boost before anything major to the engine needed to be done to prevent that ever present danger of explosion.

They might be....I'm not at all an expert on Supras...but think of the cylinder pressure you'd create with 35psi of boost. You'd need to O-ring the block and heads with some super-good gaskets and 3/4" or 1" head bolts probably to hold in that kind of pressure. Something tells me that might mess up a Supra block. That's, of course, assuming that the internals didn't end up on the road after the first time the boost hit.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote