Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2001, 04:42 AM   #1
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Headers Are For Your Head --- Not The Car's !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex
Dc 4-2-1 1 piece... Dc 4-2-1 2 piece... Or I could go with 4-1 for the high end power but I need low and mid so I am going with the 4-2-1. Give me some ideas...
It's a fact, bro --- the only thing you 'feel' in ANY car is torque. Torque is all that matters. HP, an imaginary number, is mathematically derived from torque, a real number. So, if a mod produces more torque, you will get more power. If not, it won't. This applies to all power mods.

What you will actually get is what they call "The Placebo Effect." This is what you will undoubtedly 'feel'. It's like when you wash your car or change your oil and you 'feel' like it goes faster. It doesn't --- it's all in your mind...

Your beliefs and hopes will be, that by spending your hard earned money on a 4-into-whatever header, combined with suggestibility and social cueing from other users on this site, you will get a significant [and real] effect. Sorry! OE Honda headers work pretty damn good...

You'll think you're getting more power on the low-end, mid-range or high-end, depending on what you talk yourself into. Then you won't be sure. Then you'll search the net looking for reinforcement that you can 'feel' a difference. You'll reject the opinions of ppl that say they don't 'feel' any difference, and heed the ones that say they do...

If you tell someone a $400 fuel rail/FPR combo won't do sh!t for them, here come the flames. If you tell them front strut tower bars don't work, you'll get a dozen responses from 'placebo-dazed' monkeys saying they do. I'm sure the same thing will happen in this post.

The truth of the matter is, you'll feel more power even though there actually isn't any.

I can guarantee you, you'll tell all your friends it gave you an additional 10-HP and point them to some online article that proves it. You will tell a big difference in the low-end, mid-range or high-end, depending on what mood you happen to be in. And, you'll flame me for telling the truth. That's what everybody else does...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 09-13-2001 at 04:46 AM.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote