::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #1
Wren57

Creatine & Weight Gainers

Hey guys, I got some questions for ya. Im 17, 5'10", and 130lbs... yes, just 130lbs... you cant tell from looking at me but im quite strong- curl 40lbs/arm, bench press 130, etc... no matter how hard i workout, how much protein I eat, no matter how many carbs I put in my system I CAN NOT gain weight!!! WTF is wrong with me? I think I just have a huge metabolism. I have to gain weight and get a little bigger, especially with me going to college at Alabama next year and pledging a fraternity. I have thought about creatine, and thought about weight gainer. Steroids are DEFINATELY out of the question, no way I would take those... especially since they shrink a major bodily organ... so guys, have any of you tried creatine and/or weight gainer, and what are your opinions of it. For those who havent taken it before, what have you heard about it? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have the same problem. i really didn't try to gain any weight.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

How often do you train? Are you progressing to larger weights?

On a side note: You're a bastard for not being able to gain weight. I can look at food and gain weight, but I have to work to lose it

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:54 PM   #4
Wren57

I work out about 3 times a week... and I used to be able to keep moving to bigger weights, but I don't know what happened since then. I can not gain any more muscle mass, and the muscle I have now is so toned and ripped that it can't lift any more than it already does.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #5
mt.biker

I'm in the same boat, but i'm 160-170lbs and 6'1. Nothing seems to help me gain weight even though, like yourself I would like to gain some more weight.

I've questioned going on those protien shakes and I've hit the wall a few times like yourself where you just can't seem to lift anymore. Well i found if I upped my weekly regiment to 4 times/week I could slowly move past that.

Maybe you need to try different work outs? I have 3 different ones that i cycle through (no phun intended).

1- Lower body - bike 30min
2- upper body - bench press, curls, lats, butterfly, chinups, sit ups etc etc
3- quick work out (for the times when you dont have time) - bench press, curls, lats and sit ups
Old 01-12-2003, 02:10 PM   #6
accord98lx

I kno this is off topic but I just want to say that Hondamaniac, I keep thinkin that avatar is a picture of you..lol..
Old 01-12-2003, 02:38 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by accord98lx
I kno this is off topic but I just want to say that Hondamaniac, I keep thinkin that avatar is a picture of you..lol..

LMAO no it's a picture of a homie figurine lol

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:53 PM   #8
RU_Teg

^ LMAO

Well I just started working out last week so I can build my fat into muscle...I'm 17, 5'8 and 185lbs...I'm a fat little basterd...lol...I'm trying to lose weight! Anyways, I think creatine would help out a lot as long as you keep working out without stopping...Umm and also be sure to drink A LOT of WATER if you will be using creatine....good luck on gaining weight...I'd just eat mcdonalds or chinese food everyday if I wanted to gain weight...
Old 01-12-2003, 03:06 PM   #9
Wren57

I don't want to gain fat weight, but muscle mass. Does anyone have any *bad experiences with any of this stuff? What are possible side-effects?
Old 01-12-2003, 03:08 PM   #10
RU_Teg

I'm not sure if this is 100% fact but I think creatine can damage your liver if you do not drink enough water...
Old 01-12-2003, 03:09 PM   #11
Wren57

Well I dont drink alcohol so my liver can probably stand to take a slight bit of punishment
Old 01-12-2003, 03:11 PM   #12
accord98lx

RU_Teg - I dont think fats can turn into muscle lol..
Old 01-12-2003, 03:44 PM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Creatine is suppose to help you get a better work out.

Protein is what you want to build muscle! Have you tried protein shakes? I just started taking them this week and I can already see a difference. They same for the average person you should take in between 70-90% of your body's muscle weight (in grams).

For instance.

say you have 10% bodyfat.

130 x .10 = 13
130 - 13 = 117
117 x .90 = 105

So someone that weighs 130 lbs. and has 10% bodyfat should be taking in about 105 grams of protein a day. Keep in mind some people's body use nutrients a little differently then others. You may want to take a little more then this.

Ive heard some bodybuilders take as much as 800 grams of protein a day! Try it and see how it works for you.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg
I'm not sure if this is 100% fact but I think creatine can damage your liver if you do not drink enough water...

Actually thats true whether your taking creatine or not. Without enough water your will damage your liver along with other things. The creatine just makes it worse. Water is very important to your body.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:49 PM   #15
armyguy5
3rd Gear

haha join the army you'll put some muscle on but be careful...weight gainers and products like it casue dehydration so make sure you drink a lot of water.

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 04:11 PM   #16
Kyle
elyK

get a membership at a gym and get a personal trainer...tell him you want to gain weight...and he'll make a workout plan for you...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 04:26 PM   #17
Boosted3g

If you are having that hard of a time gaining weight do what i did. Get in tight with some muscle heads at the gym and buy some testosterone ethinate. You will put in some hard muscle with a quickness. 2 years ago i weighed 185 pounds and i could bench 415 pounds. Expect to pay about 200 per 10 ml. Just dont get caught or youll spend about 30 days in jail or a good fine. A legal alternative is if you have a friend that has asthma get some clubiterol (something spelled like that) and jsut take way more than what the perscription is supposed to be. Both will keep fat off and they have almost no side effects.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:57 PM   #18
Wren57

Right now I have about 4% body fat, and no, Im not BSing you and yes I did have it professionally measured... I guess I will start taking weight gainer and drinking lots of water and protein shakes... hopefully that'll work
Old 01-12-2003, 05:07 PM   #19
Wren57

Oh- and I use my high-schools gym... it is incredible and free!
Old 01-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #20
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Oh- and I use my high-schools gym... it is incredible and free!

Your lucky to have a hookup like that! Try to find some friends/muscle heads in there to workout with. Or talk to the wrestling coach (if you have one) about strength training and see what he suggests. Working out with friends is good because you have someone there to push you a little bit further.

Boosted.... 415...Good God man!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:20 PM   #21
Quist

ok heres the deal man, you should be eating at the LEAST 1.5 grams of protien a day!!! You should work out 4-5 days a week, for about 1.5-2 hours, if your days a running short and you find that you are working out less then that make sure you are pushing yourself. Its disgusting to watch some people in the gym for 3 hours and come in only a few days a week and they always ask why arent i getting any bigger???

If you have any other question go ahead and ask i will be glad to answer any of them.

Oh ya as for creatine, try using either CELL-TECH(which is gay to drink) or an eporvesant creatine that fizzes in water like alka-selzer. The creatine goes into your blood much better
Old 01-13-2003, 01:32 AM   #22
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
LMAO no it's a picture of a homie figurine lol

he does kinda look like you
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:34 PM   #23
Wren57

Well guys I went out and bought some protein shake mix stuff... chocolate mmm ... well anyways I have started taking it today after working out quite rigorously. 8 servings costs $31!!! Well it is something like 40g of protein per serving, so I think thats a pretty good supplement... I might look into getting some tablets too...
Old 01-15-2003, 03:59 PM   #24
Boosted3g

Jsut remember you can only digest about 10 grams of protein an hour so dont overload it all at once and waste it. Take it all the time. Every 3 hours take the shake. If you wake up in the middle of the night, take a shake. Also its a myth that high rep burns fat and heavy weight builds muscle. Lift heavy, you will gain muscle and it will keep your metabolism high 24/7 not just for the duration of the lifting session like arobic excercise. Also by liting heavy your testosterone will increase more and youll put on mass. Also make sure that the beginning of your session has more comples lifting than the later ones. By that i mean you would not want to start off the day with a simple calf exercise when you should be doing squats. The more muscles you can work at the beginning your hormone levers will rise and you will have a better routine. Tell us how you make out.

BTW eat a ton of pasta to go along with your protein. Protein is only part of the puzzle when you want mass. If you weigh 130 lbs get at least 130 grams of protein a day and at least 300 carbs, the more complex the carbs the better. Basiclly jsut dont eat 6 snickers bars for carbs.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:07 AM   #25
sc0rch

weight gainers are what you wanna try too.....creatine is just to help like someone already said....but fat turns into muscle....my friend is all cut and ripped and was bitching that when i lift i always seem to progress each week but he doesnt...cause hes all skinny....i was a bit chunky when i started lifting a year ago and hes been lifting since 8th grade.....and i already max out more than him
Old 01-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #26
Shot 2 Hel

i lift about 2x a week and im making progress with no Xtra stuff. What creatne does is it makes your body burn at a higher temp, therefore letting you lift more. I think thats what it does. Too bad i cant remember from anatomy and physiology. Try to find someone to help spot you on heavier weights, so you can start to go heavier.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:31 PM   #27
Wren57

Is this true about only digesting 10grams/protein per hour... cause if so, that sucks... and Im supposed to get 130grams? That doesnt seem right, I dont eat meals 13 hours apart... each protein shake is 40grams of protein... so the other 30 grams just gets wasted?
Old 01-17-2003, 10:29 AM   #28
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Well, I cant really tell you for sure. Ive heard you body can do about 30 grams at a time. But Im no scientist, thats what Ive read.

Ive also read that different types of proteins digest faster then others. For instance, Whey protein is said to be a fast digesting protein, egg protein is a medium digesting protein, casein is a slow digesting protein. Its important to have a good blend because itll allow your body to produce ammino acids for longer periods of time.

Hope that helps some.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #29
Mushroom

As I understand it, creatine supplement is okay for short-term working toward a specific target... but if you take it for a long time, you will change your body's patterns for producing it (or whatever the natural equivalent is). Then when you stop taking it you risk hindering your progress.

Protein = good. Actually, a balanced diet = good. I try to eat eggs, a can of tuna, a chicken breast, etc within a 1/2 hr of working out (after). And lots of h2o.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:05 PM   #30
Quist

Also when you are done working out try to eat/drink something with sugars in it along with your post-workout protien intake. When your work out your brain is also put under alot of stress(Funny as it sounds it really is) so when you go drink your huge protein shake after workout your body actually breaks the protein down into sugars(amino acids to be exact) for itself first. Damn brain is always getting in the way!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:16 PM   #31
AzCivic

(I'm not trying to be an ass but...)

From reading this I can tell alot of you really have no clue as to what your talking about.

So anyway heres my advice, EAT EAT EAT(high protein foods, of course). Obviously you have a problem gaining mass whether its fat or muscle, so EAT! And when you get sick of eating DRINK whether it be protein shakes or water.

Everyone is different and there is no set amount the "body can absorb" per hour.

Creatine in not a magical powder that "makes your body hotter" or something weird like that. Our bodies produce it, its in all the meat we eat. This will explain with little more detail, http://www.afpafitness.com/articles/...neAthletes.htm
Oh I've used this and it worked for me especially with getting over a "plateau" in training. But your not me so try it for about a month and see if you get results. And dont waste your money on expensive crap that is mostly sugar, just take plain creatine powder mixed with white grape juice.

Gaining mass is simple eat more protein(and yes carbs as well) and when you work out, work out HARD!!!!!!! Dont sit there with a little note book and crap counting every rep, like some do. Just lift, and lift heavy. Try a couple of light warm up sets, then move to something kinda heavy but you can still get like 12-15 reps and keep uping the weight till you can only lift it like 1 rep. (rest a couple of minutes or so between each set) Then goto a different exersize and repeat.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote