::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #41
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

as much as i agree, we have too many people. traffic is terrible in large cities and the pollution from cars isnt helping anything. we're doing better with pollution than we were in the 70's but there are tons more people now there will be more before theres less, we are using up the natural resources much faster than we should be and it will only get worse.

now i understand the "i want to drive" theory, but theres also the "we need to survive" theory, which is why there is this push towrds alternative fuels. you can say there are economic or political reasons, global warming reasons, population or consumption reasons, but the underlying theme is we need a better, reliable mode of transportation. people loved to ride their horses 100 years ago but the time moved on and people had to adapt to the world they are creating around themselves.

now if hydrogen ends up being more expensive but cleaner what will win? is it safer? who knows, there are no definite answers since its not in full market production and competition yet. but magnetism is one of the 4 forces of the universe, it is always there, its 100% predictable, it can be controlled(electromagnets) very easily, we could use hydrogen fusion powerplants to power the whole system cutting down drastically on pollution. not only is the fusion(considering it dosnt blow up, which given our track record and new technology, we're pretty good) safer than burning hydrogen you get massivly massivly enormously more energy out of it by creating heilum(nuclear fusion) with it rather than burning it.

i understand wanting to drive and to feel the power and be in control... but in 50 years with the population we have are we going to be able to drive around in traditional cars? think of how NYC is already.. its near impossible to drive there so everyone uses the subways and taxi's to get around. this would be a personal, automated taxi which you are in with everyone elses "taxi". you could go all over the country via magnocar(i just named it ) and never have to worry about accidents, gas, etc..

some of the technology is probobly 10-15 years away, but you have to look ahead, not try and get something out now as the solution that will need change by the time its fully implimented.

heh.. ranted..

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #42
CD5Passion

I think they've touched on the idea of using magnetics, it had something to do with the the possibility of autopilot on cars. but i think that would be a great idea, the only problem you would be faced with then is having to adhere to what they built, there wouldn't be any "adventure" i driving because the government would have to build all the roadways to suit it.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:24 PM   #43
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well shit happens when there are too many people in the world. it solves 2 or 3 of the major problems that the current car has. sure it takes away "driving" but we can still have tracks, and road courses. maybe even the rural backroads still use regular cars, but at least the major interstate and city roads are out of control. for normal transportation you dont need to be able to "drive" in traffic, to the store, or anywhere for that matter. out of enjoyment i understand, but then we could move away from half street half track polution animals that get driven every day and have your "fun" car for when you actualy need it and have a clean, safe reliable, and socially tolerable mode of transportation when you need to go somewhere.

i kinda want to start a new thread but ehh.... jsut cause i kinda went off from the new honda and can go on about this and or any other similar idea for a while since me and my roommate have been throwing this idea around alot the past few days.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #44
Robert
R-Tard

I think it's a neat idea, and it probably would work in reducing polution.

However if you consider the reason stopping alternative fuels from taking of is the consumer being 'affriad' they wont be able to fill up. Imagine not being able to take your car in every city or on every road. The roll out of this type of system would waste our entire roadworks and be a very slow roll out.

Maybe a magnet system could be used to create motion - there is a motor out there that generates more energy then it consums. Something like this could solve our problem and be a 0 emision car.

I think we need a multi stage roll out to fix the enviornment. It looks something like this.
1. Set tough new standards & impliment current available technologies to reduce energy use and polution
2. Look at shifting peoples views towards a greener living.
3. Develop new tech. to reduce energy needs, move away from oil
4. Develop new energy sources/means of generating

I suspect something like this takes 50-60 years and the problem with that is often the founders arent there to maintain the vision.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #45
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
However if you consider the reason stopping alternative fuels from taking of is the consumer being 'affriad' they wont be able to fill up. Imagine not being able to take your car in every city or on every road. The roll out of this type of system would waste our entire roadworks and be a very slow roll out.

yes, that is the problem. i know its the hardest, most expensive and time consuming part of the whole project, but even if its not this, something has to be done, and when it is done, it wont be easy or cheap. if its put in place under/on/however the current roads then the new "vehical" still uses road tires and whatnot, we could have an integrated old and new cars... slowly move away from gas vehicals.. i dont know... 50 years from now will be interesting