::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
silver

jic magic

this is kinda long so just bear with me. so i'm sure you guys are familiar with the company jic magic, they make suspension parts as well as exhausts, seats and some other items. they have always had a reputation for having a sold product that performed great but real shitty customer service. well my gf got a job with them towards the end of july and it seemed that the rumors about them and the stories were greatly exaggerated. my gf explained to me the situations that upset people that caused them to make all the "don't buy from jic magic" posts on all the car forums and had the real details of the scenarios which showed me that most of the time the customer was actually at fault or being unreasonable. well this in turn caused me to defend this company and recommend them to people in hopes of proving that everybody was wrong. well i now have news that will prove that the company really is shitty and that i recommend that you only purchase from them if you are certain that you are ready to possibly get a hard time during a warranty claim.

my gf was fired from jic on wednesday she worked for them for less than 2 months and had never held a sales position prior to this. she was first demoted and given a wage decrease on tuesday to minimum wage and hourly from making $1600/month salary...which equates to $10, not very much anyways. this was because she did not hit her numbers for sales. well unfortunately for her, she had never been given a number to hit. to go along with the fact that the sales manager would steal her sales for his own...yes they are paid on commission. so it can be difficult to know that you are not hitting your expectations if you were never told what to expect. so they do that to her at the end of the day on tuesday, then wednesday morning they terminate her because they wanted to let her have the ability to make more money elsewhere...as if they were holding her hostage or something. what a lame way of saying they don't want her there, you'd think they would just say that it wasn't working out. so then after terminating her they said that she would not receive her final check until friday. this is a violation of california law which states that you must present the terminated employee with their wages immediately upon termination. when she brought that up she was told to not make a big deal or an issue about it and just accept it. i also learned through some research that they violated labor laws by paying their employees monthly. you are only allowed to pay monthly in very few instances with employees, being a standard office working sales person does not fit this special criteria. plus they also do not pay until the first of the month even though they say the pay period ends on the 21st or something like that. it is against the law to pay more than 7 days after the end of a pay period if you are not paying at least twice a month. so now she has filed a claim with the labor commission for the money that they owe her(we really don't know how much it is since it is still unclear exactly when the pay periods start and end. they say the 20th through the following 20th, but the pay stubs say the 1-31.) plus penalties for not paying on time.

the point of all this is that if they would treat their own employees like this and skip around laws that are designed to protect us, why would they not do the same things to their customers. in all honesty their parts are really good, but sometimes things aren't welded perfectly or maybe the shock wasn't assembled properly, these issues would then have to be brought up to the manufacturer and now your fate and dollars rest in the hands of people who would cheat their own employees.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
drdingo21

Ugh. Too long. I'll read it later.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
MissJDM

Ugh, Shady as hell. I'm a hourly/commission sales person and I can't even imagine how pisse off I'd be if that happened to me.
There's not much I have to say in response... Keep us posted though, I'm curious.

As for the girlfriend, stinks that she had to go through it..make sure everyone you know understands this company and its shadyness!

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:03 AM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

That sux man. Goodluck...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:13 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Kick them in the nuts! Down with JIC!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
drdingo21

Have you tried beating the shit out of anyone?
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:16 AM   #7
silver

i tried beating the shit out of my gf, but realized not only could she kick my ass but also because i didn't have any reason too.

but she just got a job with bulletproof automotive, so if you guys are looking for some mad tyte jdm yo stuff, pm me. i look at it as an improvement in jobs and she sells much cooler stuff also.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote