::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
Jaydrummer94

Starting problems..?

Okey so I had just recently bought a 93 del sol si as a project. The previous owner was selling because somebody messed with his car and had put sugar in the motor so he says anyways. Never turned it on when he found out that somebody put sugar in it. He had blown the d16z6 motor so he had just put in a d16y7 motor in.. Couple days later...sugar. Anyways I bought it, flushed out the motor with 6 gallons of diesel& then put some cheap oil in and oil filters just to get it running and filtered. It turned on me once for 10 mins so then I filtered the oil put oil again and tried to turn it on and then didn't want to start. I checked and made sure all of the sensors and wires are good. Main relay was disconnected and I connected it . I tried starting it with starting fluid and it just makes a big noise in the intake .? Could it be that the problem is cause it's an obd2 motor in a obd1 harness? Did I blow something when I added diesel? I changed spark plugs as well . Did compression test just yesterday and all 4 tests came out between 150-160 . Not really sure on what it's supposed to be at? But the d16y7 has a z6 intake manifold so idk If that could be the problem as well? Please somebody help me on trying to get this figured out.i mean there is spark? Fuel and the motor is turning. Usually even with the starting fluid it would turn on but it isn't.
Jaydrummer94 is offline   Reply With Quote