Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Kill me now

So I started my new job today. Seems good so far. They're paying me $26K/year ($12.50/hr) to be a customer advocate (I essentially get to argue for a living...how perfect is that? ).

The problem? The training. Holy shit, the training! 8:30am-5:30pm every day for 4 weeks stuck in a little room with about 10 other people I probably don't want to know. Since today was our first day it was particularly boring since it was all forms and explanation of benefits. Might as well just open up the manual that came with your stereo and read the instructions.

Wish me luck, you miserable bastards. Seems like the job would be a good fit for me...and the money is pretty good for a starting salary without a college diploma. Maybe after a year or so I can get promoted and really stomp some colons.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
IALuder

hahaha, nice. good luck with it.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Violent Apathy

I'll trade ya.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Sounds to me like if you can make in through 4 weeks of training you'll be in your glory. Congrats, try not to punch your teacher.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
Violent Apathy

Well I found out that tomorrow I have to go do the Army's Warrior Leader Course. So like Steve I get to sit through 4 weeks of bullshit training, only this is more like 4am till 10pm everyday with like 80 people in a classroom and out in the woods. Not looking forward to it. Really though Steve, how about a trade?

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Old 10-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hahaha. Dude...do you seriously think the Army would take me? I mean sure...I have an angry streak in me that would probably help in the field, but I'd never take orders and I'd take warning shots at anyone who I thought was stupid. No sir...the Army has no interest in me. Oh...that, and I'd be 4F'ed as soon as I showed up.

Then again Victor, the company I work for has a call center in Phoenix. Isn't that where you were before the Army? We really COULD trade. Hahahaha.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #7
Violent Apathy

Yep and that's where I intend to go back to once I get the hell outta here hah.