User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
CD5Passion

on knoes teh peace sign!

Are you fucking kidding me?

Quote:
DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- A homeowners' association in southwestern Colorado has threatened to fine a resident $25 a day until she removes a Christmas wreath with a peace sign that some say is an anti-Iraq war protest or a symbol of Satan.

Some residents who have complained have children serving in Iraq, said Bob Kearns, president of the Loma Linda Homeowners Association in Pagosa Springs.

He said some residents believed the wreath was a symbol of Satan. Three or four residents complained, he said.

"Somebody could put up signs that say drop bombs on Iraq. If you let one go up you have to let them all go up," he said in a telephone interview Sunday.

Lisa Jensen said she wasn't thinking of the war when she hung the wreath. She said, "Peace is way bigger than not being at war. This is a spiritual thing."

Jensen, a past association president, calculates the fines will cost her about $1,000, and doubts they will be able to make her pay. But she said she's not going to take it down until after Christmas.

"Now that it has come to this I feel I can't get bullied," she said. "What if they don't like my Santa Claus?"

The association in this 200-home subdivision 270 miles southwest of Denver has sent a letter to her saying that residents were offended by the sign and the board "will not allow signs, flags etc. that can be considered divisive."

The subdivision's rules say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.

Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything.

Kearns fired all five committee members.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/27/pea...rss_topstories
Old 11-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

What a bunch of fucking morons.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
CD5Passion

"oh my, my son is killing people, I resent the idea of peace!!!!"
Old 11-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Fucking losers.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:07 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD5Passion
"oh my, my son is killing people, I resent the idea of peace!!!!"

No shit. How does the notion of peace mean you're anti-troop? I mean...isn't everyone really anti-war? Does anyone really just love the idea of being at war? I'm willing to bet that even those delusional enough to think it's necessary wish we didn't have to fight in the first place. What if she'd put up a cross? I'll bet that no one would have a problem with that even though, to most christians at least, the cross is a symbol of peace and sacrifice. The funny thing is that so many of the people who are still gung ho on the war idea are pretty religious for the most part and in this country that usually means you're a christian. Think about that the next time you're in church reciting the lord's prayer. "Peace be with you, and also with you.". That's code for "I'm an anti-war crazy, and you should be one too". Jackasses.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
No shit. How does the notion of peace mean you're anti-troop? I mean...isn't everyone really anti-war? Does anyone really just love the idea of being at war? I'm willing to bet that even those delusional enough to think it's necessary wish we didn't have to fight in the first place. What if she'd put up a cross? I'll bet that no one would have a problem with that even though, to most christians at least, the cross is a symbol of peace and sacrifice. The funny thing is that so many of the people who are still gung ho on the war idea are pretty religious for the most part and in this country that usually means you're a christian. Think about that the next time you're in church reciting the lord's prayer. "Peace be with you, and also with you.". That's code for "I'm an anti-war crazy, and you should be one too". Jackasses.

haha exactly. it's more like "peace be with you (as long as you are christian, if you aren't than )"
Old 11-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
AzCivic

are you two done labeling all Christians as idiots? do you two some how think you're better than anyone who believes in a god?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #8
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCivic
are you two done labeling all Christians as idiots? do you two some how think you're better than anyone who believes in a god?

funny thing is I am catholic, and my longest relationship so far was with a christian girl. thank you come again
Old 11-30-2006, 01:26 AM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I didn't do that. In fact, I know I didn't. I simply pointed out that a lot of people who were beating the drums of war at least claim to be hardcore christians and that they're hypocrites when it comes to things like this. Pretty sure I never used the word "all". I went with the much more flexible qualifier "many".

I mean...since you asked, I do a feel a certain glee that I don't claim to know the inner-most thoughts and feelings of my imaginary friend. Then again that doesn't make me better than anyone...I just don't agree with them.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #10
AzCivic

Oh you used the word "many", excuse me Mr. thinks he's better than everyone.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #11
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD5Passion
funny thing is I am catholic, and my longest relationship so far was with a christian girl. thank you come again

oh in that case by all means talk shit about christians.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Then again that doesn't make me better than anyone...I just don't agree with them.

Quote:
Oh you used the word "many", excuse me Mr. thinks he's better than everyone.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. Namely...that you're an idiot.

And really for as much as you want to tell me I'm ripping on christians, you sure as shit can't tell me I'm wrong. So if I'm not wrong, I'm not ripping on anyone...I'm pointing out facts.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #13
CD5Passion

Quote:
oh in that case by all means talk shit about christians.

think you missed the point but i have the strangest feeling it would be hard to get make you understand what i meant.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:25 AM   #14
AzCivic

you two are pathetic.

CD5 thinks because he's catholic he can say whatever he wants, is that like those child touching priests who did what they wanted because they're were catholic? They can't be wrong!

GT thinks that since he believes something then it must be true NO MATTER what ANYone else says.

Last edited by AzCivic : 12-16-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:21 AM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
GT thinks that since he believes something then it must be true NO MATTER what ANYone else says.

It's not so much that I think I'm always right...it's more that I know you're always wrong.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #16
AzCivic

oh ok
Old 12-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #17
CD5Passion

Quote:
you two are pathetic.

CD5 thinks because he's catholic he can say whatever he wants, is that like those child touching priests who did what they wanted because they're were catholic? They can't be wrong!

way to judge buddy, just so you know you aren't any better than the rest of us.
I was merely making a statement just so you can't be "oh you aren't religious, so you couldn't possibly understand" or something or another