Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Yeah....F*** the police

Last night my buddy got an exhaust ticket. He's running a silencer'd skank2 mega whatever...its an n1 can basically.
Now he's gotta call within 15days and arrange a Db test.

The cop tailgated for 3miles easy and waited until he moved from an area of high traffic to almost zero to pull him over. The guy was a total prick...wait...the guy was your standard cop.
He asked all sorts of stupid questions..."Where are you going?" "Why are you over in this area?" (note: he was near the damn mall) "Have you been drinking?"

SO...Im thinking if 2 plates are put between the bpipe and cat and at the axleback section it'll quiet it down enough to pass the test.
Just some sheet metal cut out to look like gaskets, in case they look, w/ holes drilled to 2".
I think that that would increase backpressure/resonance enough to lower the rating.
Then just remove them after the test. Any future problems should be taken care of by the db-pass sticker/card that he'll get.

If this doesnt work its 2nd resonator time.
And if THAT doesnt work...new oval muffler too.

I hate cops...especially the ones who wear their mirror glasses 24/7.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

^that sucks,cops will pull over imports with exhaust. but they won't pull over a harley motorcycle that damn near breaks your windows.Or a muscle car that vibrates your whole car at a red light. Cops piss me off.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:38 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...honestly...if his exhaust really is louder than the ordinances there allow, then he shouldn't bitch. It's a shitty thing to get pulled over for, but it's still the law (and, again, a shitty law). I got pulled over for having loud exhaust once...even though there's no real noise ordinance in the KC suburb where I live. When I pointed that out the cop said he also noticed I wasn't wearing a seatbelt before he pulled me over. Also irrelevent since my county does not have a primary seatbelt law (you can be ticketed for it once they've pulled you over, but you can't pull someone over for that alone). So then I decided to treat him like shit because there wasn't much he could do to me. Just remember...treat the shitty cops like shit and treat cool cops cool. It's just that easy.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

^^pretty much about the shitty/cool cops

But saying all cops suck..is like saying all civic drivers are ricers and idiots

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:17 PM   #5
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Man...honestly...if his exhaust really is louder than the ordinances there allow, then he shouldn't bitch. It's a shitty thing to get pulled over for, but it's still the law (and, again, a shitty law). I got pulled over for having loud exhaust once...even though there's no real noise ordinance in the KC suburb where I live. When I pointed that out the cop said he also noticed I wasn't wearing a seatbelt before he pulled me over. Also irrelevent since my county does not have a primary seatbelt law (you can be ticketed for it once they've pulled you over, but you can't pull someone over for that alone). So then I decided to treat him like shit because there wasn't much he could do to me. Just remember...treat the shitty cops like shit and treat cool cops cool. It's just that easy.

this is sooo true. I got pulled over because one dumbass said I was racing....When a aztek (fucking AZTEK) was the one at the light with me. When I proved his stupid ass wrong he threatened to ticket me for my radar detector. Then I pointed out theat since I bought it in my state (Indiana) and it illegal I will sue the state of Indiana for selling illegal merchandise and put him out of a job. All I heard after that was "Have a nice night sir"
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:19 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
But saying all cops suck..is like saying all civic drivers are ricers and idiots

Exactly. People bitch and moan when they get pulled over, but then forget that they depend on cops when they need them. Trust me...if you were on the job you'd probably be a dick from time to time too. Almost everything you see is the worst of what society has to offer...why would they call you otherwise? I've personally known many cops since my father was a civilian employee at the local PD. They're just normal guys with jobs that subject them to non-stop shit.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #7
sicones

steel wool baby works all the time
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:49 PM   #8
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Exactly. People bitch and moan when they get pulled over, but then forget that they depend on cops when they need them.

COuldn;t have said it better. yay. someone with common sense..

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:38 AM   #9
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

I agree that some cops are cool,but some just harass people for no reason.A cousin of mine works with the police department and he admits that when they get bored they fuck with people for no reason.I mean, serve and protect not harass.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:03 AM   #10
CD5Passion

I heard in florida that if your exhaust is louder than it is stock then it is illegal. but i have yet to know someone in FL who has gotten pulled over for it and ticketed.
but yeah I don't think it's fair (but what is?) that harleys are made so god damned loud, even when I'm blaring my music I have to put my window up becuase of the obnoxious noise they make, muscle cars on the other hand I can stand
Old 10-27-2004, 01:15 AM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

^ There have been laws like that proposed, but none to my knowledge have been passed. I know Mass. tried to pass a law awhile back making it illegal to install any exhaust that made your car louder. SEMA fought tooth and nail to oppose it and I'm pretty sure they were successful.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:43 PM   #12
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

^ california does have that law.but rarely enforced.it also says that the company that sold/installed your exhaust has to put a normal exhaust back on your car at there expense.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:13 PM   #13
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Oh, I totally understand...the thing is, its 100% street legal.

Called up skunk2 yesterday and got a printout email.
Rollin up to the cop-shop tomorrow to get the ticket null'd.

Yes, there are good cops and bad cops...most of the ones around here are bad ones because they have nothing to do...EVER.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote