Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
ood
Parked

Keyless entry questions

Hi all, Long time since I posted here (It was honda-sport my last post) I had to re-reg as my old nick (doo) would let me read, but not post.

Anyways... I have a couple of questions I hope the more knowledgeable than I can help me with... As the topic suggests it has to do with keyless entry. In particular, keyless entry on an 2000 accord EX. I bought one today to replace my 90 accord 200+K miles! and still going strong.(I just wanted something new(er) <G>. My question is, where is the keyless entry /remote trunk /panic receiver? Once apon a time I heard it was in the stereo unit. Is this true? As I want to replace the stock head unit with something else, but I don’t want to loose keyless entry.

If it is true, well that’s too bad, can I wire the stereo to retain the keyless entry? If it not true, and the keyless entry system is in a different component, great! I will just buy a new stereo and replace the stock one.

Also, I see the stereo as well as the doors have a blinking red LED saying security. What exactly is this security. As far as I can tell, its just a red blinking LED. Is there anything more going on?? I dunno. Thanks for the help guys!!.

I thank you all for the help.
ood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
Mischief

Re: Keyless entry questions

Quote:
Originally posted by ood

Also, I see the stereo as well as the doors have a blinking red LED saying security. What exactly is this security. As far as I can tell, its just a red blinking LED. Is there anything more going on?? I dunno. Thanks for the help guys!!.

I can tell you from experience the security on the radio is in case the head unit loses power (battery dies, you unhook it etc. etc.) you need to put a code into it for it to work again.. It might say in the owner's manual or perhaps if you take the glove box out and look behind it what the code is..
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Re: Keyless entry questions

Quote:
Originally posted by ood
If it is true, well that’s too bad, can I wire the stereo to retain the keyless entry? If it not true, and the keyless entry system is in a different component, great! I will just buy a new stereo and replace the stock one.

you can use a t harness from circuit city that will allow you to use the stock head unit for the security.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

the Stereo HU isn't hooked up to the Keyless Entry. LED on the stereo is just for that not anything else.. So if you want to replace the stock HU you will be able to w/ just a wiring harness, and they can be picked up all day long at a stereo shop or pepboys/autozone etc...
good luck...
Old 07-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
spaur

I have an aftermarket head unit in my 00 Accord, and my mom has the factory unit in her 01. No, I don't have a blinking light in the dash anymore, but everything works just fine.

The alarm will sound if the door is unlocked by pulling the handle from the inside if the alarm is set. If someone was to break in through the window, and reach down to open the door, the alarm will go crazy. The car is also equipped with an immobilizer system on it so even if the car is started by a hotwire, it will be shut down without the correctly chipped key in the ignition.

Possibly if anyone could answer this question though..

My 00 will lock itself if I stand near it with the keys in my HAND. If I walk all the way into my house and come back to it later, it's unlocked just like I left it. No, I'm not accidentally pressing the button. The keys can be laid on the ground, dangling in my hand, wherever NEAR the car and it will automatically lock.

My mother's 01 doesn't do this. She can leave her keys in the console if she feels like it, with no worry about locking her keys in her car.