.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
cashizslick

Internet explorer is retarded

Ok, i have some stupid problem w/my computer. Im running Xp home BTW.

Ok - sometimes, when i load up IE, it starts working (i.e. loading the website hstuners.com) but then it just closes itself - no error messages of any kind - what could be causeing this? its almost as if somebody is hitting the X to cancle the program, but im not doing that.

I have scanned my CPU with Norton antivirus about 10 times and its found nothing

i dunno what to do.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sometimes mine did that. it was because of some script error on hst and the crappy code that ie was written in. try the winblows update.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
sometimes mine did that. it was because of some script error on hst and the crappy code that ie was written in. try the winblows update.

Which one - i stopped accepting those because i had a problem w/one of the updates they sent me.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:44 PM   #4
Wabster

Mine used to do that, norton never finds anything that is messing with your computer, i had to reformat mine becuase it was so ****ed up. My friend was telling me about a program that is supposed to get rid of all the bugs that you just get off websites and files, i forgot what its called.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:19 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

adware ???? www.lavasoft.com
regcleaner? www.jv16.org

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 11:29 PM   #6
Wabster

Can't remember, but apparantly it worked well. I'll ask him tommorow
Old 05-11-2003, 10:51 PM   #7
feanor

Use a mac

hehe
Bryan
Old 05-14-2003, 03:55 PM   #8
JudoAnt
1st Gear

windows updates are good most of the time. i would at least download Internet Explorer 6 w/ Service Pack 1.
JudoAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 04:09 PM   #9
nonovurbizniz

ya windows updates work fine.... as long as you have only ms software on your computer... they screwed me out of using my ati card for over a year because I installed their driver instead of the one that was working fine before the update... then when I tried to re-install the old one it wouldn't work... took ati a year to write an update that fixed it.... sort of..

My brother does nothing but ***** about updates cuz he's a network consultant... he'll do tons of work on a system then some dude will update thinking he's helping out.... BOOM... there goes my brothers weekend.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:10 AM   #10
spoogenet

If it aint broke, don't fix it. I live by that and my computer rarely ever has problems.

ATI is notorious for bad drivers and slow releases, it's really unfortunate because they make very good hardware, but it's useless without good drivers.

MS is notorious for breaking more than they fix, but it really depends on the customer. If you don't need one of the fixes supplied by them, simply don't install the update and you won't introduce instability. Most of the bug fixes MS implements are only really going to affect corporate customers not the home consumer. Most of the "features" MS adds are really just new bugs.

b