::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2002, 01:26 AM   #1
PoleMan14

transmission change

ok i have a 98 civic with automatic trans and would like to make it manual....how much would that cost? and what could i sell the auto trans for? thanks
Old 06-27-2002, 02:30 AM   #2
blownteggy

it's not worth your trouble. if you want a stick, trade your car for a stick. the hassle of getting it changed over, is almost the price of and engine swap.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:54 AM   #3
PoleMan14

thats what i was hoping you wouldnt say....thanks for help
Old 06-28-2002, 12:39 AM   #4
Civicfrenzy

If he gets and engine and trans swap at the same time wouldnt taht work alot better? If he wants to go that route
Old 06-28-2002, 02:05 AM   #5
blownteggy

better save alot of $$$ then!!!
Old 06-28-2002, 12:39 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: transmission change

Quote:
Originally posted by PoleMan14
ok i have a 98 civic with automatic trans and would like to make it manual....how much would that cost? and what could i sell the auto trans for? thanks
Why are you swapping out your auto? Dont tell me its for performance reason......
Old 06-28-2002, 01:53 PM   #7
PoleMan14

Auto is so boring, I would love having manual but I guess I can't afford it
Old 06-28-2002, 02:04 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Auto is so boring, I would love having manual but I guess I can't afford it

Don't sweat it. Manuals aren't all they're cracked up to be. Autos are great in traffic and driving around town. Just stick (no pun intended ) with it. Autos can be jsut as fast as manuals if not faster......
Old 06-29-2002, 01:10 AM   #9
Civicfrenzy

hey if it means anything i have an auto civic. St Louis is hell for driving a stick in anyway. Its your car if you want to put some $$$ into go for it whether its auto or manual. Your auto can be just as nice as any manual out there. IMO
Old 06-29-2002, 09:14 AM   #10
ripthesystem

yeah... I've got an Automatic too and I know what your going through. But it's like everyone's said.. esp. w/Honda-- the Auto tranny's are nice and switching is Sooo expensive.. your $$ could be better spend elsewhere

ripthesystem
Old 06-29-2002, 12:06 PM   #11
PoleMan14

thanks guys, I actually went to a local show yesterday and was looking at cars, I was suprised at the amount of autos. Anyways there was one guy there who put a boot and a new knob on his shifter thingy and it looks manual lol......I think I will do this just so it looks better and I can pretend its manual. haha
Old 06-29-2002, 07:00 PM   #12
blownteggy

pole man... please do not do this ricey and stupid "mod" that my firend is the gayest thing i've heard someone do.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:48 PM   #13
Hyjnx da Civic

Level Ten....thats ur best bet...i got a civic with an auto tranny...and im working on getting a Jackson Racing Supercharger into it...www.LevelTen.com they make performance automatic transmissions, u take ur tranny and send it to them and they upgrade it, there is a 3000 dollar package that is a whole new performance tranny, and there is a 300 dollar upgrade to ur existing tranny....i hope that helps you out
Old 06-29-2002, 10:56 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
thanks guys, I actually went to a local show yesterday and was looking at cars, I was suprised at the amount of autos. Anyways there was one guy there who put a boot and a new knob on his shifter thingy and it looks manual lol......I think I will do this just so it looks better and I can pretend its manual. haha

Please don't.
Old 06-30-2002, 05:58 PM   #15
PoleMan14

lol ok i wont, I can spend my money better elsewhere anyways.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:42 PM   #16
Hyjnx da Civic

SC baby...no auto upgrades nothing, just slap that in and ur off
hehe