.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2004, 02:00 PM   #1
wheresmylicense

unrequited love must suck

the other night i had a good friend of mine over for dinner. she's going to leave for college on tue, so i wanted to hang out with her once more before she did.

turns out she loves me. she's had these feelings ever since she met me, and can't get over them. she says she can't stop thinking about me, doesn't know if she can get over me, blah, blah, blah. she's gorgeous too.

problem? two days ago was my one year anniversary with a very serious girlfriend. i told her i'm sorry, but there's nothing i can do. i love my girlfriend, and nothing's going to change that.

i still felt like shit, because she was like bawling.

gah.

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
CD5Passion

kinda.....creepy.....actually
btw thats lust...not love so dont let it botha ya
Old 08-07-2004, 02:16 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

very true...not love really so dont even worry about it

send her to me...I'll pay for shipping
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 05:29 AM   #4
IALuder

ill pay double if she as hot as you say.....must see picture.

dont feel bad. not your problem or fault. if she really loved yea she would have total yea sooner.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 02:41 PM   #5
Grip72

*cough* side piece of ass *cough cough*
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:53 PM   #6
Shot 2 Hel

That is kinda creepy though
Old 08-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

i dont see whats creepy about it. A little strange, but not creepy.
Its just something she wanted to say before she left.
If shes a good friend make sure things dont get wierd between the 2 of you. Stay in contact
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #8
biker's back

whats creepy?

dude she'll get over you quick, there will be another guy so dontfeel bad
Old 08-08-2004, 09:40 PM   #9
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Why do I get the feeling she must have been watching the Friends episode when Rachel finally told Ross?? Dude, that may have been the most selfish thing I have ever heard of. She knew you were in a serious relationship and still felt the need to tell you? That's just wrong in my book. It's not about telling someone your feelings like that given your situation. She should be glad that you are with someone that obviously makes you happy. For her to tell you that smells like she either wanted you to feel sorry for her and give her sympathy sex or that she was set up to test your integrity of your relationship. In my past I had very strong feelings for this guy that was one of my best friends that I knew that I could never act on those feelings because he was with a woman that made him VERY happy. Now years later, married, two kids and a mortgage, he is the happiest I have ever seen him. Just knowing this is enough for me. I would NEVER tell him how I feel/felt just to try to break up this happy couple. Yeah I was upset, yeah I cried in my beer but I learned that HIS happiness was MY happiness. I would treat her with kid gloves from now on and keep my distance. I also feel that by telling you she did risk your friendship and it did ruin it. Things will NEVER be the same between you two again. Please don't even consider what happened your fault or something you did. She's an adult and life's a learning experience, she's responsible for her own actions. Whatever you do, don't tell your girlfriend this. Somethings are better left unsaid. Mad props to you for standing up and telling her no. Peace.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm kind of with Blackwolf. It was selfish and poorly timed, but I don't think it's creepy or whatever. I guess that, while I don't agree with or condone what she did in any way, I can understand. Sometimes people just have feelings that eat away at their insides until they just blurt it out even if there's no chance of any future. I certainly think she should've approached it from a different standpoint...like starting with something like "I know you're in a relationship and nothing can come of this but I've got to tell you blah blah blah". So now she's essentially fucked herself out of a friend by way of her own foolishness and self gratification (no double entendre jokes, please). Was is smart? No. Was it wrong? That's up for interpretation.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote