.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
biker's back

my lady and I

are coming up on some land mark date. It's a big date for her this July 28th but frankly I forget how long we've been dating. Ya I know its bad but I'm just a guy.

So I've decided to take her to the nicest place in town for dinner. For fine dinning its the only place that got 5/5 rating in all 4 categories.

Now what worries me is the bill is going to be around 300-400 and thats if we dont get wine.....

Man what men do for makes me wonder, it really does.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
VR4_Craver
Banned

Honestly? I wouldnt drop 300-400 dollars on something I am gonna go home and shit out. You should ask the girl where SHE wants to go not try and dazzle her with dropping that much money. Money cant buy love
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:36 AM   #3
Violent Apathy

Poverty can't buy anything.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:41 AM   #4
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
Honestly? I wouldnt drop 300-400 dollars on something I am gonna go home and shit out. You should ask the girl where SHE wants to go not try and dazzle her with dropping that much money. Money cant buy love

I know money can't buy love, and I dont need to buy her love I already have it.

You might not drop 300-400 but you'd probably put a muffler on your car you didn't need. To each is own, and i'm not doing anything I can't afford here.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:29 PM   #5
hondacivicgrl01

I think that is awesome that you are willing to spend all that money on a nice romantic dinner for your g/f. I'm sure she will really appreciate it and you will make her night/day/year.

I agree w/ you on spending the money on another car part. My b/f has 2 tegs and all he does w/ his $$ is throw it into his cars. I'm sure it's for a good cause and I personally loove to shop, so to each their own.

Have a GREAT night and enjoy!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
ShagginJet

There are other ways of showing a woman that you appreciate her, as a partner and as a person. Spending that kind of money on diner might not be the wisest. Have you considered spending that money to take her out of town for the weekend? Take her to a nice bed and breakfast, a weekend retreat, somewhere where the two of you can just enjoy each other. Just because it's a fancy restaurant doesn't mean she'll like it, and god only knows how things could unexpectedly suck for no reason. Either which way, congratulation on the (insert # of years here) years you two have been together.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #7
biker's back

Well I'll be taking her to SF,CA in April and probably skiing in the winter.

She knows we're going out and is thrilled to death.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:27 AM   #8
biker's back

well the dinner and service was amazing. GF truly loved it!