.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
Kool-Aid

To Be Ready

I was conversing with someone a little older than I concerning love and relationships, marriage and kids...and he asked me..."How does one know whether they're ready for marriage if they've never been married?"...he was generally asking this question leaning towards young adults in their 20's...he also asked me..."How does one know whether they're ready for kids or not if you've never had any?"

Do you guys, and gals, think you're ready for marriage and kids at your age?? Why and why not?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
ewaugh

I'm 18, and no. My sister will be 21 in a month and she's married to a guy she met in college, they'd been togeather for about three years so it was no suprise.

"drive carefully, 90% of all kids are accidents"

ewaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #3
mylittlecivic

I just think it depends when you find someone you cant live without, when your life is stable. It's something im working on right now its tough shit. And as for kids? i want one but probably not for like 10 years

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

if i found the right person im sure i could live with them now, but i dont think im ready for that. i dont think anyone would be able to stand living with me all the time right now. i want to live my college life out at least another year before i start to tapper off. im sure i'll have a kid or 2 down the line, but its not in the near future.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #5
IALuder

i think youll know after it happens.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:38 AM   #6
95DX
2nd Gear

I'd have to agree with Anna in that it would have to be when you feel stable with where you are in your life and when you feel you have met that right person you could see living with for the rest of your life. right now its def. not my time between school, and work I usually hardly have time for myself let alone to be with/there for someone else and I want out of this damn state its too expencive to do squat ie your typical 150K home is selling for 300-400K min. here so buying a house unless your a millioniare is nearly impossible (another example my dad and step-mother bought a 3 bed 1 bath condo for 240-250k and it was one if not the only "cheap" place they could find and an old neighbor sold his house for like 340 something thousand and it was a fixer upper)
95DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:08 AM   #7
wal
2nd Gear

marriage,kids = all words like that put the shits up me
wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:23 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I haven't got a clue what that means, but damned if I don't love british sayings.

As for marriage and kids...no and no. I'll apparently never be able to find a woman who can put up with me for longer than 6 months without cheating on me and kids...I hate kids. They're small and stupid and I'm better than them.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:09 AM   #9
IALuder

hahaha wal...

gt40 your right i hate kids till there about 13. then they dont seem as retard. hell i cant find a women willing to spend more then 6min talking to me. why must i be so ugly.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
biker's back

I think i might just have found the right girl. I find it hard to put feelings into words but theres just something there that i cant really explain.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #11
black95gs-t

<-------- ONLY 22!!! I'm SURE I'm not ready.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:27 PM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I haven't got a clue what that means, but damned if I don't love british sayings.

ditto

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:04 AM   #13
Kool-Aid

Im sure none of you guys are ugly and Im sure that all of you guys will eventually find the woman that will fulfill every needs and desires that you may have...yo promesa.
As for me, I think I would be ready for marriage and kids if it were to ever happen. I don't see why I wouldn't be ready...I guess I would be willing to sacrifice some things for marriage and kids if I really wanted them bad enough.
I've been thinking about what some people have to say about marriage...how they're afraid that their freedom will cease...like you'd be tied down...well, I can say that I would want a marriage where we both would be free to do whatever we wanted...the only thing is that we wouldn't go around sleeping with other people. I don't see why people complain about being tied down when all you would need is a mutual agreement to just be able to do whatever and go wherever but just be faithful...that's the kind of marriage I would want...
Old 07-07-2004, 06:46 AM   #14
biker's back

well when reality strikes and you realize marriage brings on a ton of responsibilities then you'll find out doing 'whatever you want' doesnt quite work. There is a morgage, car payments and bills that will stop you from going to the mall and dropping a grand on clothing or leaving for a weeks vacation.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #15
juvenile

I think she means like being able to go out with her friends and doing things other than being with the husband 24/7 (like some families like it to be)
Old 07-08-2004, 06:37 PM   #16
Kool-Aid

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
well when reality strikes and you realize marriage brings on a ton of responsibilities then you'll find out doing 'whatever you want' doesnt quite work. There is a morgage, car payments and bills that will stop you from going to the mall and dropping a grand on clothing or leaving for a weeks vacation.

Well, that all depends on what your income is...sure you can do thatif you have the money to do so...just because you're married doesn't mean you'll be broke...if anything...the finances should be a little better than when you're single since you re now sharing the bills with someone...
Old 07-08-2004, 08:30 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i dunno aboput that. i think you will feel it when you are ready.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote