::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2003, 03:51 PM   #1
seanjuan

should I get an LSD if I swap?

I considering getting a B16a2 for my 92 civic LX.
hybridautomotive.com sells complete swaps for about $2100 with the option of throughing in an LSD for another $300.
First off, does anyone know if this place is legit or if there is a better deal out there than $2100 plus shipping?

secondly should I go with the LSD? I've heard great things about them from people on VWvortex but they are all being used on cars with VR6 engines that make alot more torque than the B16a2.
Would it be better to just get a quaife or peloquin at some point down the road? or just skip it all together

to me, $300 seems like a good deal but not if it's going to blow up on me

thanks
Sean
Old 06-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

welll are they throwing a real lsd or some phantom conversion kit ?????? i've heard a lot of places advertising those but most of them sell the phantom conversion kit which i heard is not that great anyway.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #3
nonovurbizniz

some places just weld the spider gears...

If it's a legit jdm lsd tranny then yeah that's worth it... but if it's some crappy add on you don't want to do it...

see if they'll through a type-r lsd tranny on there.

I don't know much about pricing... that seems pretty good though... call around your local though because there are actually a couple of big junkyards and engine remans that started selling jdm engines aroung me.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:09 AM   #4
seanjuan

Yeah, I am kind of thinking that for $300 that about covers the labor to open the tranny do some welding and put it back together. I wish I could find someone who bought one from them with an LSD. I will deffinitely give the place a call before I order though.

I guess I'd like to drive a civic with an LSD before I decided to get one anyway. And I'd like a name like Quaife, etc.

later
Old 06-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #5
nonovurbizniz

You DO NOT want welded gears.. that would suck on a daily driven car... hell it'd suck on ANY car.

Ask if it's a "real jdm lsd tranny" or if they just put in a kit or weld something etc... they will HAVE to give you an answer... if they lie sue the pants off of them.

then you'll have enough for the quaife.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:42 AM   #6
sc0rch

holyshit the B18c1 is $3100 for everything.......maaaaaan good prices........i've been checking out prices on b18c1 and c5 and nothing comes close to theres......specially with the tranny