::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2002, 03:58 AM   #1
BrandonClaps

Fuel Cut off Switch, here ya go

I know everyone wants a fuel cut off switch so it's about time i made this post.

Oh yea, this is only for a 96-00 civic. (that i know of for sure)

1. Remove your back seat (lower part only)

2. You will see your fuel tank and like a vinyl tubing coming out of a grommet and i believe it goes to the passenger side. Slice open that vinyl tubing being carefuly not to cut any wires.

3. Look for a yellow wire with a green stipe (yellow/green). That is the 12v for the fuel pump

4. Cut that wire and wire a switch in series with it for your fuel kill switch.

5. You will have to add more wire to the 12v fuel pump wire if you want to put the switch up under the dash. Or possibly stuff it under the rear seat and grab back there. I dono do whatcha wanna do.

If you want to do it for another car it's fairly easy, find the fuel pump and just probe the wires connecting to it. Thats not how i did it (helms manual) but thats how it can be done ;]

Just remember, you have NEVER seen anyone post a fuel cut off switch tutorial before, so give me some credit ;D
Old 01-20-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I told you once, and I'll tell you again.. You're the man!

Could you enlighten me as to what a fuel cut off is useful for..
Other than very specific uses, I dunno... I'm a little
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 07:29 PM   #3
BrandonClaps

rofl ok, people have kill switches for there alarms, well if u do a fuel cut off switch your car won't get any gas to the engine the pump won't pump ;D thus meaning unless he finds that switch he ain't getting that car started no matter what he does ;D
Old 01-20-2002, 07:33 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Will this keep the car from shutting down at 120 mph or what ever it is... If so... Youll have a Cult following pretty soon.. I think you aught to sticky this or put it in the how to to be stickied..

You are truely the Electronic Pimp..!!!
Old 01-20-2002, 07:48 PM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
rofl ok, people have kill switches for there alarms, well if u do a fuel cut off switch your car won't get any gas to the engine the pump won't pump ;D thus meaning unless he finds that switch he ain't getting that car started no matter what he does ;D

Ya thats what I thought.. So peeps who are too cheap to put an alarme on, put a switch?

I mean, lets say the swith is hidden somewhere deep under your dash.. Each time you wanna start the car, you gotta reach for it, to make the contacte.. And to *arme* your protection, you gotta reach down there, and disconnect..

Seems like a lot of work.. :o

Old 01-20-2002, 07:56 PM   #6
BrandonClaps

you can do it anyway you want. when u wanna start your car you have to flip it on and leave it on while your driving otherwise it's gonna stop giving it gas lol. You can put it anywhere, under your seat, in the glove box, in the arm rest, you can do it anyway u want. it's not really for people that are to cheap to do it with the alarm, it's for people that one a sure way of protecting there car

here is a diagram if u guys can't figure out how to get out the back seat. there are 2 clips and at the top right it shows what the clips look like

Old 01-20-2002, 08:01 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

That seems very reasonable...

Humm, I think I feel like putting a swith on my line..

Old 01-20-2002, 08:42 PM   #8
BrandonClaps

yea it's definatly worth it. i gotta do mine once it gets warmer *burrrrrr* i also gotta take down my headliner so i can wire up my sunroof open/close with my remote on my alarm
Old 01-20-2002, 08:51 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
yea it's definatly worth it. i gotta do mine once it gets warmer *burrrrrr* i also gotta take down my headliner so i can wire up my sunroof open/close with my remote on my alarm

sunroof on alarm is cool..

Old 01-20-2002, 11:05 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Brandon, that was a great post. You can never be too careful with your car, and if I lived in a higher crime area, I'd do this for sure.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 12:12 AM   #11
BrandonClaps

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man

sunroof on alarm is cool..

yea ever since i got my helms manual i've been able to find all the wires and do everything ;]
Old 01-21-2002, 12:15 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

The helms is really nice for that kinda stuff..and everything thing else really..
Old 01-21-2002, 02:12 AM   #13
SWIFT

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Will this keep the car from shutting down at 120 mph or what ever it is... If so... Youll have a Cult following pretty soon.. I think you aught to sticky this or put it in the how to to be stickied..

oh, i think he's referring to the fuel pump not supplying fuel to the engine...it's like pulling your ECU out...engine will crank, but wont start..more like a "fuel supply switch"...
now fuel cut off is controlled by the ecu, it's like a preventive thing so you wont damage the engine...
Old 01-21-2002, 02:28 AM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by SWIFT

oh, i think he's referring to the fuel pump not supplying fuel to the engine...it's like pulling your ECU out...engine will crank, but wont start..more like a "fuel supply switch"...
now fuel cut off is controlled by the ecu, it's like a preventive thing so you wont damage the engine...

yeah I got that after a little while.. Im alittle slow sometimes..
Old 01-21-2002, 02:34 AM   #15
SWIFT

nah, u cool bro...
Old 01-21-2002, 03:18 AM   #16
BrandonClaps

i know there are different things u can buy to get rid of the rev limiter. different ECU (spoon/ctr) can't remember the other stuff, a chip does it also i think
Old 02-19-2002, 07:32 PM   #17
OneDopeTeg

ok guys...you want security...here it is....brandon has the right ideer....we all agree....but any true car thief is gunna stake a car out for maybe even a few days before he tries anything...just so he can see if you have any sorta pattern....so here is brandons ideer one step further....so ya got yer switch and its hidden somewhere....imagine the pattern that can be witnessed if everyday you stop yer car and reach down to the same spot....whats the first spot gunna be for a thief to look when they figure out the car wont start? They are goin right where you keep goin eveytime you stop the car....and voila....they find a switch....*flip*....presto....car=gone! So i say wire up like 4 unlighted switches in series and mount them in full view somewhere....but when you mount them....mount a certain number of them "upside down" in relation to the others....so this way when ya stop the car you flip all the switches so they all face the same way (some will be on and some wont)...thief gets in and thinks to flip them all (reverses them....still some are on and some are not)....only you will know the combination of up and down to flip the switches in order to make the car start....and im no mathematical whiz but with four switches the chances of a thief getting the right combo are like 1 in 60+ making it a long process to sit there and try to figure it out....bottom line....to a thief its not worth it....they will move on....for added saftey....make two switches cut the fuel and two cut the ignition! Just my two pennies....works for me
Old 03-12-2002, 08:08 PM   #18
Azkikr111

this doesnt mess with any electronics anywhere else in your car......say your max speed fuel cut off or play with any other dumb crap like that, does it?
Old 03-13-2002, 07:23 AM   #19
BrandonClaps

all it does is turn off your fuel pump so your car doesn't get fuel when you leave your car. Same thing as a starter kill but a fuel kill ;]
Old 03-13-2002, 10:42 PM   #20
Azkikr111

cool cool
Old 03-13-2002, 10:51 PM   #21
4jacks

A freind a work told me his freind has his Talon Wired so you have to enter in a certain pattern of Pedals before you can start the car... Example (BRAKE BRAKE CLUTCH GAS) ... I thought was a bit extreme but a really bright Idea .

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:01 AM   #22
BrandonClaps

hmmm it probably does it with relays, or he made a module...
Old 03-28-2002, 08:35 AM   #23
spoogenet

I want a retinal scanner tied into my fuel interrupt. Please look into the mirror before starting the car.....

b
Old 04-14-2002, 03:06 PM   #24
OneDopeTeg

or thumbprint ID in the steering wheel
Old 12-08-2002, 04:25 PM   #25
cvguy

I'm in the process of ripping my car apart, and I thought I'd do the fuel kill switch while I was back there..

However, the image to show how to take off the back seat no longer works. Anyone know where I can find the image?
Old 12-08-2002, 06:34 PM   #26
ShEaNy

or just a big dog in the car lol
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 02:42 AM   #27
darkdaedra

Hmm, not so sure about those switches in plain view OneDopeTeg. If this thief is as good as you said, having scouted the car. Although he's almost certainly not going to spend the time going through every combination, he may try the ol' rip the switches out and connect the wires by hand trick. Most thieves don't concern themselves with messing up the interior a little. So yeah, go with a nice alarm and a kill switch that's not hard to reach but is not in a very visible area. Then you can be fairly confident your car is safe.

Though, I do like the big dog idea. Have to feed it and like, make sure it's "car trained". Seems like too much maintanence. Maybe an attack android that sits in the back seat could deter thieves...
Old 12-23-2002, 09:20 PM   #28
Of17

question:

why not the lighter? I know no one smokes in there cars and it has no use... well thats where my dads is lol so.....no one would think of it there or da botton that resets your miles.. but i think that would be harder o well thats my 2 cents
Old 12-23-2002, 09:57 PM   #29
Kyle
elyK

the lighter could work...but it's be kindas weird finding a way to set that up...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:50 PM   #30
tooslow91crx

wire it into the seat belt buckle light switch. i think most car thieves would try to start the engine before the buckle the seat belt? i know i would. anyways, they'll never notice you doing anything different because you wouldn't be doing anything different, unless you have harnesses, but that's a different story
Old 08-01-2003, 01:13 AM   #31
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ok, i just did it on mine: for a 92 accord is a yellow wire with silver rings on it. and btw mine is rigged very very close to the ecu and one more word of advice: turn on the fuel before you set the ignition into run position.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:38 PM   #32
Kool-Aid

4. Cut that wire and wire a switch in series with it for your fuel kill switch.

Id on't understand this part right here...elaborate please?
Old 03-20-2004, 11:42 PM   #33
Sivik

wiring in series means that instead of having a straight wire like this:

-------------------------

you cut it anywhere:

------ --------

and wire the switch in where you cut it:

---------:switch:----------

so when the switch is one way... the wire is "open" or basically cut, and when the switch goes the other way its "closed" or complete.

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:46 AM   #34
Kool-Aid

So, you can put this switch anywhere in your vehicle?? Where do you get a switch from?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:55 AM   #35
Kool-Aid

Ok...I have a 93 Civic...so this obviously won't work I guess...so, where would I find out how to hook a cutoff switch for my 93 Civic?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #36
c0ng0 b0ng0

why would you want a fuel cut switch, is this a way to get higher mpg? like you get going fast and then cut off the fuel so you can get super high mpg like above 110?
Old 03-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #37
AkimboStylee

it is a security option, that is why it is in the security forum (i am right, aitn i that is why it is in here !)
Old 03-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #38
Kool-Aid

I just thought it sounded like a real good idea to do for security purposes...thats all...but I was told that installing a fuel cutoff switch was only for racing puropses only...is this true??
Old 03-24-2004, 02:45 PM   #39
Sivik

installing it is strictly personal security comfort... if you feel content with an alarm protecting your vehicle then your all set. if you want to make sure that can't "drive" you car away if someone tries to steal it, then install one. any car can have this done... its just tapping into a wire that every car will have. just a matter of determining the right wire.

now if the thieves wanted to "push" or "roll" your car away thats a different story, but unless they find this switch then the engine will not start period.

fuel cutoff switch has nothing to do with MPG. other factors determine MPG such as RPM, drag force, weight, etc... but thats not in this topic.

switch can be obtained at any local auto store... just a normal switch. hell, i even think wally-world sells them.

its a good idea if you live in a high theft area to have one, but if you car gets busted into there's no stopping them from jacking your interior up, but at least you'll still have your car.

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:48 AM   #40
Kool-Aid

Ok kool...now all I have to do is figure out which wire the fuel is for and I'll be all set. Thanks!!!
My car did get broken into and it did get stolen before...and since I live in Las Vegas and Hondas are high theft, I think it would be necessary...because it drove me to insanity when I saw my car gone.