::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Supercharger
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2002, 11:22 AM   #1
FasterThanLight

Charging ?s

Anyone with experience using water injection with supercharger? I've mentioned previously I am going to get the JRSC, and i'm wondering if i will need water(or 50/50 water/alcohol) too cool things off if i want to use the 9lb. kit. as i live in cali, we've got 91 octane supreme(sucks) and i'm looking for long-term durability(as much as possible, anyway). is there anyone out there using the vortech set-up? any help is appreciated...

j
Old 07-12-2002, 11:39 AM   #2
blownteggy

sup faster. i don't have the water injection setup yet, but i was thinking of getting it next month cuz the temps around the bay area are going up like crazy. since i put on the crv crankshaft pulley to up the boost to 9psi, i did notice a change in engine bay temps.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
FasterThanLight

hey buddy, wassup? yeah, it's hotter than hell here. it was 115 on tuesday in sac... damn. i just picked up this months copy of... honda performance i think. they have a vortech supercharged gs-r on the cover. it kinda sucks though, i think. all the boost comes on really late, even though it does make 100hp at the wheels, at 8000rpm. car's getting lowered next week- prolly with comptech springs and konis. i'll see. when it's done, i'll put pics up again... woowee!
Old 07-15-2002, 01:01 AM   #4
blownteggy

alot of people are dissapointed with the vortech unit. can't wait to see it!
Old 07-25-2002, 08:34 PM   #5
1BadAzzGT

Using alky/water injection will definately ensure your ambient temperatures are down. However, you need to ensure that you get the mixture correct. Instead of doing alky/water, have you considered a small shot of NOS and/or a good intercooler/aftercooler selection? I know that Spearco makes some very nice coolers and I'm sure they would have a nice core for your car.

Good luck....
Old 07-26-2002, 12:02 PM   #6
FasterThanLight

Quote:
Using alky/water injection will definately ensure your ambient temperatures are down. However, you need to ensure that you get the mixture correct. Instead of doing alky/water, have you considered a small shot of NOS and/or a good intercooler/aftercooler selection? I know that Spearco makes some very nice coolers and I'm sure they would have a nice core for your car.

Good luck....

i have considered a small shot of NOS... probably on the order of a 40 horse setup, but i've got an idea that i want near full-time cooling, and NOS definitely won't do that. an aftercooler fits the bill perfectly, but i haven't seen(nor really looked for) one for my car. the way the jrsc hooks up to the intake won't really allow for one. i don't think i want a vortech(centrifugal) style unit either, so i'm kind of stuck. :(