.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Nitrous
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2005, 10:36 PM   #81
AzCivic

got your email. the only reasoning for edelbrocks weird sizes is that they don't want to deal w/ someone blowing their little 4cyl engine.

they say to run a .030 for an 80shot but as you can see in my earlier post every other nitrous kit calls for a jet in the .04x range. a nitrous kit is a very basic thing, add some nitrous at a certain pressure throw in some fuel at a much lower pressure, ignite it and you get power. the only difference in the kits is the quality of the parts.

so unless you dyno the car and it shows something close to a 80hp gain, i'm gonna stick to my guns and say your running something alot smaller than an 80shot.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:41 PM   #82
AzCivic

Also I emailed edelbrock about their oddball jet sizes, and never got a clear answer:

Dear Mr. LaCoste,

Thank you for your Interest with Edelbrock Nitrous Products. Thereason our jetting seems different that our competitors is that we do Dyno
testing and Jet Mapping with our Jets. Also the fuel jet will seem smaller, but it is made for a fuel Injected Motor witch runs at 60 PSI. For a 40 Hp shot you are going to want to use a 24 Nitrous jet and an 18 fuel jet. For a 70 HP shot you are going to want to use a 32 Nitrous and 20 Fuel Jet. If you have any further questions please fell free to Email me back.
Chris Wiesinger
Edelbrock Corporation Tech Department

Hello,

I'm trying to help out a friend who recently purchased the above kit. In the instructions it says for an approx. 60hp gain the recommended jetting is .028nitrous/.25fuel. My question is, why are these #'s quite different than any other wet nitrous setup I've seen? Usually the fuel jet is quite a bit smaller than the nitrous jet, but these are almost the same. Also for most
other kits i've seen, a much larger jet is used to get an approx 60hp bump in power.

I Look forward to your response.

Thanks so much for your time,
Robert LaCoste
Old 01-31-2005, 10:42 PM   #83
AzCivic

as you can see these sizes are way different than whats in the manual, so I don't know what these fools are thinking. I replied back asking for better clarification but never got a response, even after sending the email a second time.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #84
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

but YOU do see the manual and see that size 30 is max jet. The jetting numbers are imprinted on the side of the jets. 30 being max included with my kit. You think its different? Damn Edelbrock FUCKED UP! Shit Now I believe you but you shouldve believed me too. Its not my fault. But as you posted edelbrock did say they use theirs a little different.
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #85
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

im running around 80 it isnt 80. Im going to ask edelbrock that too tomorrow. My microswitch bracket broke off for the 2nd time. Edelbrock ordered replacement and I got close to an employee so I will ask him about the odd jet sizings tomorrow.

FIY: The kit I bought is for 4-6 cyl 40-80 shot
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote