::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Supercharger
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2002, 07:20 PM   #1
CombatKit47

hp boostin'

hey i would like to know all the hp boosters and things for honda engines u can get such as superchagers, turbos and all you would need to install and make this work can u also name the comapanie names or websitwes i can find these thank you
Old 01-20-2002, 05:02 AM   #2
DRAG Boosted Si
The Grim Reaper

Re: hp boostin'

Quote:
Originally posted by CombatKit47
hey i would like to know all the hp boosters and things for honda engines u can get such as superchagers, turbos and all you would need to install and make this work can u also name the comapanie names or websites i can find these thank you
well to start u off... Hp boosters if u want to call, is going to be relative to what type of forced induction or n/a u want to run. certain modifications that are meant to boost will not work with n/a engines...u feel me...let me know what u are thinking about so we can sit down and talk about whats the best choice for your application....then we can go from there but there are numerouse websites where u can find parts for anytype of f/i or n/a u are going for
DRAG Boosted Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
Incubus

The thing I like about turbo's over superchargers is that turbo's are much more efficient than superchargers. Superchargers seem to be a more engine safe proposition as long as you know what your doing, but if you know how to build up your engine's bottom end, etc. turbos are just as safe.

As far as building up the engine to take the abuse of forced induction, what are people's recommendations? I'm looking at forged pistons, titanium valve springs, retainers, etc. What about crankshaft? I've heard the stock crankshaft of the Integra LS engine is sufficient, but I also heard that micropolishing the crankshaft is also a good way to go. What are your opinions?